TORHEAD gone?

Cenyala

Yes, and its time consuming and boring. Honestly one of the worst aspects of the game to me as it makes quest pickup and turn ins take 10x as much time as they should to get the most out of them. On the basic level, its one of those design elements that the developers have failed at - you don't want to have any aspect of your game become a major chore.

And chore it is, when I have a half hour to play, I can't just go turn in or pick up more quests because the time involved is substantial. Makes for slow progress etc.

Its the flaws like this, unaddressed, that have cost SWTOR its potentially large client base.

I think what you are looking for is an arcade. Dave and Busters is that way --->

Or if you prefer..... Chuck e Cheese is <----- that way. :rak_09:

My personal problem with Torhead being gone is that nobody has anywhere near the amount of data on level1-50 items that they had.

I know there are other projects and sites out there but if I want to know where this one obscure item drops from and all of it's stats and if it is bop or boe I am out of luck. Just for example one of my favorite pieces Prototype Adarian Layered Tunic (I know where to get it and so forth) isn't on either tor community nor tor fashion. With the new outfit designer the old disposable gear now has a real use for appearance throughout the game. It's sad that we don't have an easy reference for them anymore.

My personal problem with Torhead being gone is that nobody has anywhere near the amount of data on level1-50 items that they had.

I know there are other projects and sites out there but if I want to know where this one obscure item drops from and all of it's stats and if it is bop or boe I am out of luck. Just for example one of my favorite pieces Prototype Adarian Layered Tunic (I know where to get it and so forth) isn't on either tor community nor tor fashion. With the new outfit designer the old disposable gear now has a real use for appearance throughout the game. It's sad that we don't have an easy reference for them anymore.

Eek. And those projects were mostly dropped because people preferred Torhead too.

It was the best source for min/max for AP loss/gain with comps (if you didn't want to go the Gift way)

Catering to the pack of you is perhaps the worst decision they made.

A) I am not complaining about the voice acting, though I would say given that over function/utility I will take the latter every time. To parallel someone's metaphor above - that's like having a Corvette body with no motor & frame. All fluff and no go.

B) What I am complaining about is that to get the best gains from quest pickup and turn in without the benefit of something like TORhead that shows you the results you wind up spending a lot of otherwise useless time spacebar & escape to divine the correct choices to maximize your path and affection gains. That makes questing tedious, and it does make 30 minute sessions unusable for the purpose. When I do play I have hours, but again its a lot of time that could be more productively and far more enjoyably spent in game. Bad mechanic when it doesn't have an option for guidance.

Amazing to me that a half dozen people failed reading comprehension so abysmally.

If that is your goal, go buy gifts off the curator or get them through the mission crew skills. Seriously, did you only sub to complain about the game?

Maybe you hadn't looked at various guides on the subject. Gifts are recommended up to a certain point then conversation gains as the prior levels obtained from gifts boost the per choice gain amount. Gifts also cost credits, which generally speaking are needed elsewhere.

I subbed to see what had changed in the game, if they had fixed some of the issues that tanked it a few years ago when I first played (from launch). Answer is apparently, not much. Losing a major fan site that had a valuable knowledge base on it didn't help either.

• 4 weeks later...
Well that's very unfortunate - I just started playing again 2 months ago and I enjoy the game tremendously - guess I'll be doing my questing the old-fashioned way :eek: - I'm just very awful with picking the right answers for my companions and Torhead was awesome for that.

Anyway - thank you all for your answers :)

Try Dulfy.net! They keep in touch with content, provide usefull user made guides for gearing/Boss Mechanics/Class-Role Guides.

• 1 month later...

Torhead.com was an awesome resource, and I'm sorry it is gone. There have been messages on that site for a little while regarding low traffic (which is a relative measurement ! ), so I'm not surprised that it did finally shut down. Sometimes we get caught up in the "How does this affect Me" syndrome, so I'd like to say to the author(s) of Torhead - Good Job, thanks for what you provided. Some of us don't realize what an enormous job it is to maintain such a site, not to mention the expense. I don't know if the author(s) will ever see this thank you, but I hope they do.

