Is Revan overrated?

Tekkoclarky

I will always think of MY Revan as a lazy schmuck who just really didn't want to get out of bed that day when all those lasers were blasting his ship. He would squeeze in nap time here and Force choked anyone who stood between him and said nap time. He was a smart ***, talked back to everyone, and spoke to his masters with his fingers crossed. He only turned Light side at the end with promises of finally being able to score. When all the confetti and fireworks were going off when the day was saved, he was looking for the nearest hiding place to be left alone. That's how MY Revan's arc was, so I would say he was very overrated. :cool:

So Not My Problem. KotOR Fanfic featuring a Revan that just wants to stay alive and get with Bastila, in that order.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
This.

Revan's only attraction is how 'uber' he was meant to be, but when you clean off all the layers of praise and actually look at his canonical feats and prowess, he's nothing more than a puppet to many people.

He is a poorly written gary-stu that is heavily over-exaggerated.

Meetra did all the real work anyway.

what did he ever do to you!?!?

The Exile is like batman's Utility belt no matter who she faces her condition allows her to miraculously win.

and as much as they don't like to believe revan is why the Exile won, She would never had saved Ondaron nor gotten to Nihlluis without Candrous who would never had been Mandalore without revan handing him the mask.

She wouldnt have gained her Special Ability without revans war and the events at Machalore V

Edited by darthkargtor

The Exile is like batman's Utility belt no matter who she faces her condition allows her to miraculously win.

and as much as they don't like to believe revan is why the Exile won, She would never had saved Ondaron nor gotten to Nihlluis without Candrous who would never had been Mandalore without revan handing him the mask.

She wouldnt have gained her Special Ability without revans war and the events at Machalore V

If you want to play the who's responsible card, Vitiate put all of that in mention and Kreia was the one who gave Revan or whatever his actual name was, the mindset that he went to war with.

I think Revan is overrated. He did extraordinary things in his time, but the people who think that he can tangle with heavy hitters like Mace Windu and Count Dooku have put him up on a pedestal. Revan could never, and I mean NEVER hold his own against the likes of Mace Windu or Kenobi.

As much as I LOVED this thread. And I mean I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it for shutting down all the Revan fanboys.....

there is no need to expand on this. 90% of the site finally understand how horribly overrated Revan is, and this is mostly because Drew destroyed his character AND wrote a cliche' story around him to begin with.

Yeah I never really understood all this Revan fan boy garbage. How many times did you die before you finished the game? You can't add Revan to a list of other SW characters when you are the one playing Revan in a video game. If you can.. then why not just add every single character in SWTOR... you just cant. The guy that has no girlfriend, lives in his mom's basement, and eats pizza and sucks down mountain dew every day just wants to be someone special for once in his life..and Revan was the key,it's sad really. The Revan craze is nothing more than people with low self self-esteem,living vicariously through through a video game character. Sad indeed.

Yeah I never really understood all this Revan fan boy garbage. How many times did you die before you finished the game? You can't add Revan to a list of other SW characters when you are the one playing Revan in a video game. If you can.. then why not just add every single character in SWTOR... you just cant. The guy that has no girlfriend, lives in his mom's basement, and eats pizza and sucks down mountain dew every day just wants to be someone special for once in his life..and Revan was the key,it's sad really. The Revan craze is nothing more than people with low self self-esteem,living vicariously through through a video game character. Sad indeed.

Although ill admit some of the revan fans make him out to be a god ensuring his overrated the blame falls on those who enjoy bashing everything to do with him much like Justin beaber the most common reason for revan being known is due to revan bashers and haters.

To me revans simply a Jedi turned sith who won a war-to alot of people he is the devil as it would seem with more reasons then there are sins,the same can be said to the Exile fans, then their are the Lucas Lorebies who will crush anyone opinion and view beacuse it deviates from the majority.

as its commonly known its Hip to hate

Revan was both Jedi Master and Sith Lord, he broke Bastilla in ways Malek could only dream of and had a great beard.

Could be worse...

