Empire of the Phoenix is hosting a Bounty Hunt!

Phyreblade

As word has spread of the very specific and particular extortion underway against a guilded member of Covenant of the Phoenix, a Bounty has been called out against one of the characters of none other than Ootini!

Players: Anyone with an Imperial character willing to hunt down and take out Ootini’s frightened, running, hiding scruffy-looking nerfherder of a character. (Ootini's in-game character name will be announced at start of Hunt). There's no rule against using low-level characters, although you should be prepared to wage battle against a level 55 toon! Ootini may be running scared but he’s no fool! Choose your Hunter character with care!

Cost: Every Hunter should be prepared to offer an initial entry fee of 500,000 credits in order to participate in the Hunt! Make sure to send in your entries and the name of the character you intend to Hunt with to Khyriel, on the Imperial side.

Where : Ootini will be running somewhere, some planet on the Shadowlands Server. Group of hunters will be formed up on the Imperial Fleet, to start with.

When: Friday, 22 August. Hunt will commence at 8:00pm EST, but initial group invites will start 7:30pm EST so start gathering up on Fleet beforehand.

Why: Because Ootini deserves it, duh! And we're going to have fun!

The plan: We will gather together as many Imperial hunters as we possibly can, starting on the Imperial Fleet. Mumble access is encouraged, although not required. Ootini has been moving fast across the galaxy but he’s left plenty of hints behind describing his movements.

Initial starting clue will be given on the Fleet, in group chat. Rumors indicate Ootini has managed to flee across no less than 5 separate worlds, somewhere on the Shadowlands Server. Hunters will have to move quickly to catch up, using clues found on each world along the way.

Ootini’s made contact with several wary targets, who can provide additional clues on each world. Contact with those particular targets will net clues for direction to the next world. Hunters must touch base with each contact on each world in order to receive their clue and continue to progress.

First Hunter to locate Ootini and formally defeat him, will win the Prize!

Warning: All Hunt participants must be pvp-flagged throughout the Hunt. If only to take down Ootini, when he’s finally located. No one will be directed by the Hunt Master to impede the Hunters. But no one will stop random attacks from ignorant passerby, either. Be prepared to fight to the finish line!

Prize: 2 million credits to the character who locates and takes down Ootini first!

So why would you want to do this: Because there's a huge friggin’ pot of credits to be won! And fun galore! And bragging rights! Oh, and fun! Did I say that already?

The basic rules:

Any level character is eligible.

No restrictions on use of speeders or speed-increase abilities.

Hunters must be flagged for PVP at all times.

Hunters must stop to receive clue from each Target on each one of the Target Worlds or be disqualified.

Any Hunter who cheats by advising non-Hunt participants to attack other Hunters will be disqualified.

Sign up: Send entry fee of 500,000 credits and the name of the character you intend to Hunt with to Khyriel in-game, on the Imperial side.

Disclaimer: Ootini is a guilded member of Covenant of the Phoenix and has agreed to support this event by being a target. This event is designed for fun and games purposes for all those who wish to participate, only.

Edited by Phyreblade

Let us suppose more than 4 hunters sign up for the hunt at 500k, then where do all the extra credits go? Say 30 hunters sign up and submit their 500K...where does the surplus of 13 mil go after the 2 mil payout? Sounds like a money making scheme to rip people off if you ask me.

Usually the larger the pot the bigger the payout right? After all if this is even remotely fair and not some inside joke, then with more hunters means more competition and challenge. Let me guess they will be hiding in a pvp area so hunters cannot use their companions etc right?

I like the idea for fun, but seems like the joke is on any participants...while you all laugh all the way to the bank.

Let us suppose more than 4 hunters sign up for the hunt at 500k, then where do all the extra credits go? Say 30 hunters sign up and submit their 500K...where does the surplus of 13 mil go after the 2 mil payout? Sounds like a money making scheme to rip people off if you ask me.

Usually the larger the pot the bigger the payout right? After all if this is even remotely fair and not some inside joke, then with more hunters means more competition and challenge. Let me guess they will be hiding in a pvp area so hunters cannot use their companions etc right?

I like the idea for fun, but seems like the joke is on any participants...while you all laugh all the way to the bank.

It's quite obviously a "fundraising effort" to support the addition of varied decks and rooms and decor on board the guild ship that <Empire of the Phoenix> will be launching once Strongholds is released. It's basically a scavenger hunt labeled "Bounty Hunt" that spans five separate planets. Should be rather fun, like our past server-wide events have been, too. We try to welcome new content to the game with such "games" and events, anyway.

