Chakras SW:TOR Storyline Videos.

OddballEasyEight

I'M BACK BABY!

I will be doing a complete reboot of my storylines. New characters, new backgrounds and completely new videos.

Som of my favourite concepts will be kept (like the mandalorian force wielder) but with new characters.

I will also concentrate on a few characters as opposed to many (i had around 16 characters last time).

This will hopefully help me keep a better pace of video releases.

My old videos have been deleted from youtube and the links provided here will not work any more.

I will star a new thread when I have finished the prep. work.

Link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=691486

I have started recording the storyline for all my Alts.

I'll be uploading the videos as often as i can, but in a month or so it will be more often since my internet connection will be better after i move.

Right now i have playlists for 8 Characters, but i will add 4 more i think. I will update this page as i upload more characters.

Just click on the name of the character to see the videos.

EDIT: I have decided to turn off music in all my videos. I have been getting alot of copyright claims and sooner or later i suspect one of the videos might be removed if i dont start recording without music.

I will put music back on for the scenes that really need it, like the end scene on the imperial side of makeb, but for the most part it will be off.

Sorry guys :(

Calhoone - Trooper.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/171/1/7/calhooneportrait1_by_chakra_kusanagi-d69vvjp.jpg

Growing up on Mirial, Calhoone never felt she fit in with the rest of her peers. She was never religious and never took things as seriously as some of her friends. Craving action and adventure she joined the Republic Military. Having lost several family members to the Sith cruelty during the Jedi Civil War, she had a strong hatred for the Sith Empire and alghough she disliked the slow and complex structure of its government she was a loyal supporter of the Republic. Having proven herself on the battlefield more than once she was hand picked for transfer to Havoc Squad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emirala - Imperial Agent

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/171/e/f/emiralaportrait1_by_chakra_kusanagi-d69vvx6.jpg

The daughter of an Admiral, she was orphaned when her mother and father were killed during a rebellion by a rogue sith on a planet in the Svolten system. As an orphan she was inducted into the Imperial Intelligence for training as a field agent. She excellled at her training and quickly gained the eye of keeper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kazius - Forcewielding Mandalorian (Sith Warrior)

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/171/c/6/kaziusportrait2_by_chakra_kusanagi-d69vw3r.jpg

Born a Mandalorian of Clan Jendri on the planet Shogun, Kazius soon found that he could manipulate the force and predict enemies attacks. His clan decided to send him off to the sith to recieve training in the ways of the force.

Chanze - Smuggler.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/171/9/a/chanzeportrait1_by_chakra_kusanagi-d69vvpe.jpg

Born an orphan on the lower levels of Coruscant, Chanze found that she had an affinity for mechanical things at an early age. Eeking out a living as a mechanic by day and a small time thief by night, she managed to scrape together enough of a reputation to take on as a mechanic on a small tramp freighter. The captain of the ship decided that he wanted more than a mechanic, so he tried to force himself on the then 15-year old Chanze.

That was his last mistake. Chance shot him in the gut with a hold-out blaster and then sent the still living captain out the airlock. But only after she forced him to sign off the deed for the ship to her.

Yasmil - Jedi Consular

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/171/4/c/yasmilportrait1_by_chakra_kusanagi-d69vwiv.jpg

Born the daughter of a Noble on Talus, Yasmil was found to be strong in the Force and sent off to train as a Jedi. During her training she showed a keen interest in studying the history and traditions of the Jedi. Although she excelled in combat training, she spent most of her time in the libraries. Master Yuon Par soon heard of Yasmil and requested her as a padawan. Soon after Yasmil traveled to Tython to start her training under Master Yuons tutelage.

Kr'ishha - Jedi Knight

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/171/4/3/kr_rishhaportrait1_by_chakra_kusanagi-d69vw6m.jpg

Born on Cathar, Kr'rishha showed talent for the force at a very early age. Kr'rishhas family had a long line of proud warriors so they were very honored to send her away for jedi training. During her time as a youngling she showed excellence in all manner of combat, but was considered a wild child. She often got into fights with other younglings and lacked the patience her teachers tried to instill in her. Despite this she was sent to Tython for further training in the hopes that she would one day become a great Jedi.