But only two Jedi could be One With The Beard. Obi-Wan, and Kyle. :D

Revan is a bit like Kyle.... on a bad Beard day. But since Kyle doesn't have bad Beard days, Revan is just Revan. I think Kreia said it best.... "Revan was... power. It was like staring into a pale reflection of Kyle Katarn." :p

I'm cool with people thinking what they want to think, but I just have to put here what my inner child suddenly screamed upon seeing the title of the thread: NO WHAT YOU REVAN IS SO AWESUM AND COOL AND KICKS *** >:/

... okay done :)

I just finished reading the books and like always once a MMO comes out people just get more and more powerful.

SPOILERS!

SWTOR2 made the Exile out to be more powerful than Revan was, he/she killed everyone! Defeated the last jedi masters, and all 3 sith lords. And yet, the exile was killed by Lord Scourge who is the "Hero of Tython's" companion. The Hero of Tython then kills Angral mid story. If you read any of the SWTOR comics and the Malgus books you knew that Angral was more powerful than Malgus and higher ranking too. He was not as powerful as Baras though (course your sith warrior ends up killing Baras) And in the end the Jedi Knight in SWTOR even kills the emperor himself thus ending the war. The Jedi Knight's story IMO is the closest thing you guys are going to get to KOTOR3. So all this information yes Revan and the Exile are overrated they where powerful but when SWTOR came out people of even greater strength did too. Probably to date the Hero of Tython is the most powerful being in the universe. Emperor Vitiate was the most powerful being in the old republic series, a protege of Marka Ragnos and was single handedly defeated by the Jedi Knight.

So basically in terms of power:

Revan > Malak

Exile > Atris, Nihlius, Sion, Traya

Scourge > Exile

Emperor> Scourge (and pretty much everyone else, Angral, Baras, Malgus)

Jedi Knight (Hero of Tython) > Emperor

Based on these rankings, we can assume that the Sith Warrior story wise probably would not be as powerful as the Jedi Knight because he only beat Baras. In my opinion I think Angral should have been the Knight's end boss. I mean ending the Emperor himself pretty much ends the SWTOR game right. Empire defeated because hey, the emperor is dead! Keeping the Emperor alive and well would have kept the SWTOR series going for a little longer. Built up to a massive 40 man raid or something.

Edited by Sir_Chris

I just finished reading the books and like always once a MMO comes out people just get more and more powerful.

SPOILERS!

SWTOR2 made the Exile out to be more powerful than Revan was, he/she killed everyone! Defeated the last jedi masters, and all 3 sith lords. And yet, the exile was killed by Lord Scourge who is the "Hero of Tython's" companion. The Hero of Tython then kills Angral mid story. If you read any of the SWTOR comics and the Malgus books you knew that Angral was more powerful than Malgus and higher ranking too. He was not as powerful as Baras though (course your sith warrior ends up killing Baras) And in the end the Jedi Knight in SWTOR even kills the emperor himself thus ending the war. The Jedi Knight's story IMO is the closest thing you guys are going to get to KOTOR3. So all this information yes Revan and the Exile are overrated they where powerful but when SWTOR came out people of even greater strength did too. Probably to date the Hero of Tython is the most powerful being in the universe. Emperor Vitiate was the most powerful being in the old republic series, a protege of Marka Ragnos and was single handedly defeated by the Jedi Knight.

So basically in terms of power:

Revan > Malak

Exile > Atris, Nihlius, Sion, Traya

Scourge > Exile

Emperor> Scourge (and pretty much everyone else, Angral, Baras, Malgus)

Jedi Knight (Hero of Tython) > Emperor

Based on these rankings, we can assume that the Sith Warrior story wise probably would not be as powerful as the Jedi Knight because he only beat Baras. In my opinion I think Angral should have been the Knight's end boss. I mean ending the Emperor himself pretty much ends the SWTOR game right. Empire defeated because hey, the emperor is dead! Keeping the Emperor alive and well would have kept the SWTOR series going for a little longer. Built up to a massive 40 man raid or something.

Actually she never killed the last Jedi Masters, Kreia did.

And yes the Exile's assault on Malachor V is impressive but their is a difference, Karpyshyn pretty clearly didn't care much for making her part in the story anything more than to be the sacrificial lamb.

Also Scourge only kills the Exile by stabbing her in the back, whether he could take her in a fight is an entirely different question.

And to be over-rated a character has to be lauded far above their canonical prowess and furthermore the prowess of characters has always increased the farther ahead of the timeline you go.