Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

EricMusco

so pumped, everything in this article made me feel good. Cant wait for Ilum changes and reasons to revisit old areas

I hope makeb also comes with a new tier of crafting, it'd kinda have to I guess, to make lvl 55 gear.

Cant wait to see the new skills and talants.

A visit from the gree before Makeb? new world event maybe?

Id love to hear about further expansions to space this year too

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Paid Server Transfers so we can finally unite our Legacies?!

If you read the part about character copies, this was said at the end:

This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.

So, APAC still overlooked. How nice.

You guys deserve a week's worth of blog posts all to yourself. And some hugs.

*hugs*

I am serious on both accounts.

Pester Bioware till they're as sick of you as you are of them.

Interesting...but come on people, what's more important? Fixing bugs and adding new and exciting content or having the option of SGR. This should not be a high priority at all, hell I would even rather have them focus on "chat bubbles" and "hood toggle" both of which would not affect me much, but would be better for the game itself..

I could not agree more. The romance options are a tiny part of the game and SGR is really only targeted toward a small minority of players, so any time dedicated to this is not an efficient use of resources. I'm not opposed to these options being added at some point in the future, but it should be very low on the priority list.

What a completely underwhelming turn of events. These guys are running quite the clown show out there. So a few SG NPC flirts is the bone they are throwing us. Now they can legitimately claim "Horray look at us, we totally support the GLBT community. We are so awesome!" Without having to actually support the GLBT community.

Totally done with this game now....

if this is your main concern we are better off than some people think. the current companians arent written to be gay and itd be lazy to white wash them with a gay option. True sgra need new gay companions written, fleshed out, designed, and voiced which takes time and resources that are better used elsewhere for now, and they need to work into the story arc for each class. Be patient, and use your imagination for a little bit longer and soon you can hit on npcs and hear them flirt back.

One: Why oh why oh why do we not have SGR? It's really sad. And most of all, why have they not added more class story? Who cares about operations and PVP, I want more class story and more companion story. Add more single player content, make it immerse us like good story does, and keep up companion relations. This should be the top-priority of SWTOR. By the way I have been subbing since August and I will continue to sub but I'm really getting annoyed.

I'm not opposed to these options being added at some point in the future, but it should be very low on the priority list.
So, since it was announced before launch as a post-launch feature, 1 year of waiting time is still not low enough on the priority list?

Interesting... :rolleyes:

Edited by Lent_San

Pffffff. What about the fact the game is now sooo easy,

Anyone can get 63 level gear, hell all you need is to do dailies and buy from GTN.

All the operations and flashpoints have been nerfed to death.

Denova hardmode/nightmare and TFB HM/NM is the only challenge left,

Which is pointless cause every noob has the same gear even without doing ops.

Pffff nerfed to death. Thanks

Topic #2: World PvP – What happened to making Ilum better? What is going on with Open World PvP? Answer: We have not forgotten Ilum! I think you will see (fairly soon) the answer to this question in the game itself - something big is coming to the Western Ice Shelf, but it’s quite a departure from what was there before. As for pure Open World PvP…well, that’s a more difficult proposition.

Let me say first i have been a bioware fan sine BG and love you games, this is my firs mmo and im loving it. The pvp is awsom and does not get the respect it deiseves. But any way This line has me very excited. I would love to see organic pvp that is directly related to a story line with multiple conclusions depending on the pvp results. Looking foward to the new pvp.

We are dedicated to providing excellent PvP experiences to our players, but we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones.

I am going to speculate that the character transfurs to PTS may be a test for x server pvp Lets hope so. Aas I said above the team tactics of the pvp are just awsome so many combinations and cross class combos to put together. I remember how many players came back at the announcement of ranked when it did not materialize they never returned. Some small changes thet would foster ranked and comrodary and rivalry would be to put wz daily and quest brop off on tantuinee(?)cores den? but both factins could be there and pvers would more lokley be on the fleet still. Being able to communicat with the other faction after the match and talk smack and take outside for a dual would be cool. It would also provode pvpers a place to find each other and hel ranked team develop. gear and such could be on the fleets giving everyone a reason to go there and that fleet pass could be put to use.

One last thing when making new wz the enviroment like hutt ball has such a drastic effect on the game. elevations, cover for snipers ans los tactics, tight areas, wide open, divers maps will support ands foster diverse class requirements.

Hours and hours of development time spent so people can watch a fade-to-black scene followed by 2 mails with Tier 3 Purple Gifts in it. NOW FEATURING SAME-SEX EMAILS! :rolleyes:

And yet you haven't added chat bubbles.