Karin'ya - Bounty Hunter

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/171/3/9/karin_yaportrait1_by_chakra_kusanagi-d69vw0q.jpg

Sold into the sex trade at an early age, Karin'ya quickly learnt the low value of life on Nar Shaddaa. One day the brothel madam sold Karin'ya to a customer who wanted that "special" experience. Unfortunately for him, Karin'ya fought back. She managed to escape, but not before he burned half her face with acid. She took up the life of a criminal. At first she merely robbed and killed people, but soon she joined up with different gangs to work as muscle for the low-level crime bosses. It didnt take long for her to make a name for herself as a cruel and vicious cold-blooded mercenary. When she decided that a career as a bounty hunter could be profitable she caught the eye of Braden, who decided to team up with her despite her vicious reputation.

Riss'ha - Sith Inquisitor

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/171/1/0/riss_haportrait1_by_chakra_kusanagi-d69vwg7.jpg

Riss'has parents were the rulers of one of the Cathar colony worlds. She grew up in luxury, but all that was changed when Pirates raided the colony and killed her parents. Most of the children were taken as slaves and sold. Riss'ha was bought by a Sith who felt her connection to the force. At first she was put to work as a simple slavegirl in the household. But her master kept punishing her for the slightest mistake, and sometimes for no reason at all. Finally, one day, she reached out with the force to fight back. Of course she did no damage, but her master had finally succeded in awakening her talents. The Sith made her fight other slaves for sport and taught her to use the force as a weapon. When the rules for admission were changed, he promptly sent her off to Korriban to become a Sith. Or die trying.

Nehdis - Jedi Knight.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/171/d/1/nehdisportrait1_by_chakra_kusanagi-d69vwde.jpg

The son of a Lord in a Noble family originally from Taris, Nehdis grew up on Coruscant in a lifestyle of wealth and opulance. Although he was force sensetive, it was not discovered until he was almost into his teens. His family felt that it was an enormous prestige to have a Jedi in the family so they spent a fortune convincing the Jedi to accept him for training despite his age. He recieved his first years of training on Corellia where he was found lacking in dicipline and humility. Due to his familys "insistance" though, he was still sent to Tython for further training with the hopes that the Masters on Tython would help him become a more gentle and spiritual Jedi.

Baphometi - Sith Warrior.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/171/f/4/baphometiportrait1jpg_by_chakra_kusanagi-d69vvf9.jpg

Taken from her family as a very small child by a Sith Lord, Baphometi was forced to fight other force sensetive children to the death in order for her to become the ultimate Sith Warrior. Growing up she learnt that compassion was a weekness. She learnt never to let an opponent live. Give no mercy and expect no mercy. She grew to hate her master, and she learnt how to feed on that hatred. After years of training in the fighting pits her master decided she was ready for the trials of Korriban.

Chiric - Bounty Hunter.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/171/b/a/chiricportrait1_by_chakra_kusanagi-d69vvub.jpg

Growing up the son of Bounty Hunter Maric, Chiric grew up knowing that he would one day take up the profession. When his father was ambushed on Nar Shaddaa, Chiric was forced into the trade earlier than he thought he would. At the age of 15 he was suddenly an orphan with no means of income. His only possessions were his fathers suit of armour and blaster.

He was, however, skilled enough to hire on as an enforcer to a local Hutt named Broga. He worked for the Hutt for a few years before he found out that the same hutt had arranged for his fathers death.

With that knowledge he left Nar Shaddaa and swore to avenge his father one day.

Andréazi - Imperial Agent.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/171/2/f/2f50507cc29d7678e427ae8ebe719ddd-d69vu9f.jpg

Born of an Imperial Noble family, Andréazi grew up believing in the irrefutable supremacy of the Emperor and the Sith. Seeing as he did not have any force affinity, he decided to join the imperial navy as an officer, but Imperial Intelligence noticed him during training and he was transfered to Imperial Intelligence for field work.

Mágnus - Smuggler.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/171/e/2/m_aacute_gnusportrait1_by_chakra_kusanagi-d69vw9h.jpg

Hailing from a long line of Officers in the Republic Navy, Mágnus was destined to continue the tradition. Trained at the finest academies from a young age, he showed a ruthless determination to "get the job done" which led to him being disliked amongst the enlisted med. After his crew turned on him in the heat of battle whilst fighting against pirates in the outer rim, he killed most of the crew with the help of a small force of loyal officers. The Republic Navy Court martialed him for the events and gave him a dishonorable discharge.

He used what money he had left to buy a Tramp Freighter and started roaming the outer rim. Using his reputation as a former Naval Officer he managed to get both legal and illegal jobs.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

They're really good.

I'm amazed how you show your characters during the starting sequence with custom clothing.

I take it that that is just very diligent editing, splicing in sequences recorded after the start sequence?

Actually no.

