[Question] Three crew skills used most often in Flashpoints.

Nooblock

I haven't been using crew skills much at all. So I figured I would train in the 3 that are most used in Flashpoints. I was hoping for some opinions on what to get. I know slicing is one of them. But besides that im stumped.

athiss gives shortcuts for slicing and archaeology. arch also gets you a heal over time effect if you know where to find it. scavenging let's you revive robots in this flashpoint as well, as someone else mentioned.

scavenging also gets you a shortcut in hammer station at the drill. plus the extra area that leads to a chest when using bio analysis.

i'd say all the gathering skills are used at some point. none of the crafting/mission skills do.

Archaeology, bioanalysis, scavenging, and slicing all have a purpose in at least one flashpoint.

If I was going to select three of those four, I would go with archaeology, scavenging, and slicing.

Not just for the flashpoint uses, but also for their utility and demand for their products.

Strictly in the context of flashpoints, bioanalysis may be every bit as useful as any of the others, but I consider it to be the least useful on it's own outside of them.

Doesn't cybertech allow you to "fix" the droids and use them as a pet in some instances?

Scavenging does that.

I do not know if in one or another flashpoint you can use cybertech, but scavenging does that in Athiss and Mandalorian Raiders, to name two that come to mind.

Cybertech let's you activate an elevator shortcut in Mandalorian Raiders, or 'hotwire' a taxi in Cademimu to take another. I do not know of it allowing you to repair droids.

Scavenging does that.

I do not know if in one or another flashpoint you can use cybertech, but scavenging does that in Athiss and Mandalorian Raiders, to name two that come to mind.

Cybertech let's you activate an elevator shortcut in Mandalorian Raiders, or 'hotwire' a taxi in Cademimu to take another. I do not know of it allowing you to repair droids.

The Cadimemu taxi is definitely slicing (and a bit earlier there is a gate you can repair with scavenging for a short cut), and I think the same applies for the elevator in Mandalorian.

• 1 year later...