It’s Raining CXP, Daily

EricMusco

THANK THE MAKER

Please let everyone know about this bug or how staff refers to bugs: "exploits" - to increase the game's population!

Now now. Nobody said anything about an exploit. Don't confuse people with two different words.

However, let's hope that the boost in player numbers will show them what adjustments are needed. And yes, let everyone you can know about it.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should leave it...I haven't seen Yavin so busy since it was introduced, Eric. There was even actual world PvP there...

It's been great fun while it lasted :)

Guess this means Jedi Covenant republic side is really dead (or uninformed). I haven't seen double digits in the only PVE instance since the bug happened.

Anyway, is there anyway to keep the extremely high CXP for those <300, but nerf it back once they reach 300? That would introduce a catch up mechanic, but keep the rate of 248 gear gain how it is currently designed. I'd run Ops on my main (once at 300) then dailies on an alt instead of just logging out because the grind is depressing.

Edited by bdatt

Or ya know just don't fix and enjoy many more people actually playing your game.

Amazingly there are actually other players to be seen in instances in the daily areas.

Seriously just think about it for a second ... CXP has driven so many people away the minute there is a bug that means they can get CXP at a reasonable rate they flood back to take advantage. This tell you CXP is a cancer on this game and instead of doing something about that you are instead going to fix the bug so people can again not play your game? That's the opposite of what you should be doing.

Fwiw I did about 3 hours yesterday and went from 85 to 105 (I've never had a 300). That's still going to take me another 10 days just to get to 300 and then farming from there to get BiS.

What this tells me is you should introduce a boost that people can buy (like superior command boost and stacks on top of that) that boosts whichever activity type they want to do by this proportions. So 1125 instead of 75 - 1500% boost.

Sell daily ones, heroic ones etc. etc. and have them so they ONLY work sub 300.

My biggest issue with this system has always been the tiers themselves. If it took me a few weeks or a month doing just the content I want to do to reach that top tier and then a slower grind from there getting the top RNG drops I really wouldn't have as big of a problem with this system.

Please take heed of the enjoyment people are getting from this and re-think what you are doing and how you can make it better for all. I know surely at some stage there must be a tier/gear boost coming in the future so you really need to have a system in place before that happens so people won't feel so daunted by yet another level to have to reach.

New players/returning players are the ones most effect by GC - many forum users have been around so long they've hit 300 multiple times probably so any feedback in that regards from people already at 300 is moot when it comes to attracting back new/returning players.

The crazy amount of CXP from those heroics, are possibly the only way I will ever achieve anything with Galactic Command. (And if Iokath rewarded that much all the time, you can bet your blouse everyone would be doing new content.... rather than it being a complete and total ghosttown)

Afaik it's not the heroics that are buffed, it's the planetary dailies (non heroic).

Ah. That is a good offset to the drop rates. Just boost the amount everything gives. That way OPs still give more CXP, but the dailies are worth doing. And they could give us more ranks, that way each tier takes longer to get through and players don't pass up ranks.

Who cares what OPs give? They drop unassembled pieces allowing you to effectively bypass CP altogether, that is the draw to doing OPs now, not CXP.

People were already farming FPs as groups to get super quick CXP ( 300 in weeks from what some said and demonstrated in an earlier thread) so need for balance there.

PVP/GSF shouldn't even have to worry about getting gear the same as PVE players but at least this would leave a means to get top tier quicker to make the UC grind more palatable.

And no to more ranks, having each tier take longer to get through is just a plain stupid idea and you are just going backward on the concept of rewarding more CXP if it takes you longer to get to the next tier anyway.

Or ya know just don't fix and enjoy many more people actually playing your game.

Amazingly there are actually other players to be seen in instances in the daily areas.

Seriously just think about it for a second ... CXP has driven so many people away the minute there is a bug that means they can get CXP at a reasonable rate they flood back to take advantage. This tell you CXP is a cancer on this game and instead of doing something about that you are instead going to fix the bug so people can again not play your game? That's the opposite of what you should be doing.

Fwiw I did about 3 hours yesterday and went from 85 to 105 (I've never had a 300). That's still going to take me another 10 days just to get to 300 and then farming from there to get BiS.

EXACTLY!!!! People were actually PLAYING the game...people are willing to grind for CXP, they just don't want it to take weeks to progress through each tier.

