Maelstrom Prison - TH-15A Medic Commando Body Armor for Vanguard?

Ok, so I have a vanguard lvl 42, and I'm set on getting the TH-15A Medic Commando Body Armor for him because it looks good. However, the chestpiece is a commando armor... And since I'm a vanguard, it's a problem.

I've done the Maelstrom Prison flashpoint 20 times now (yes, I've counted), and the armor has only dropped 2 times, and both times someone else has rolled and gotten it. Getting pretty sick of doing the flashpoint over and over...

So my question is this: Will the armor be able to drop if I solo the flashpoint when I'm lvl 50 or must there be a commando in my group for it to drop? I've read different things about drop-chases, some saying that the items are defined by base-class and some by advanced-class.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me an answer... Either I'm going back to doing the flashpoint with random groups, or I'm waiting until I get to lvl 50 and solo it.

Yes, if you were to run it solo on your Vanguard, it will drop. I'm not sure if it will drop the first time since I'm not sure of its rarity, but it will definitely have a chance to drop.

Flashpoint drops are based off of your base class, in your case, Trooper. It has nothing to do with advanced classes. The name of the chest piece your looking for is just a name. It has no ties to being a Commando only piece or drop.

On a related note, does anyone have any idea about at what level it would be possible to start solo:ing Maelstrom prison? The quest is like lvl 37-38, so maybe with a healing companion you could start at lvl 43-45 or something?

I have to bump this again. I've now solo:ed the flashpoint 6 times since hitting lvl 45, and not only have I not gotten the armor that I want, a certain pair of boots have dropped 6 times, and some lightsabers have dropped on the last boss at least twice.

Does anyone have any idea what percent drop-chance the TH-15A Medic Commando Body Armor has? It seems alot more uncommon than the other items in the flashpoint.

I'll probably keep solo:ing it until I get the armor, but it would be nice to know how likely I am to get it. Maelstrom Prison is a very long flashpoint, even if you can avoid most of the mobs and bosses. Why we can't use our speeders in that particular flashpoint I'll never understand.

• 2 years later...
Ok, so I have a vanguard lvl 42, and I'm set on getting the TH-15A Medic Commando Body Armor for him because it looks good. However, the chestpiece is a commando armor... And since I'm a vanguard, it's a problem.

Out-level the FP then go back in and farm the FP until the piece drops. That's what I did for my commando and it took some patience to get. Total, I probably ran the FP solo 7-8 times. Your class isn't guaranteed to drop either, especially on the SM FPs.