S-13 Sting

OpeningToEndgame

That's the second scout, right?

1) game duration - if each side holds one beacon and the third one is conquered over and over again, the game lasts longer and it is easier to get higher numbers (at least I think that's true, sorry if it is a lie)

2) enemy - if the enemy has like 5 unorganized gunships, you can literally eat them with your scout, that's a ton of damage

3) shoot everything - even when you aren't going for a kill, send a volley to every ship that comes in range

4) don't care for objectives - it's the wrong thing to do, but if someone is just a kill/damage collector, whatever.

I have managed 48k with my NovaDive once, and the above was what I was doing. I can imagine people with the stronger firepower of Flashfire (or Sting) can achieve insane damage numbers in these occasions.

It partly depends on what your enemy is doing. I've had matches where we dominated, but I didn't do much damage simply because the enemy wasn't mounting any kind of offensive, and I couldn't find things to kill. On the other hand, if you control a couple satellites, and the enemy is constantly attacking them, you have the opportunity to rack up a lot of damage and kills, regardless of the ship your flying. I've dealt 40k+ damage in my Novadive in the latter situation, although I could have probably done more if I was in my Flashfire.

Doing 50k damage in a match. How is this possible, aside from it being fully upgraded? What kind of build would allow that? Yes, it matters who is piloting, but goodness. My Blackbolt MIGHT do 15k if I am lucky.

I had over 50k damage in a slightly upgraded Blackbolt, yesterday. All I did was hunting gunships (the brain-afk, sitting-duck type of gunships, not the organized ones) and shooting turrets.

I had 14 kills and 11 assists in that match.

Edited by Sindariel

I can manage around 30-40k damage in my novadive and flashfire, as long as luck is on my side, and I dont even have most of the upgrades yet. It just means that you're spending more time shooting things than flying around capturing objectives.

you'll find the idiots who do huge damage, actually contribute precisely sweet, and the ****, of all, to the match, objective wise.

all they're doing is farming the bads fighting nowhere near points, derping around in open space being douchey.

but then again, i do 20 K plus routinely by actually playing the match to the objective, as a team.

On Defence