God Bioware...PLEASE LISTEN to us...we're trying to help you.

Der Eric,

Don't bring it back to the normal amount.

Finally saw more then 3 people on a planet, we had world pvp and go to do some the 4 man quests even that nobody usually does. If you change it just cut it in half.

This bug has done more good then evil to the game :)

Edited by ongeburz

I finally have my "main" post 50 and almost to 80 now. my other toons are finally breaching post 20+.

i thought this was the something new they added for some of the dailies and was pretty upbeat after Sunday and spent the last couple of days planning out how i was going to start getting my toons in something other than 230s. i dont get much time to play except on the weekends; coupled with a broken left arm its been "exciting." shame to hear that this was a fluke. i will need to work things out better this weekend...

...i was starting to craft gear, but the isotopes just jumped out of my price range. something told me to buy them a while back...grr.

may also start looking (again) for a guild. ive mostly played guildless due to an eratic play schedule that could leave not logged in for weeks. guilds tend to not like that.

on topic, sorry this is a fluke...

Who cares what OPs give? They drop unassembled pieces allowing you to effectively bypass CP altogether, that is the draw to doing OPs now, not CXP.

People were already farming FPs as groups to get super quick CXP ( 300 in weeks from what some said and demonstrated in an earlier thread) so need for balance there.

PVP/GSF shouldn't even have to worry about getting gear the same as PVE players but at least this would leave a means to get top tier quicker to make the UC grind more palatable.

And no to more ranks, having each tier take longer to get through is just a plain stupid idea and you are just going backward on the concept of rewarding more CXP if it takes you longer to get to the next tier anyway.

Oh right. I forgot about the unassembled drops. Then HM FP should have the higher boost since they don't drop gear.

The idea behind the ranks taking longer wasn't to add more CXP per rank, but to prolong the tiers as some just blast through the tiers and barely get any gear from each tier, making it almost pointless to get gear from any tier other than T4. To make the tier feel worth it.

But I agree it's not the best idea, or even a good one. I was just expressing that it seems pointless to have four tiers of gear in only 300 ranks. Maybe even reduce the number of tiers from crates, and have the first two tiers of gear to be purchased with command tokens only, locked behind "X rank". But even that... I dunno.

What this tells me is you should introduce a boost that people can buy (like superior command boost and stacks on top of that) that boosts whichever activity type they want to do by this proportions. So 1125 instead of 75 - 1500% boost. Sell daily ones, heroic ones etc. etc. and have them so they ONLY work sub 300.

That could work although a 10x boost is too much unless you really limited it to something like usable once per week. A 5x that applies only to below level 300 would get people through the levels on alts without devaluing the BIS gear which comes at 300+. BIS gear should be harder to get whether it is through NM OPS, lots of PVP for upgrades, or lots of GC crates. That would certainly allow you to get from level 1 to 300 in a matter of a couple months as a fairly casual player (<10 hrs per week). Which would seem to be about the right rate since someone "farming" the boost would likely get there in a matter of a couple weeks if not sooner.

You should consider leaving it as is, or a least boosted significantly. It is bringing people out around the galaxy.

This. It's real fun. People group up when that pesky terminal on black hole doesn't respawn. People group up for the heroics, just to blast trough them faster. And yes, people are stealing your quest objectives while you're fighting the mobs. It feels like a MMO again.

And the high CXP gain actually seems appropriate for the low chance of getting something useful from command crates. Now what you get out of a crate reflects the actual effort put into getting in.

Edited by Mubrak

Oh right. I forgot about the unassembled drops. Then HM FP should have the higher boost since they don't drop gear.

The idea behind the ranks taking longer wasn't to add more CXP per rank, but to prolong the tiers as some just blast through the tiers and barely get any gear from each tier, making it almost pointless to get gear from any tier other than T4. To make the tier feel worth it.

But I agree it's not the best idea, or even a good one. I was just expressing that it seems pointless to have four tiers of gear in only 300 ranks. Maybe even reduce the number of tiers from crates, and have the first two tiers of gear to be purchased with command tokens only, locked behind "X rank". But even that... I dunno.

The problem, for me, is the tiers themselves. The idea I have what I feel is this MASSIVE grind ahead of me to get to a point where I can finally start getting some good end game gear dropping is ludicrous.