Now we will move on. :cool:

Oh, and btw, just Google Torhead, you will find references to replacement resources.

This game (and Bioware along with it) has become a joke among "gamers". People have it in their mind that SWTOR has failed hard, and will probably go offline within a year anyway. Thing is, these same people were saying the same thing two and a half years ago. Fansites think it's "cool" to support the games that so-called "gamers" play (usually either indie horror games or moronic copy-and-paste zombie FPS that have ridiculously advanced graphics and an over-the-top gore system), and thus SWTOR is one of the first ones to go off the list. Also, hating EA is the "hip" thing to do nowadays.

^This rings true to me.

• 7 months later...
If nobody has mention swtor-spy...it deserves a mention. Shoddy site, but much of what I search for leads me there. And to those doomsayers...remember how long SWG stayed online? There will always be Star Wars fans.

If nobody has mention swtor-spy...it deserves a mention. Shoddy site, but much of what I search for leads me there. And to those doomsayers...remember how long SWG stayed online? There will always be Star Wars fans.

Wow what necro guy!

Some people don't read the date or its just too difficult.

Some people don't like making good posts or its just to difficult.

Either use the search function for the forums and find a old thread and post in there and get bashed, or make a new thread and be bashed and told to use the search function.

Double edged sword.

Some people don't like making good posts or its just to difficult.

Either use the search function for the forums and find a old thread and post in there and get bashed, or make a new thread and be bashed and told to use the search function.

Double edged sword.

Dunno, they must be afraid the power of necro will come to eat their brains at nght or sumtin ^^'

Here is why we do not have good Data sites.... Anyone around since Closed Beta will know this.....

EAWare refuses to allow datamined data to be disclosed, used, in any manner or form. We in the CB begged for a data export so we may have a site like WoWhead.... got shot down in flames. Like a lot of other stuff back in CB.

The secret to WoWHead's success is that Blizzard essentially welcomes it, and the game gets a huge boost from this endless data available at your finger tips. LAst I heard, WoWHead gets a data stream FROM Blizzard.

This meant that TorHead, and ANY other site attempting to populate their site with data, will have to count on the users and community to populate the site. Yes, manually entering crap. Sorry, but... screw that.

That, is why TorHead died. Simply not enough users manually entering data to keep the site up to date. I'd have said screw it too. IF the game dev's won't support a high value asset like this, well, make up your own minds.

Edited by Rasticles

• 1 month later...

late reply,but i do miss torhead...it was alot more organized then most sites these days and always gave you the right item...

like if i click one of the links from tor fashion...it links me to a totally incorrect item O_O,and even those have barley any usefull info on them

Have you tried torcommunity's database?

You can also drop URL's into https://archive.org to pull up individual pages. That's what I do to check companions likes and dislikes on responses.

I actually have a torhead mirror stored on an external some where. Did give some thought about using the mission data on a new site.

Edited by dr_mike

late reply,but i do miss torhead...it was alot more organized then most sites these days and always gave you the right item...

like if i click one of the links from tor fashion...it links me to a totally incorrect item O_O,and even those have barley any usefull info on them

If you find incorrect information on TORfashion, send in a correction and Exile will get it fixed. The vast majority of her info is correct, which is impressive considering how much changed with 4.0. The more help she gets from the community, the better the site will be. Be part of the solution!

You can also drop URL's into https://archive.org to pull up individual pages. That's what I do to check companions likes and dislikes on responses.

I actually have a torhead mirror stored on an external some where. Did give some thought about using the mission data on a new site.

This site is great, but loading pages can be slow. If your doing class missions, just click the comments section to get the link for the next quest. Also some of the pages may be missing.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150317071758/http://www.torhead.com/

Hope this helps

Edited by Kluckhead