And, no. Ootini will not be "hiding" somewhere impossible to find. Many of our hunters will be fellow guild-members, after all. We simply don't want them to have an unfair advantage, given they could potentially "locate" him by simply checking their "guild" or "friends" pages. Hence, we required the target be opposite faction, is all.

Someone familiar enough with the game to navigate quickly through the various clues, yes -- that lucky hunter will nab a rather substantial payout.

Not sure we'd manage to persist on the server if we made some habit of abusing our neighboring guilds, mind you. Check out my videos for some of our past events, if it helps:

Edited by Phyreblade

Okay, well I am sorry to hear you are not capable of buying your own stuff and must rely on others to finance your ship(s). I do not approve of your methods, but whatever floats your boat {or ships lol}. I hope your event is a success. I do sincerely apologize if my tone was less than friendly, but I am suspicious by nature. Lol if we contribute do we get our name on a deck plate...or maybe have a wing named after us lol?

Okay, well I am sorry to hear you are not capable of buying your own stuff and must rely on others to finance your ship(s). I do not approve of your methods, but whatever floats your boat {or ships lol}. I hope your event is a success. I do sincerely apologize if my tone was less than friendly, but I am suspicious by nature. Lol if we contribute do we get our name on a deck plate...or maybe have a wing named after us lol?

LOL ... how do YOU gather funds enough to purchase the best and brightest items for your in-game characters? Do you craft items for sale, maybe? Is that not "asking others to finance you"?

This is fun event, with the potential for rewards for the winner. Regardless, the guild ship will be launched. Whether you'd like to run along and maybe win 2 million credits, is totally up to you.

Doing dailies alone will net you around 200k / hour. (Low end)

Dailies + gathering missions = 300/400k / hour

500k is quite an entrance fee. Good luck though.

Using your logic, you can run dailies through only Black Hole and Section X with 2 characters alone, and net the entrance fee that could win you a total 2 million credits.

Hardly even a drop in the bucket, with the potential for a substantial return.

And it's fun, even if you don't win.

But no one's saying you have to play with us, nope.

I was at the last event you guys hosted (Speeder Race) and we had a BLAST. There was no entrance fee, CotP organized everything AND gave away some nice prizes. I don't see anything wrong with organizing an event such as this to raise credits for their guildship effort. I know there's another guild doing a "lottery" of sorts. All of us are trying to be creative rather than grind out credits thru running dailies.

This sounds like a very fun event. Although, I do feel that the buy-in is a bit steep, but that's just my opinion. It may be tough to get the participation numbers since many people are doing the same right now - trying to save/raise credits for their own guildships (myself included). With that being said, unfortunately I will most likely not be able to spend that much to enter at the moment, as much as I would love to.

I really hope you guys have great participation numbers. I would love to see this video! It sounds like a very fun event and I love the way you make your announcements! They always make me chuckle. :D

LOL ... how do YOU gather funds enough to purchase the best and brightest items for your in-game characters? Do you craft items for sale, maybe? Is that not "asking others to finance you"?

This is fun event, with the potential for rewards for the winner. Regardless, the guild ship will be launched. Whether you'd like to run along and maybe win 2 million credits, is totally up to you.

Your idea and mine differ on what is fun. Were I to do a social event I would do so because I wanted to make others happy. Not offer some contrived BS and charge ridiculous entrance fees. If people are stupid enough {aside from your own guildies of course} to pay for your ships, then that is on them. Perhaps if you set an event and made donations optional it would look less pathetic.

As to how I make money {as if I need anymore} is not your concern, but at least I know I did it myself. There is a big difference though in offering a product and setting a price than begging for credits with a lackluster event that is probably fixed anyhow. But I suppose the honor system will have to suffice eh? I will take your word for it lol.

Another difference between us is I keep a low profile in the game, but most certainly predate your fledgling guild (s)...and in all probability will be here when you are disbanded. I have also never asked for free money from anyone. Yes free....as your "event" is hardly worth a single credit, yet you are asking for a ridiculous profit in total.

You live with the fact that your guild(s) were not capable of buying their own ships. Those that can, have my respect. Again my issue is not with your event...just that I do not approve {albeit legal} of your methods. You could probably run 20 of these and not have as much credits as I...and I am not even in a guild, nor have I ever been...I have just been collecting credits since day one of Early Access.

