Asia Pacific Server Names and Launch Timing

StephenReid

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Servers went up about 10-15 minutes before the announced time, so I lost my name of 3 months (6 if you include beta).

Yet another mishandled launch. :mad:

In fact you know what, I've had enough, Bioware/EA, you've already driven away 3/4 of my guild and friends through bugs, poor CS and game mechanics/design/flaws. I think I'm out.

What does the Asia Pacific release mean? I can already play from the Asia Pacific region.

The release in the Asia Pacific region means that Star Wars: The Old Republic will be officially sold in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore.

New servers in the Asia Pacific region will provide a world class game experience to our customers. It will allow them to play with players from the same time zone, bringing the Asia Pacific community together. It will also allow players to take advantage of decreased network latency by placing the game on a regional server.

World class decreased network latency my bawls, what a joke. I get it if its only listed as Australia and its close surrounding neighbouring countries which i am very happy for them as its all good and well but 400+ ms from SG to their servers and u call this world class?

Edited by Deathcoffin

The only reason for Asian players to transfer would be for population.

The latency is terrible from Singapore. I get better connections to EAST COAST servers.

It's odd, both Singapore and Australia have good connections to the US (I get 150 - 200ms from the Australian East Coast to the US West Coast) but the connection from Australia to Singapore is really bad. This sounds like something our governments should fix, you guys are our neighbors after all.:)

Can there please be a Singapore server?? Was so excited for this. Glad the aussies have good latency but seriously i'm getting a worse latency than in the US servers. It would be less of a disapointment is you just don't mention Singapore and Hong Kong because getting our hopes up for no improvements isn't what many of your valued customers in Asia need. Hope a possibility of a actual Asian server can be implemented! Thanks! Edited by Jastiah

Good morning. First of all, if you haven't seen the FAQ already, I wanted to let you know it's now been updated.

Please provide an update on what happens with our Legacy points ASAP. The community has been requesting this info for weeks now. Why is it so hard to get this info??

Also as our friends in EU/US cannot come, can you please give some indication on when wider server transfers will be implemented.

I understand the frustration, and if we had details that we were ready to share, we'd share them. We don't yet.

As I mentioned previously, more information on the character transfer process, especially in regards to things such as Legacy levels, will be released closer to when character transfer is available (currently scheduled for late April).

The Legacy system complicates the character transfer system considerably. We're aware of the implications with transfers though and working to try and ensure the smoothest transition for those with Legacy levels.

General character transfer will follow after the optional one-off transfer already announced for Asia-Pacific players.

I'm Just wondering what is going to happen with character names, when i go to get my characters transferred and my name is already taken is there just going to be quick option to choose a name or will i have to get CS help just to get it done...

From the FAQ:

"If your character name is already taken on the destination server, your character will be transferred, but you will be prompted to choose a new name for the character when you log in to the server."

Just logged in to the PVE server, and experienced 400ms+ latency.

Guess I'm staying on the US servers, which gives me about 200-250ms.

Unfortunately, without placing a server in every country, it's impossible to ensure lower latency for all. We'll continue to monitor reports of latency issues for anomalies.

Adding servers in every country that can play The Old Republic is not feasible. However, as anyone playing The Old Republic is able to login to any server or choose any server region, you are not restricted in where you play, and can find the best latency for you.

Good morning. First of all, if you haven't seen the FAQ already, I wanted to let you know it's now been updated.

I understand the frustration, and if we had details that we were ready to share, we'd share them. We don't yet.

As I mentioned previously, more information on the character transfer process, especially in regards to things such as Legacy levels, will be released closer to when character transfer is available (currently scheduled for late April).

The Legacy system complicates the character transfer system considerably. We're aware of the implications with transfers though and working to try and ensure the smoothest transition for those with Legacy levels.

General character transfer will follow after the optional one-off transfer already announced for Asia-Pacific players.

From the FAQ:

"If your character name is already taken on the destination server, your character will be transferred, but you will be prompted to choose a new name for the character when you log in to the server."

Unfortunately, without placing a server in every country, it's impossible to ensure lower latency for all. We'll continue to monitor reports of latency issues for anomalies.

Adding servers in every country that can play The Old Republic is not feasible. However, as anyone playing The Old Republic is able to login to any server or choose any server region, you are not restricted in where you play, and can find the best latency for you.

Somehow it feels as if Bioware have no clue what to do with the transfers and are trying to delay as long as possible.

Saying it's an Asia Pacific Launch and then having to play on US servers for best performance - FAIL

From the FAQ:

So no indication of why we need to wait 6-8 weeks for transfers for our characters? Needless to say this decision is causing angst and confusion amongst many of our guild members, particularly given some of them are outside the free transfer zones (Japan).

Regardless, if you're not going to tell us why there's such a big delay, I think it's important that the following three questions are answered so that people and guilds can work out a plan of action:

1. Are the free transfers going to be able to choose whichever Asia/Pacific server they like? (If transfers are blocked to any of the new servers due to population, there's going to be issues with guild members rolling new characters on the current new servers)

2. Are 'transfer' servers (ie servers that are only going to be open to free transfers initially) going to be implemented when the transfers take place? (Again, no point for guild members to roll new characters on the new servers if everyone's existing characters are going to be on a separate server)

3. Are guild members who are in the same time zone, but not necessarily in one of the supported countries (like Japan), going to be able to make 'paid' transfers at or around the time of the free transfers?

Is the EARLY march character transfers for asia pacific going to include our legacy lvls? straight out answer will be appreciated.

Is the EARLY march character transfers for asia pacific going to include our legacy lvls? straight out answer will be appreciated.

The transfers (ie the free ones) aren't happening until late April. They'll be sending an 'email' in early March with information about it. It's in the FAQ.

Edited by JRonnie

judging by his post that is a yes that is why they are now scheduled on late april because if the legacy system is not a problem now then they can right away. read between the lines.