question about the books

Keellz

I would definitely recommend the Darth Bane trilogy. First Star Wars books ive ever read, but also the first books ive read in a long time, and through reading these and enjoying them immensely, ive found myself looking for more books to read.

You can buy these books and many other Star Wars books on amazon, and im sure all the other big internet selling sites.

Edited by Hanzigh

The Old Republic: Revan is a MUST READ if your into the books and playing SWTOR. The book ties in amazingly with the Jedi Knight story. It was kinda funny I was playing my Jedi Knight and reading the book and i finished the book then later that day finished Act 2. Without going into it those of you that have played a JK knows what happens there, I had such a better understanding of the goings on in my story because of the book. It was a very unique experience to have the book and the game synch so well like that.... Edited by Riotus

Recommend Shadows of the Empire, I, Jedi, The Courtship of Princess Leia, Vector Prime, Heir to the Empire (starts a trilogy)

None of the Star Wars books are really 'great literature' - most are just north of the 'young adult' caliber of reading, however they're amusing for a day or two. The above books are good enough to warrant a second read.

They do follow an order, they do reference each other, but they all give a good enough picture of where in the timeline they occur, and they sum up anything you need to know, so go ahead and read them in any order.

Where can I find info/purchase some star wars novels? Any advice on some goose reads?

youd first have to identify which time period you enjoy most. then which characters. that way you will enjoy your first read and maybe learn about a new charcater. then youll find books on that character learning about another character or plot point and the cycle will continue

I am also interested in reading some of the Star Wars books.

Do they go in any sort of order or are they all separate mini series?

There's definitely an overall chronological order to the books. But yes, within the overall series there are several mini series such as the Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn (very awesome, highly recommend), the Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin J Anderson, the New Jedi Order by various authors, etc.

You should be able to find a good chronological list of the books online, probably on wookieepedia if you're interested in reading them in that sort of order.

Fair warning, some of the books are amazing. Some are really really bad.

The Heir to the Empire triology by Timothy Zahn was really good. The series practally jumpstarted the whole EU.

Currently working on the Republic Commando series now.

These plust the X-Wing novels and I, Jedi.

The rest are at your own risk.