To be fair you are not alone....seems a lot are indeed so sad that they have to do similar "events" as their own guilds are not capable of paying for their own ships. I suppose you could not care less, but I am annoyed for you that your ships will never truly be your own. It will be forever remembered that you had to raise funds to get it....and as such means less. But that is me. I would have a hard time knowing I was not able to do it myself.

While it is true that none of use are islands unto ourselves, this is just ridiculous in my opinion. At least those spamming on fleet offer an immediate utility for credits. But hey enjoy your donations....what does losing my respect matter anyhow? Your money making scheme just rubs me wrong...just one players opinion.

While I understand you may disagree with us having a "fundraising event" I am wondering why you feel you need to disclose what seems to be your extreme distaste in something that we are looking forward to be another enjoyable event we hold.

I would like to clarify a couple misconceptions you have made. We are a part of a much larger multi-gaming guild, and have been organized before the early access date, and will be here until servers shut down, should BioWare/EA continue to make the game available for us to play. You obviously have no knowledge about us, and I find it laughable you think we are a fledgling guild(s).

We are in fact a reasonably large active guild in SWTOR that has events of some sort every day of the week. We regularly have massive guild parties in which we give away millions of credits and more prizes in the form of in game items to our members, to which we have a very positive turnout. Between our multiple guild banks, we certainly have more than enough to purchase our guild ships at release, not including the hundreds of millions, perhaps even a billion, credits our membership as a whole holds.

We elected to open up this event to the Shadowlands community to involve more interested people. We really enjoy the events we hold and thought perhaps others could as well. We have had several events where players outside of our guild have participated and received positive feedback there.

It seems you claim to have millions upon millions of credits, yet appear to think that 500k is a ridiculous entry fee, which seems to be pocket change, and can be made in only a couple hours as stated above, to someone of such financial wealth. You are obviously missing the point of the fun that is to be had at an event such as a server wide Bounty Hunt., as you do not seem to participate in such things. If you would rather sit on your pile of credits or find a better use for them, that is up to you as they are to do with as you please. We are certainly not begging anyone to give us credits.

I truly feel sorry for you that you do not have a guild (nor interest) to play with, as many of our members will state having such an active environment to play in is really what makes playing this game so enjoyable, whether content is stale or not, as we can make content ourselves.

I would even go as far as extending an invitation to come check us out and see truly what we are about. We accomodate all types of players and have something for everyone. Just click the links in my signature.

Ah, and I was so much in a good mood after watching various trailers from Gamescom today, too. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm not sure you and I are going to actually agree on the logic behind what it takes to acquire in-game funds for a guild. Since we're making an effort to coordinate the event, we didn't think asking an entry fee that would go towards the announced prize and/or recoup expenses after the release of 2.9 was completely beyond the pale, anyway. There's certainly no obligation to participate, mind you.

The rest of us will be having fun! I'll even post a video to highlight the best parts!

If you're interested in learning more about our guild, feel free to consider my videos, links to our guild forums, and/or talk in-game to any one of our members or officers at any time. We're certainly not hard to find, hehe. That, and we're keen on having fun and providing our members support in any game adventure they're focused on, from casual and more hardcore operations runs to weekly guild night events to pvp confrontations galore!

Thanks for your interest in our upcoming Bounty Hunt event, and good luck in all your in-game adventures! Hope to see you around!

Edited by Phyreblade

So what if it's a money-raising entertainment event...

What is a concert? A money raising entertainment event.

What is a movie? A money raising entertainment event.

What is a play? Do you sense a theme here?

Maybe having an interactive event is somehow different?

What is a murder mystery weekend?

What is a LARP?

The long and short of it - it's an event that sounds like fun. If it were at a better time (because my kids are in bed at 9, until then I my time is their time), I would be there. To me, it's worth the money because if I equate it to what I'd pay IRL for something, vs the time I have to work to earn it, it's chump change. Even with the sub fee, it's chump change.

With all due respect, (now that you have your guild ship), you might want to lower your entry fee and ensure that all winners come from outside the guild.

The event was originally designed for our guild members, rather. We opened it up to non-guild members, yes. But I wouldn't feel comfortable denying guildies the chance to participate, actually. Thanks for your interest!

The event was originally designed for our guild members, rather. We opened it up to non-guild members, yes. But I wouldn't feel comfortable denying guildies the chance to participate, actually. Thanks for your interest!

Good luck with it guys, don't see the prob with the fee esp when ppl have been asking for bounties on players and here is a guild willing to organize it fee or not. But not everyone will agree on everything so blehh