What happens to my character when my sub is over?

TruSeeker

I've read recently there's a free-to-play option coming soon, so I'm curious about what will happen after my time is up on my subscription. I have a character that is a level 42, will I be able to use free-to-play to continue playing him in the future? Or is my account already activated and in turn I can't access free-to-play?

I also heard there's a free public test server, but which server is it? (All the servers have fancy names)

yes, your toon will still be available to play if you switch to F2P.

the PTS is accessed on the launcher. you need to click the gear button in order to enable it. then you need to download the patch for the test server which is almost as big as the game itself. it will be a very long download.

A few questions have been answered by Blaine Christine regarding F2P / subscriber / preferred status and what happens when switching from one to the other

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=546823

But to reply to you directly: you keep everything you've earned with the character you're playing when the game goes "free to play".

If you stop subscribing you'll get limited to the 2 quickbars, and won't be able to equip new purple stuff you find, but you can pay to unlock both again.

why would that be? other F2P games do extremely well. i mean, take a look at League of Legends.

For me it feels like the focus is on f2p, so then why subscribe? May as well just stop paying the monthly fee and join the crowd.

For me it feels like the focus is on f2p, so then why subscribe? May as well just stop paying the monthly fee and join the crowd.

have you seen the list of differences between subs and F2P accounts? honestly, it's cheaper to stay subbed if you want to keep your account exactly the way it is, seeing how if you go free, you'll have to pay real money to unlock everything all over again. and not all the unlocks are account wide.

Edited by happysister

I think there's an acceptable level of sacrifice one is able to make when determining what level of f2p is cheaper than a subscription. The biggest drawback for the game is the substandard features it provides, in general.