All you have to do is start a new character, then during the intro cinematics, just press escape and you have aborted that first class mission.

You can now buy items off the cartel market, send items from your alts or run around on the starter planet until you reach level 7, at which point you can travel to fleet and buy stuff off the GTN.

Then all you have to do is go back to the place where the first class mission starts and click on the mission giver :)

This works for all classes except the trooper. If you do this with the trooper you will be locked inside the walker at the start, so you have to finish the intro cinematic and then go outside the walker and reset the mission in the missions tab.

Then you can start it over again by going back in the walker and clicking on gearbox.

Genius.

I didn't even realise that those intro sequences were part of a resettable mission.

Your hard work has been most entertaining, and seeing the class storyline played through like that just goes to show how much effort BioWare put into them, what with the voice acting, camera angles etc. ... a proper movie to be told!

Genius.

I didn't even realise that those intro sequences were part of a resettable mission.

Your hard work has been most entertaining, and seeing the class storyline played through like that just goes to show how much effort BioWare put into them, what with the voice acting, camera angles etc. ... a proper movie to be told!

Not to mention the fact that im not recording planetary missions, side quests, flashpoints and operations :eek:

Color me impressed! I love your backstories and the way you have put these together. Great work OddballEasyEight!

Wow, thanx :)

The double XP weekends will really help since most of my characters are only around level 11.

And me being unemployed during those weeks will give it a boost too :p

Hopefully ill have a new job around the time they end tho (well hopefully earlier, but still).

Those are great.

I'd often thought about doing something like that but I knew I'd never find the time for it.

Yeah, right now im blessed (or cursed) with a job where i dont do much, so i come home rested and ready to play :)

Its the editing that takes up most of the time tho (or at least it feels like it), so i try to squeeze that in whenever i can.

Tried to do it on my laptop, but for some reason the version of windows movie maker i have there doesnt recognize the fraps files so that was a bust :/

This works for all classes except the trooper. If you do this with the trooper you will be locked inside the walker at the start, so you have to finish the intro cinematic and then go outside the walker and reset the mission in the missions tab.

Then you can start it over again by going back in the walker and clicking on gearbox.

You can also hit ESC, then use Quick Travel to leave the walker. :D

Color me ignoramus, but how do you take the pics and get them on here? Thanks for any help.

Well first off, it seems you can only post picks in certain parts of the forums (i think its only under the community section, might even be restricted to the fan art one).

But if you put in the tags and%20then with the adress to the image between the tags you get to display the picture.

There is a button for it when you are making the post, it looks like a gray mountain on a yellow background. Its right next to the quote button.

Nice work Oddball! Love the RP background stories, and how you edited it all together.

Really makes me wish our legacy family trees were capable of much more than they currently are.

At the very least I wish it would allow us to do what you just did- you shared your legacy with the community-I'm a bit inspired to do something similar.

Thanks for that mate!

And may the force be with you on the employment hunt :)

Thanx man :)

I would love it if this inspires others to do the same.

Ive found a few (two so far) others that have entire playthroughs of the storylines but most others seem to have given up half way.

I guess my best advice would be to stick with it. Dont give up because you start hitting higher levels.

This was very impressive when it comes to skill of the game. I would have liked to see more of that with your stories though. I find that in an MMO, using the NPC's for your story will end up with you bumping into at least a hundred other people with the same mentors I.E Yuon Par etc.... I feel it would be best if you had made your own unique story for each character with no reference to any NPC that bioware has put into the game.

This was very impressive when it comes to skill of the game. I would have liked to see more of that with your stories though. I find that in an MMO, using the NPC's for your story will end up with you bumping into at least a hundred other people with the same mentors I.E Yuon Par etc.... I feel it would be best if you had made your own unique story for each character with no reference to any NPC that bioware has put into the game.

Heh i dont care about that bit... im not roleplaying with others, im roleplaying for my own enjoyment. Kinda like how everyone who played Dragon Age: Origins fought and defeated the Archdemon and had the same companions and experienced, largely, the same adventure but still had a vastly different roleplaying experience.

Since ive played PnP Roleplaying games since i was a kid, i dont really feel the need to "make my own unique story" in a game like this, instead i set up a background for each of my characters and play them through the game instead. That in turn influences all my choices and changes the story between characters enough that i might enjoy playing the same class more than once (without doing the tedious "ill go full evil on one and full good on another").

Damn, I was always thinking about doing something like that, but then I get so consumed by the game I forget to record it... well, too late now, all my characters except agent (Nar Shaddaa) and warrior (still on ship to Korriban) are finished.

