Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta mention the group I was with this morning ... 3 level 70 sentinels (2 in 230 1 in 241 gear) ... Depths of Manaan vet fp ... me as heals (lvl 70 240-ish gear) ... "oh great ... 3 instat-leap squishies to heal" ...

boy was I wrong ... all 3 did everything near perfect ... 1 death during Ortuno's flow (started running out about half a second too late and out of range of my extricate/force yank skill).

Never let it be said that ALL sents are leeroys :)

• 1 month later...

Was doing HM FPS imp side for the weekly and I dunno how but I must have clicked Copero too somehow and also got it. The tank was awesome! The other dps left right at start saying he wont bother with it, but the tank calmed us down that first boss is doable with companion, even 2 ppl 2 companions.

He was on assassin and stealthed to boss so we jumped off and spawned at boss saving lots of time. He summoned his companion, explained tactics that he will aggro everything and we just burn boss. He managed his companion well and also used those heroic abilities for max dps. He kept aggro on waves and waves of adds without us killing any of them. In the end we had a zillion adds but killed boss and all disappeared! Me and healer didnt even get a scratch was great.

2nd boss, we still didnt get a dps so he said we should try. He explained it all so was good to know what to expect an to do. He also kept on saying instructions in chat during encounter. We wiped 1 time in the end where the hell breaks out caused he said he has issues with managing companion, but on 3rd try we got it. Luckily for bonus boss we got a dps.

Bonus was ONE SHOTTED!! I couldnt believe it cause I heard people skipping this and that it requires coordiantion on interrupts and so on. The tank simply did all the work. He pulled 1 add and pushed all 3 adds off, he did all interrupts on the droid and kept aggro on Walker, simply amazing!

Last boss was no big issue, but I died in end in that circle but was fine, we had it, so on my first run of that FPS we did 2 bosses with a companion and killed bonus boss. It was all thanks to that tank (name was Ray... something) and he seemed to be farming it for the 25x achievements. Thanks to his effort the dps just dpsed the boss without having to worry about anything (ofc staying out of circles) so it was really nice given its a hard FPS. This shows how a good tank can carry the group.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a nice team today for Czerka Core Meltdown HM.

Juggernaut tank (returning player, had never even seen the Czerka FPs before), Marauder & Mercenary dps, and me on my Operative healer.

We all pitched in to explain the boss fights and the run was smooth as silk. It's so good to find other people who look out for first-timers :)

Had an enjoyable group in MM BH just now. PT tank, Lightning Sorc dps, and (a somewhat weak) Op heals, along with me, Veng Jugg dps. Everybody but me was in less-than-stellar gear, so some of the other group members were a bit worried about being able to clear it at the start. So I started doing pep talks, being Positive In Chat, and playing the Very Experienced Gamer. I exhaustively explained all of the fights, especially the boss fights, and all the little tricks to keep in mind, especially with a view toward making life easier on the healer. We wiped several times on Jos and Valk (but cleared them on our 'last pull', as usual) and it took some of the group awhile to internalize the mechanics on Torch, but after about an hour we managed to clear it. Apparently it was the first time for some of them, and people seemed very happy. So that was cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Twice in a row in Veteran Traitor among the Chiss at first boss in group consisting of at least 2 low level melees I had (two different) great Mandos that killed the boss as last men standing with more than 40% on the boss to start with.

Was great watching it, kudos for well placed dcds and usage of koltos!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Copero vet, first boss (the droid). It's second or third try, the boss is in its 80s and I'm (lvl 70 sorc) left on the battlefield with lvl 70 sniper and with my combad rez on cd. At first I placed myself near the cliff to have a chance to avoid repair bill if the sniper get down first but soon I realized the boss went down to 70%, adds were under control and we both had decent amount of health.

Seeing how well it's going I started to be more careful about my dcds and offheals and some time later the boss went down... so, a big shoutout to the sniper (and the rest of the team for not screaming at us for doing it so logn :))

I hope I didn't post this already. :p

A few months ago, I queued for hard modes on my Sniper on SS. I got Blood Hunt. Now, she's relatively well geared(I believe a fair chunk of 236s), but I've heard so many horror stories that I was very nervous. The rest of the group told me not to fret so quickly. I believe we did the first boss in two shots, and the couple and Shae were one shot. It was fantastic, and we even did the bonus!

• 1 year later...
It's been a while since anyone posted in this thread, so I'll chime in. I'm mostly a solo player, but I'm happy to do a little ad hoc grouping. Since the Pirate Incursion event came out, I've been grouping for the heroics on multiple characters to get the weekly done. (I know some people can solo them, but I'm definitely not one of those people.) Some groups have been amazing, and we've zipped through all 3 heroics in a few minutes; some have been a little less amazing, and it's taken longer. But everyone I've grouped with has been kind and patient (or at least quiet), and we've always made it through eventually. So I'd like to thank the Republic-side heroic-runners of Star Forge for lots of fun Pirate Incursion groups!