Force Mending - don't heal me now!

Darth_Dreselus

First of all let me start by saying that I absolutely love Force Mend to the extent that I have forgiven BW for taking my 1.5s Deliverance.

I have, however, noticed that with how much it heals me for (4.5k non crit, 8k crit) I will wait to use it to offset my Noble Sacrifice, maybe 2 or 3 of them. As a result I am often in a situation where I will be at the lowest health, while still healing someone thinking to myself "Ok, now Rejuvenate the tank and then Force Mend." I proceed with the plan but unbeknownst to me my partner healer has been casting his big heal on me which lands as soon as I use Force Mend, healing me for 6k+8k with the 8k being 100% overheal. Can't really blame him, after tanks the second healer is your highest priority (cuz who cares about DPS right :D) You might think that this is rare but it has been happening to me constantly at least once per trash pull and multiple times on a boss fight. It has gotten so bad that I am now announcing when I am about to Force Mend and have outright told the other healer not to heal me unless I drop below 60%.

Not really QQing about anything here just pointing out something I found quite funny. What is your experience with FM?

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

Ya as a DPS, I hate seeing raid members with low HP thats looks like one more hit its over. I tend to throw a bubble on them.

As a DPS you should worry about beating enrage and not standing in ****, let the healers deal with health bars, they are much more qualified and (the good ones) think ahead and know how the HP bars will move, provided there aren't any messups, such as DPS standing in **** :D

I get the OPs frustration. I run mostly with a scoundrel healer, and I've taken to using mend every time it is off CD and *immediately* after a NS. I'd prefer to let my health drop below 75% before using it, and have the other healer continue to focus on the tanks, since I'm not healing them for at least 2 GCDs, but it doesn't always work out that way.

If FM is on CD, I'll NS and just continue to heal others, since I am pretty sure the other healer is about to toss a heal my way. As long as the other healer is at full energy and nobody needs more healing than me, we don't worry about it too much about it.

I generally assume that my sage healing partner is going to take care of his own Nobel Sacrifice remuneration. I mean, I'll heal him just like I'll heal anyone else who's taking damage, but generally the tanks are taking more damage than properly-used Nobel Sacrifice can dish out, so there's rarely a conflict. The only time I spend time seriously healing back NS damage is during a lull in the fight (e.g. during Operator IX) when my sage starts topping off his force for later phases. In those cases, I have energy to spare, so I just save him the trouble of healing it himself.

i too tend to use the batch NS with mend, but I don't NS unless I'm close to full. It keeps me from getting so low that it sets alarms off, but pulls health down low enough that I get a big boost from the mend. I don't particularly plan for, or worry about overheal from a crit mend, because its a free cast. I lean much more toward just using the ability on CD.

But I have seen people I'm Pugging with panic when I chain cast my NS because they can't figure out what is happening to my health bar. And i've had DPS heal me. We just have to have a little strategy session before the next pull, that's all.