I've been around a long time and I always used comm gear (crystal too but it was so short lived I still call it comm gear) to bolster my build as I got my set bonus gear. People would claim "comm gear was crap" and yes it was compared to OP drop gear but it was better than anything else (except previous top end NiM tier gear and arguably some HM parts but the difference in parses became utterly negligible) you could get running non operation content.

So I would get my ultimate comms, get a gear piece and strip out mods/enhancements to improve parts of my old gear. Starting out I would even use the armorings before I had previous tier set bonus gear (or when previous tier didn't stack with new tier). Point is i felt like I was constantly getting stronger and that much more helpful in raids.

NOW though I have to grind to level bloody 300 just to get that same feeling of getting what I feel is equivalent gear? I.e. the non set bonus drops from tier 3? THAT is the massive deterent to GC for me, I've barely touched the gameplay since they brought it out. I do my GTN stuff because for some odd reason I love having billions of credits and opening hypercrates and that's about it.

Yesterday though I spent more time playing gameplay in one day than I had since I finished KoTeT. I saw light at the end of the tunnel and knew if I could get to 300 I would probably play more because that barrier of not getting top end drops would be removed.

Not everyone's opinion is the same of course but food for thought... There is no argument the population has seriously deteriorated since 5.0 and many reasons for that no doubt but if one of the most popular is that people do feel the same as me and found the idea of the tiers just not worth doing so they went to do something else then they aren't here to speak up anymore.

Often the biggest/loudest topics on these forums lately aren't even the biggest issue player numbers wise. E.g. the traitor - if we had 1 million players still I doubt the traitor issue is going to be anywhere near as punishing on player numbers as GC has been yet reading the forums you would think the traitor being who it was and the effect on romances was going to kill the game outright.

We've lost such a large portion of our community now that feedback has actually become skewed because the feedback we need, from the players who left and how we can get them back, can no longer be seen because they are gone.

Oh and HM FPs boost - for sure. However they go about it if they went with the idea of 1000 CXP per heroic, averaged the time of each heroic and then averaged the time of all other content and apply a formula to set CXP rates accordingly.

Yes people will blow through GC and get top tier but who cares at this stage? The fake grind concept drove far more people away than it kept and deters new players all the time. It failed plain and simple - the idea of having a means for all to get top end gear - great, doing it via tiers like this, ridiculous.

That could work although a 10x boost is too much unless you really limited it to something like usable once per week. A 5x that applies only to below level 300 would get people through the levels on alts without devaluing the BIS gear which comes at 300+. BIS gear should be harder to get whether it is through NM OPS, lots of PVP for upgrades, or lots of GC crates. That would certainly allow you to get from level 1 to 300 in a matter of a couple months as a fairly casual player (<10 hrs per week). Which would seem to be about the right rate since someone "farming" the boost would likely get there in a matter of a couple weeks if not sooner.

10x boost really isn't too much. Why do you think it's too much? Because 10-15x sounds like too much?

Per my previous post on taking 1000 CXP per heroic as a baseline, work out the average time per heroic and that can give you a baseline CXP per minute boost for all your other content (as they would all get other multipliers) and slightly boost it more for difficulty.

If it has to be 30x for something then so what? As others have mentioned 5.0 is so old now that having this massive grind all in front of new 70s is driving them away, not keeping them here. In this day and age the majority of people don't want to grind that much.

If it has to be 50x then that just shows you how poorly the CXP rates were to begin with.

As I said drop the boost entirely at 300 and then people are grinding out the top end gear at normal speed and it wouldn't feel so bad because each tier you know might be that sought after BiS drop or most likely something better than you have now to help you that weee bit more in beating HM Revan maybe. ;)

As for a couple of months to get to 300 ... your game sounds like this game. I don't want to play your game and I've not been playing this game (and I'd guess to say we've lost over half the population we had this time last year as a result). A couple of months to 300 and then and only then do I finally start getting some end game gear? Nah pass no thanks, I'll keep doing my GTN activities and go play something else - Andromeda currently, actually enjoying it despite the criticism many put at it but I parked it for this CXP boost - see I want to play your game BWA, you just don't seem to want me to play it how I want to play it.

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

Hey Keith if you are reading this thread you should recall some of your earlier posts on feedback and us giving you lots of "whys" to support our feedback.

