Whats the nicest thing youve done for another player

DarthMaulUK

Just the other night my guild and I went to get the +10 datacron. We already had our Sorcerer up there, and were bringing a few alts in to pick it up, when we saw some random player exploring the museum. So we invited him to our group, and pulled him up to the datacron.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some stuff I've done:

• Give 100k+ credits to a several non-guildies
  • Bring players with me as I solo daily heroics so they can earn the commendations
  • Give away the Q22 armoring and mods from dailies to several players
  • Give away unused biochem mats
  • Helped a lot of people with leveling quests - too many to remember
  • Helped other random healing operatives with gear/itemization suggestions and instructions

The very existence of this thread is a bad joke. Seriously. A thread dedicated to patting yourself on the back for performing an unselfish deed does nothing but take away from the deed itself. kudos for being helpful, but this is really REALLY sad.

I have given someone 100k, helped with the usual class quests when some ask for help and even gave 500k to one lucky winner! Yes, 500k!

So it made me wonder what other acts of good will others have done.

I will not troll, but before open such thread, define what means 'nice' and 'fairplay' many players around all the mmo on the market kinda forgot and have no idea what that means.

I've taken the time to explain things in detail for new players, such as game mechanics, game preferences, and/or class specifics that I could answer. I like helping people out in the game, for one thing it means a better game community and to be a bit selfish if I can help someone become a better player that's one more good player for me to group with.

I ran around soloing a bunch of the lower world bosses on my 50 tank and gave away all the purples that dropped to random people in the area. Other than that I pretty much keep my generosity in the guild.

I kill the heroic world boss on Dromund Kaas and the surrounding champions for the blues and purples (I'm looking for a specific item) the I do a /who and msg people asking if they would like to have said purple.

I've also /beckon people to follow me to a nearby datacron

Edited by AGSThomas

Nicest thing....

There were 2 instances when My buddy and I were wz'in. We grp'd up with this fresh 50 wearing lvl40 gear. In our first match, that guy got 3rd in DPS....so after the match we went to the GTN and bought him random gear. This was back when having credits didn't mean anything. Gotta get my alt white crystals!

I help people who need help with class quests whenever i see it pop up in the general chat. Or if i see a group that are looking for one more person to run a heroic, and they have been looking for like an hour+ i help out, even if i dont need it.

I have lead a number of random strangers to datacrons they did not know about and helped them get them when they required more than 1 person.

I actually spent two whole hours in the datacron cell on Balmorra (Empire) just to let players in when they made it to that room.

Whenever I see someone waiting for a open world boss to spawn I gladly ask if they would like to team to take him down. If they decline I simply wait for them to get him first then wait for the next respawn.

And I always bow and let the other player get the glowy when I accidentally jump in on a mob they were fighting.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Edited by Blackavaar

Got bored at fleet and ran this poor fellow through Hammer Station with my 50 inq, he looked so lost being the only one at the portal spamming for group. It made his day :) He got four drops from it too. Edited by Dahltis

Whenever I'm in a starter zone (like when you have to go back for a class quest) I like to give something to a fresh character. Hutta has a robot champ that drops blues pretty consistently, so I like to go kill it and give the blue to a brand new character.

I give away all the missions I get from slicing, sure I sell some if noone wants it. I have given players complete sets of modded gear for their class. If I see a player under 20 having a bit of a hard time. I will try to help them by outfitting them with the best they can use for them and their current companion. It works out pretty well. Crafters get their stuff purchased and a player get stuff to give them that extra edge to do better.

I've also given away about 750k some to help players get their speeder training, others because they needed it for crafting. Though I also have spend a lot of time showing players how to make money.

Mostly what I have I give to my guild as it makes the guild better as a whole.

I'm a Juggernaut. One day, our Tank was also a Juggernaut. We got along really well, and he did a really good job tanking through our entire string of flashpoints, ending in Foundry, when Warrior Columi boots drop. Both of us needed Columi boots, and since I am part time tank myself, I need two pairs so I can main tank for my guild's operations, and DPS for fun.

I clicked pass. He'd been such a bro that whole time that I felt he'd earned them.

Edited by Vid-szhite