You haven't added a GOOD means to talk to the opposite faction and build rivalries like a Faction-Neutral chat channel. Using /say is not cutting it.

You made CC's I-win buttons and threw out any form of competitive pvp with insane burst damage specs.

And you still haven't balanced the animations yet (HINT: Shadow/Assassin Pull abilities instantly move the target to your location, Powertech/Vanguard pull has a noticeable delay that is constantly exploited against.)

But thanks for the SGRs! I can now play out my fantasy of seeing my Female BH receive saucy emails from Mako/Female NPC X. The 20 seconds of aesthetic lovey-dovey fluff far outweighs the balancing of content I put hours into.

Bravo.

Actually given it's NPC only you might get a fade to black but probably you'll get a [Flirt] dialogue option that goes precisely nowhere and effects nothing - like the other NPC romances in the game.

As regards the topic:

Egads! It speaks. Doesn't say anything we don't already know apart from the SGR thing but I suppose it's actual communication so that's something.

Having said that it was pathetic it was a couple of paragraphs basically amounting to SOON for things you committed to delivering months ago. No mention of class story or space hell it didn't even mention Cather and they were announced in June.

It also didn't mention any of the concerns most often expressed namely:

APAC

Customer Service

Communication

Bugs

Basically for someone trying to be "as frank and open as possible" you failed badly. Go away get some actual information and try again rather than "everything is going to be awesome" maybe even try to commit to fixing some of the issues currently affecting the game.

No mention of balancing classes (Smash, commando, Merc). I love my commando, that class could use some improvements. I hope you put fixing bugs, above adding content. I love swtor, but you really need to listen to your playerbase.

Though, looking forward to the digital expansion and all the things you are going to do with swtor.

All I wanted to hear was that chat bubbles for spatial chat are actively being worked on coming in the next month or two. Yet no mention of them whatsoever. Very disappointing, Hickman!

By the way, the discuss this article link on the blog isn't working.

as long as they can be disabled i dont like them

You guys deserve a week's worth of blog posts all to yourself. And some hugs.

*hugs*

I am serious on both accounts.

Pester Bioware till they're as sick of you as you are of them.

I'm pretty sure we have a 150+ page forum post 100+ in game tickets phone calls to customer service nothing has happened Bioware have a long way to go before they can even get close to being sick of us as much as we are of them

I can confirm for Bioware that the APAC servers DO EXIST.

Just felt the urge to remind them of that since they apparently aren't aware of this fact.

yeah didnt you read lol the servers are ROCKING! mmmm i wonder if i zoom in my browser far enough there would be small writing next to that comment besides the APAC ones

seriously.. SGRs are a higher priority over Chapter 4 and open world PVP (not Illum.. OPEN WORLD PvP.. you know like on all planets beyond level 20)??!

sums up TOR in a nutshell.

i realize this is a bioware game.. so i actually dont have a problem with SGRs being a part of the game or the "expansion". what i DO have a problem with is SGRs taking presedence over Chapter 4. you know, their best content.

also, gotta love the usual "coming soon!" and "much more" marketing spin :rolleyes:

No. You do things together, adventures, romance, house, etc. In the game after your 50.....ZERO!! Utterly pointless to even have it in the game as far as I am concerned.

The answer to this is daily romantic side-quests. It's addressed in the post linked in my signature.

I hope when they introduce SGRs that they're careful enough to implement them in such a way that they don't just pop up as an option that's restricted to post level 50 players only. That would just be jarring from a narrative standpoint, and not very intelligent game design. Edited by Machine-Elf

Thank you for the State of the Game update, Mr. Hickman. You have reaffirmed my decision to cancel my sub. I wish no ill-will on SWTOR and hope that you continue to make your remaining fans happy for years to come. So long and thanks for all the fish.

I dont think theres any subscriber with bad intentions regarding SWTOR. Like someone else mentioned few pages back, I am sick as well of hearing from EAware "we plan to, stay tuned, keep an eye out, look forward" always same bs and 0 concrete facts, while the frustration keeps rising seeing same obvious bugs ignored for weeks and months.

And the result is more garbage in Cartel Shop and poor real content for subscribers, the ppl who pay for swtor's future since 2011.

Got 5 days left on this sub, the account is canceled since they announced this 10$ DLC for summer.

GW2 and TES awaits me.

Edited by tzagheru

I am a returned player that left shortly before my original subscription expired. (I am a Founder). To see the changes from when I left to now was enough for me to resubscribe. I read this thread and can only think that Bioware is actively and willingly working to address player concerns. But, not at the pace that some players want.

I hope players can try for more patience. This is a great game. These are great developers.

Maybe take a break like I did to appreciate TOR for the gem it is.