Well this thread has plenty of whys around why this is good and why GC as it stands is bad.

So how about you come to the party and give us a response to some posts on WHY GC has to be the way it has to be and WHY it can't be like it is with this bug? I would love some compromise and see this sort of thing common place up to 300 and then no more boost, I would love to hear your thoughts on all this from a design perspective.

Because you ask for whys but it's hard for us to give really good feedback when we can't understand your whys first if ya know what I mean? :)

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

Hey folks,

When we released Game Update 5.4 last week, we also introduced a bug which many of you have already noticed. The Daily Missions for Czerka, Oricon, Black Hole, Yavin 4, Ziost, Section X, and Iokath are rewarding substantially more CXP than intended. Instead of giving 75 CXP per Mission, they are currently awarding 1125. That’s a lot of CXP! Proooobably a little more than we would like you to get. For that reason it was our intent that we would address this bug in tomorrow’s patch. Well, the gods of Iokath were the only ones strong enough to overcome it. After tomorrow’s patch, only Iokath’s Dailies will be back to the appropriate CXP values. The other 6 Daily Areas will still be bugged, which means they will continue giving you crazy CXP (during double CXP!) until we fix them next week.

Until they are fixed next week, enjoy them. We tried to fix the bug, the bug didn’t want to be fixed (pretty sure Keith sabotaged it, he loves all that CXP). So enjoy the extra CXP for a few more days. I was liking this as it would have been easier to level up my 14 alts in the command rank.

-eric

AW. It was nice to see more people doing the dailies/weeklies. It would been nice to leave it like that for them.

Edited by casirabit

The Daily Missions for Czerka, Oricon, Black Hole, Yavin 4, Ziost, Section X, and Iokath are rewarding substantially more CXP than intended.

I never learn. I thought this was just *possibly* an intended, and amazing, change.

Now the weeklies/dailies slide back into irrelevance.

The problem, for me, is the tiers themselves. The idea I have what I feel is this MASSIVE grind ahead of me to get to a point where I can finally start getting some good end game gear dropping is ludicrous.

I've been around a long time and I always used comm gear (crystal too but it was so short lived I still call it comm gear) to bolster my build as I got my set bonus gear. People would claim "comm gear was crap" and yes it was compared to OP drop gear but it was better than anything else (except previous top end NiM tier gear and arguably some HM parts but the difference in parses became utterly negligible) you could get running non operation content.

So I would get my ultimate comms, get a gear piece and strip out mods/enhancements to improve parts of my old gear. Starting out I would even use the armorings before I had previous tier set bonus gear (or when previous tier didn't stack with new tier). Point is i felt like I was constantly getting stronger and that much more helpful in raids.

NOW though I have to grind to level bloody 300 just to get that same feeling of getting what I feel is equivalent gear? I.e. the non set bonus drops from tier 3? THAT is the massive deterent to GC for me, I've barely touched the gameplay since they brought it out. I do my GTN stuff because for some odd reason I love having billions of credits and opening hypercrates and that's about it.

Yesterday though I spent more time playing gameplay in one day than I had since I finished KoTeT. I saw light at the end of the tunnel and knew if I could get to 300 I would probably play more because that barrier of not getting top end drops would be removed.

Not everyone's opinion is the same of course but food for thought... There is no argument the population has seriously deteriorated since 5.0 and many reasons for that no doubt but if one of the most popular is that people do feel the same as me and found the idea of the tiers just not worth doing so they went to do something else then they aren't here to speak up anymore.

Often the biggest/loudest topics on these forums lately aren't even the biggest issue player numbers wise. E.g. the traitor - if we had 1 million players still I doubt the traitor issue is going to be anywhere near as punishing on player numbers as GC has been yet reading the forums you would think the traitor being who it was and the effect on romances was going to kill the game outright.

We've lost such a large portion of our community now that feedback has actually become skewed because the feedback we need, from the players who left and how we can get them back, can no longer be seen because they are gone.

Oh and HM FPs boost - for sure. However they go about it if they went with the idea of 1000 CXP per heroic, averaged the time of each heroic and then averaged the time of all other content and apply a formula to set CXP rates accordingly.

Yes people will blow through GC and get top tier but who cares at this stage? The fake grind concept drove far more people away than it kept and deters new players all the time. It failed plain and simple - the idea of having a means for all to get top end gear - great, doing it via tiers like this, ridiculous.

