Player Housing Suggestions

DarthVengeant

Now that Player Housing is confirmed. (check Dulfy for proof) Here is a thread for suggestions.

A) I just hope its not all cartel based. Please NO! Let us EARN things for our homes through new quest-lines or grinding certain dailies, ops etc. Not cartel. Please.

B) Give us Legacy 50 and subscribers some love Bioware.

C) Let us have a few different types of homes to choose from.

D) Dyes and color schemes/wallpapers. Etc. (or maybe like Fallout 3's apartment kits with a theme)

E) Ability for people in your group to enter with you. Maybe even your entire guild, sort of like a Guild Hall.

F) Companions to be in your home as well as have their own rooms, and one for you and whoever you romanced.

G) Display case for your titles and achievements. Maybe one with models of your rare armor or Legacy Unlocks from Collections on the wall. A place for all your pets to be displayed and your mounts.

H) Ability to buy Legacy Perks for your home such as GTN, Repair Droid, Storage, etc. Also a Transport Terminal in your home that goes to the daily areas and fleet. THAT would be wonderful!!!

Edited by DarthVengeant

Now that Player Housing is confirmed. (check Dulfy for proof) Here is a thread for suggestions.

A) I just hope its not all cartel based. Please NO! Let us EARN things for our homes through new quest-lines or grinding certain dailies, etc. Not cartel. Please.

D) Dyes and color schemes/wallpapers. Etc. (or maybe like Fallout 3's apartment kits with a theme)

E) Ability for people in your group to enter with you. Maybe even your entire guild, sort of like a Guild Hall.

F) Companion to have their own rooms, and one for you and whoever you romanced.

G) Display case for your titles and achievements. Maybe one with models of your rare armor or Legacy Unlocks from Collections on the wall. A place for all your pets to be displayed and your mounts.

H) Ability to buy Legacy Perks for your home such as GTN, Repair Droid, Storage, etc. Also a Transport Terminal in your home that goes to the daily areas and fleet. THAT would be wonderful!!!

May I add one:

(I) Being able to share the housing with another player (whether mate or boyfriend/girlfriend or just a friend)

Let's Just begin off with saying this:

Do not give us Player Housing if you're not aiming to exceed our expectations. Remember Everyone in this game is going to compare this to the SWG Player Housing. Do not put things into our houses that we cannot physically use.

make no sense to have chairs,beds and tables that we cannot interact with. (Why are they even there?) various paintings lot's of different Decor like different types of seats, statues or fireplaces and ect.

If you're just planning to give us another player ship but make it a house just delete the content we don't want it. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Edited by Kazjan

Let's Just begin off with saying this:

Do not give us Player Housing if you're not aiming to exceed our expectations. Remember Everyone in this game is going to compare this to the SWG Player Housing. Do not put things into our houses that we cannot physically use.

make no sense to have chairs,beds and tables that we cannot interact with. (Why are they even there?) various paintings lot's of different Decor like different types of seats, statues or fireplaces and ect.

If you're just planning to give us another player ship but make it a house just delete the content we don't want it. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Tbh, I just can't see placing stuff in SWTOR. I get the feeling it will involve running to a terminal and changing a variety of presets to be customized.

Example: Coffee table is in the same place in said house. Terminal allows you to change it from wood to glass to whatever.

A) I just hope its not all cartel based. Please NO! Let us EARN things for our homes through new quest-lines or grinding certain dailies, ops etc. Not cartel. Please.

F) Companions to be in your home as well as have their own rooms, and one for you and whoever you romanced.

I) Allow people to build their own homes and sell them on the GTN. I play Rift solely for the dimensions. I love to build houses, castles, and all sorts of architecture. The problem is, there's no way for me to sell these things to players. If Bioware could not only allow players the freedom to build whatever they choose, but to somehow sell their work (either through the GTN or more realistically find a way to sell via trade and allow house ownership to be transferred to the other player) I would be extremely happy. If it's just a buy this item or that item and place in a preformed/prepaid house count me out.

I'm not familiar with other player housing schemes that folks are referring to, but if this turns out to be some sort of fortress of solitude that can be decorated then it'll be a total failure. I already have a ship where I can be on my own.

Anything short of shared housing where a whole raid could hang out will be a waste of time. By that I mean they all own and can modify it, not visit if owner happens to be there at the time.

If they can't be guild halls and raid group club houses owned collectively by a group it'll be a complete waste of time.

Edited by MarkusBiggus

This is resources and complicated all in one, but here is my point of view. The biggest problem with our ships was to get people on board was a bit of a complicated annoying process. The second problem was we could not bring as many online guild members as we could on board. The third and last problem is most of the stuff on our ships was awesome! This being said we could not interact with most of these objects. Some of this has been mentioned already in this thread.

Now you have also hinted at you want guild capital ships to happen at some point. Now you have this housing idea. I am finding it difficult to understand what your intentions are here?

If you do come out with guild capital ships where a guild can move their ship, and everyone online player from one planet to the next. They are going to want quarters. Quarters they can adjust on board these ships. Now we got player housing a little confusing

If you do do this there must not be a number restriction on how man people you can let into your house. If it is not a phased thing like the ships. I suggest you do what they did with swg. We could add people to a entry list to our buildings. This keeps things simple and no complicated mechanics involving a phase.

The last suggestion is companion gifts. Some of those companion gifts are pretty cool. Like skulls being able to decorate ones place with some of these objects would be fun.

One last thing. Pve players may be wealthy beyond measure via credits. Pvpers get absolutely nadda as far as credits except a tiny reward for a lengthy battle. So what ever credit prices you attach to this keep them small please.