Official Q&A Thread for August 3rd Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

Why do all campaign smuggler pistols contain Patron barrels and campaign agent rifles contain Skill barrels? This makes it nearly impossible to get the other faction's barrel unless someone on the other faction is able to craft that barrel and sell it on the GTN. This also means all moddable smuggler campaign weapons have less cunning than the equivalent agent weapon. Edited by UCruzader

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like some way to follow development of new content and bugfixes a bit more.

would it be possible to make a weekly post on what development have been working on the last week, even if it´s only bugfixes. Even if it´s just working on it and no where near ready to go live.

Why is the XP penalty as extreme as it is, when you are leveling with someone and one of you is only a single level higher than the other one.

I understand, that it has to be there, to keep high level chars from pulling someone from zero to fifty in only a single day, but is it is, it makes it impossible to level together, because the "smaller" one will never be able to catch up.

Some QoL market questions:

Any updates coming to the market? Examples:

1. People have scroll wheels on their mouse. Don't let us click through 14 pages on the market when you've already looked up the information. Give us a scroll bar. It's not rocket science!

2. List the Price per unit when some people sell 1 item, and others sell 99 of them. Give us an option to sort. You know, like most tables give you a little arrow. You can do this in the guild list - we can sort people according to level, last on etc. It's not rocket science!

3. Give us - at least - an option to see the average price (sold) per day or week. Even old dinosaurs like [most 5+ year old MMO] can do that. Again... It's not rocket science. :D

As a long time Fan of Bioware Games, and even longer fan of Star Wars, and a follower of Tor since 2006.

Will there be a time when Bioware speaks to the concerns of the community, about the recent in house issues, on how that will effect us the paying customer. I understand this is a delicate issue, I am fan of the game and, I have been though things like this in other games.

I am not looking for details, just would like to know what so many others are asking for as far as development future content and features go.

I am good with vague answer better than nothing.

Thank you.

Please could you give a hint as to whether we might eventually see an in-game method to change aspects of character appearance after creation, maybe something a bit like LotRO's "barbers" where you essentially pay in-game currency to adjust the slider settings? For high level characters in particular it would be really great to be able to tweak aspects of how they look, either permanently or for short-term RP purposes, without having to consider re-levelling!

Many thanks!

Will we ever have a customization slot for our companions that redefines their role?

Every class has some amazing companions that are fun to use and take along with us during our adventures. However, due to the mechanics of the game we are often restricted to, or from, certain companions. While I completely understand the reasoning behind the companion system and their designed roles, this same system severely limits our selection based on our chosen Class/Role.

For example, my Bounty Hunter tank will never have any use for Blizz. The little tyke is an absolute blast to have with me, but because I am a tank myself, I have no use what so ever for another tank companion. As a result, Blizz is reduced to nothing more than an icon in my Crew Skills window. My wife, who plays a Bounty Hunter healer, will never get to take Mako with her when she plays.

While it is possible, to a very limited extent, to turn off Blizz's tanking/hate-holding abilities and equip them in DPS gear, he is still reduced to basic blaster attacks with his single remaining attack ability tossed in every so often. He becomes completely ineffective when compared to Gault. At which point I should simply take Gault with me instead, which puts me right back to my original point.

This option becomes completely unavailable to me if I want to play any of my other companions but have a game-mechanic need for my healer. No amount of equipment or ability-toggling will make Torian into a healer. So once again, my entire crew stays on the ship as I am forced to bring Mako along because I need a healer.

Now, as I stated before, I understand the reasoning and logic behind the companion system and the related game mechanics. I also have no desire, truthfully enough, to change this. But I do have a suggestion that might help. Once we complete any combination of the options listed below, we would unlock the option for Companion Role changes.

-Completely Chapter 3

-Max affection for specific companion

-Legacy level (with an affordable credit cost, for the love of Jawas!)

This then allows us to purchase a Companion Customization item, much like our current companion appearance kits, that fit into a new slot in their equipment page. There would be five, one for each of the current companion roles.

We have some amazing companions, full of well-written life and character. It is a shame that we are unable to fully enjoy all the hard work and talented effort put in by the design team simply because we are forced to satisfy the demands of game mechanics.

Since empty orange-named armor pieces (customizable armors with no modification parts) have no benefits/stats, what was the reasoning behind giving them minimum levels? For example, the schematics for certain empty orange-named armors show a minimum level still, or the empty PvP armor schematics we can purchase that have a minimum level of 50. Their stats are wholly dependent on the mods we put into them, so why do they have their own min level?

I would like to know what SWTOR has planned to stop those using " CLIENT SIDE HACKS/ CHEATS " in pvp war zones?

As of now people report the character names we know or suspect of cheating and we give clear examples of how such an such person/s were cheating. However the game begins to get frustrating when you see the same people you reported over an over doing the same thing on invincible mode,,,

Additional Damage Cheats - Healing Cheats - Unlimited Stun Breaks - Speed Boost --- What can be done to prevent this in the future?

My main interest is in how to get purple color crystals in the CURRENT game, but I think we would ALL appreciate at least hints, if not clear instructions, on how both factions can get rare color gems. I understand part of the reason is that there's a certain level of discovery that is valuable in the game, but I can't find reliable information anywhere on-line about how to get rare color crystals in the current version of the game.

The question is this: What rare color crystals are available by which means?

OR

Could you provide a list of what crystal colors and schematics are available to Rep and Imp, respectively, via crafting, World drops, Raids, Flashpoints, & PvP.

Thank you and keep up the great work on the game.

Some of the Rare crystals can be purchased through Pvp vendors, others can be found in Illum by defeating a certain boss, but you would still need water vapor and a few other things as I am told. The White Lightsaber crystal can not be created anymore from my understanding but you can create purple still.

I'd mostly like to know if you guys have any plans or are currently working on giving us the ability to select which WZs we queue up for. I'm sure I'm not the only one that hates or is sick to death of a perticular WZ and would prefer avoidance over ditching a match which could give the other players a bad start that they may never recover from.

If you don't mind the asking, I'm also curious as to what you've guys been up to lately. Honestly, it doesn't seems like you guys have been around as much and have went from being vague, to sllence. Considering the money we are investing in the game, I don't feel it's too much to ask that you guys make some sort of effort to communicate with us. I would love to know what's going on and what we have to look forward to especially since a little advanced notice lets us give you guys feed back well before any new content.

Given that the Star wars universe is one of extreme diversity and Bioware has made a significant commitment to representing the Star wars IP faithfully, why is Bioware so reluctant to include diversity in species?