I agree that the current GC model isn't working. I have noticed a population decline since KotET end as well. And the boost in numbers since the bug, shows that it needs a major refinement.

I've been around since beta and did the same thing with the comms gear myself. I would myself prefer to have the lower tiers or even just the premium/prototype (maybe artifact) gear from all tiers come from tokens, while the artifact and legendary drop from crates.

When I talk about blowing through the tiers, I just mean that it seems pointless to have 4 tiers of gear, as it feels like skipping the lower gear tiers completely, comms gear or unassembled. It just feels like the smaller tiers are worthless. So either just have the two tiers, or give us the first two via tokens. I'm just trying to work with what we have, and not hand it to players for doing nothing.

As an MMO there should be some sort of grind, but it shouldn't be grueling, exhausting, and utterly boring. Which for someone like me that totally has no addiction to the game and can quit at any time, that's what the CXP/crate grind is starting to become.

I also love your point about the traitor "issue" being bigger than the real issue.

I agree that the current GC model isn't working. I have noticed a population decline since KotET end as well. And the boost in numbers since the bug, shows that it needs a major refinement.

I've been around since beta and did the same thing with the comms gear myself. I would myself prefer to have the lower tiers or even just the premium/prototype (maybe artifact) gear from all tiers come from tokens, while the artifact and legendary drop from crates.

When I talk about blowing through the tiers, I just mean that it seems pointless to have 4 tiers of gear, as it feels like skipping the lower gear tiers completely, comms gear or unassembled. It just feels like the smaller tiers are worthless. So either just have the two tiers, or give us the first two via tokens. I'm just trying to work with what we have, and not hand it to players for doing nothing.

As an MMO there should be some sort of grind, but it shouldn't be grueling, exhausting, and utterly boring. Which for someone like me that totally has no addiction to the game and can quit at any time, that's what the CXP/crate grind is starting to become.

I also love your point about the traitor "issue" being bigger than the real issue.

Yup it should have grind and the grind from pre GC I thought was fine, I will never understand why they messed it and why they still won't fix it.

I mean I had another idea at the time of launch of GC that if they at least made is to you could get ANY tier gear at any time it would help that little bit.

i.e. at tier 1 really low odds of a tier 4 BiS piece but there is a chance, better chance of tier 3, better still of tier 2 etc. and then when you go up a tier all odds increase. The tiers then would just be a minimum gear you WILL get at worst. Sort of like how you can get a gold mount from a bronze pack maybe, better chances at silver pack and guaranteed at gold.

This above still wouldn't be as good as before but at least it would be a lure to the tiers instead of the point you make around them being pointless, they truly are. It's a grind for no reason than just to grind to get to the end - it sucks in short.

Anyway a better post by Eric would have been "and we've decided to make ALL planetary dailies effected by this "bug" * wink wink * for the rest of this week". I would love to be going back to vanilla planets again doing old school dailies for these boosts .... ahhh the memories of vanilla planets heh.

Well that is a dumb decision. This actually made myself and many others play and gear up their alts again. It was grindy, but tolerable and made me go do dailies again like it was 2-3 years ago. This change shouldn't happen, because your flawed system as is makes it terrible to play alts, one of the best parts about this game since launch.

Well that is a dumb decision. This actually made myself and many others play and gear up their alts again. It was grindy, but tolerable and made me go do dailies again like it was 2-3 years ago. This change shouldn't happen, because your flawed system as is makes it terrible to play alts, one of the best parts about this game since launch.

I liked it as well because there were more people in the daily area and people were grouping up there and it was fun again, instead of me being the only one in the daily area.

Why are people still whining about command? If you don't like it, pretend it's not there and you can gear up exactly the same as you did before command came out. literally, there is no difference.

Anything that gets more people playing is not whining. There were more people playing and grouping in the daily area and something that does that is good in my book.

I liked it as well because there were more people in the daily area and people were grouping up there and it was fun again, instead of me being the only one in the daily area.

But but but they might interfere with your RP. :p

I'm sure you weren't one of the people arguing for "less populated" servers in the server merge thread though right? I would have to laugh anyone who was arguing for that so they can "play in peace" now saying "yay look how more populated the instances are"