Great job OddballEasyEight

Damn, I was always thinking about doing something like that, but then I get so consumed by the game I forget to record it... well, too late now, all my characters except agent (Nar Shaddaa) and warrior (still on ship to Korriban) are finished.

Great job OddballEasyEight

Well, you could still record your warrior :D

The thing i keep forgetting is to turn off my GUI when recording battles and such... but ive gotten better at that now.

I would love it if this inspires others to do the same.

Ive found a few (two so far) others that have entire playthroughs of the storylines but most others seem to have given up half way.

I've actually been tinkering with this kind of thing for a while now, but I ended up trashing my agent and smuggler playthrough videos after finishing because I wasn't remotely happy with how they turned out. I'll just do them again later now that I've had some practice in, I imagine. Working on the trooper story now though, if you're interested.

I mean, not to hijack your thread or anything, but I'm essentially just slinging these together with Move Maker in my spare time, so tips would be good D: I can never decide how much actual gameplay to include.

Now if only I could turn off the damn light/dark side indicators in cutscenes, because stop filling half my screen with blue/red srsly :(

Edited by Bleeters

I've actually been tinkering with this kind of thing for a while now, but I ended up trashing my agent and smuggler playthrough videos after finishing because I wasn't remotely happy with how they turned out. I'll just do them again later now that I've had some practice in, I imagine. Working on the trooper story now though, if you're interested.

I mean, not to hijack your thread or anything, but I'm essentially just slinging these together with Move Maker in my spare time, so tips would be good D: I can never decide how much actual gameplay to include.

Now if only I could turn off the damn light/dark side indicators in cutscenes, because stop filling half my screen with blue/red srsly :(

Yeah, my top wishes for this game right now is to be able to turn off the light/dark indicator and to turn off all the stupid MMO effects (glowing blasters and silly glowy effects in general)...

Im using movie maker too so my work is far from proffessional :p

Still working on how much gameplay to include myself. I usually feel that if the mission indicates that i'll be fighting enemies ill add in the fighting just for continuity. But im actually thinking of adding more travel as well so its not just jumping from cutscene to cutscene...

EDIT: I like that you took the time to change into less formal outfits for the on-ship cutscenes tho. Ive been thinking about this myself, but couldnt really decide on what outfits to wear. Might get something for my 2nd trooper playthrough tho, since the trooper is the only one i feel would do this. BH would stay in his armor anyway, and the rest dont have much in the way of armour...

I think you can disable conversation rewards (+LS/DS, +Affection) in UI editor. Just switch to the Conversation subsection in the dropdown menu and turn off the "Conversation rewards" window. And gains on the selection wheel can be turned off in Preferences.

But for glowing things like blasters etc, I think you will just have to suffer those. It is machinima, after all

Edited by Aries_cz

I think you can disable conversation rewards (+LS/DS, +Affection) in UI editor. Just switch to the Conversation subsection in the dropdown menu and turn off the "Conversation rewards" window. And gains on the selection wheel can be turned off in Preferences.

But for glowing things like blasters etc, I think you will just have to suffer those. It is machinima, after all

Naah, that only disables the little boxes that pop up with LS/DS and affection, not the red/blue tint that comes up on the screen.

Personally tho, i dont think we need the usual MMO "shinies" as much in a game like this... and there should be a toggle (should be possible since they dissapear in cutscenes)

Oh those effects, completely forgot about them :)

Yeah those probably cannot be disabled... i guess that some sort of video editing magic could get rid of it, but I have no idea how difficult it would be (my guess is very)

Any video editing that approaches magic is sort of beyond my capability, sadly :p

I suppose I'll just have to live with it. It's not a huge deal, it just bugs me whenever I'm bouncing between light and dark side decisions in one conversation (because hey, RP) and my screen ends up looking like a set of traffic lights.

Still working on how much gameplay to include myself. I usually feel that if the mission indicates that i'll be fighting enemies ill add in the fighting just for continuity. But im actually thinking of adding more travel as well so its not just jumping from cutscene to cutscene...

I think my current problem is that commandos just aren't that interesting to watch shoot things, and the trooper story is packed full of fights that are basically just 'guys stand and shoot at me whilst I stand and shoot at them'. The end of chapter one boss is pretty awful on that count, really. Especially when compared to the likes of, say, the agent story. So unless something significant happens, I feel like I should just cut it out.

But then, I never really figured anyone would care about watching anything I made, so I don't know.

Edited by Bleeters