[16 Man Timed Run] Dragonslayer Severity Gaming?

Tuesday, August 20th @ 630pm CST

Join us tonight as Severity Gaming takes on Dash'roode, Titan 6, Thrasher, Operations Chief, Olok, Cartel Warlords, and Dreadmaster Styrak for the millionth time! (Only this time it will be timed and nightmare mode) Cheer us on, root against us, or just troll this thread and our streams!

All of this epic adventure will occur tonight! We'll start around 630pm CST with two live streams.

Healer POV:

http://www.twitch.tv/ariss_sg

Tank POV:

http://www.twitch.tv/thinmintz

Be there, or don't, whichever! Either way it will be a blast.

nah 8m. Precision ftw

Meh. I find 16-m requires its players to be more "precise" in terms of mechanics. But that's just me. Talking about placement of circles and not stepping into circles. I miss the freedom of movement i get as Saboteur in 8-man. There was one time i "slipped" and stepped into somebody's Air Strike reticle because Titan-6 was crowded with 2 Sentinels, 2 Tanks and 2 Sab Slingers in melee range. -.- So as a Sab slinger, i go to be more "precise" right there rolling directions.

Edited by paowee

That's coordination, not precision. The argument is that 16 man requires more coordination but individual mistakes or underperformance are generally less punishing to the raid's success than in 8 man. Edited by FridgeLM

individual mistakes or underperformance are generally less punishing to the raid's success than in 8 man.

I can agree with this. DPS underperformance is a particular major c***block in 8-man NiM mode.

Edited by paowee

That's coordination, not precision. The argument is that 16 man requires more coordination but individual mistakes or underperformance are generally less punishing to the raid's success than in 8 man.

Where that may be the case; the inverse other is true for 8 man. Precision being required for 8 man and not coordination. In one difficulty mode, it focus's on an individuals performance (precision) and in the other the focus is on team performance (coordination). In arguing wether 8 or 16 is more difficult one must decide weather coordination or precision is more difficult. On top of that, add in the fact that (in Severity's case at least) most 16 man guilds can hand pick their best 8 and have them on par or even better then the current 8 man guilds makes the whole argument in favor of the 16 man teams.

TL;DR Less QQ and more pew pew from 8 man guilds in a 16 man instance please. K thanks bai!

Reminds me a lot of arena superstars in wow and how they'd brag about how easy it'd be for them to form a top tier raiding guild from the ranks of pure pvpers.

I followed a few who tried, they didn't see much success.

Which group are you talking about now, the 16m guilds who say 8m is easy, or the 8m guilds that say 16m is easy?

Which group are you talking about now, the 16m guilds who say 8m is easy, or the 8m guilds that say 16m is easy?

We have one group of people making the claim that they could easily perform something another group of people are doing. I drew an analogy between that and a fairly similar scenario.

I thought that'd be clear enough.

I have nothing but respect for DnT guys. Even when you had to go through that whole 8man ordeal on tfb, it happened and you trucked along. I'm sure with your leadership, if you had the opportunity, you would rather take on the 16m than the 8m.

The whole precision thing really makes no sense after a certain point. I caught a stream of DnT a couple of weeks ago, and you had many 8m attempts on TFB with a dps down for two tenticles phases in phase 2 and still was able to almost squeak it out. But you make it seem like, as soon as anyone dies in 8m its game over, when clearly its not.

Once you have competent dps, its not an issue anymore. It has not been an issue where omg, we only have dps that can do 2900 and we need 3100. Dps is the easiest thing to do in the game, so once you have competent dps, it comes down to mechanics and coordination. This whole precision thing sounds like a made up conjecture to prop up a certain point of view. instead I would expect people to step up and think outside the box Or more to the point, once you have good enough dps to be precise, the real challenge kicks in 16, where it is lacking 8m.

pre·ci·sion

priˈsiZHənSubmit

noun

the quality, condition, or fact of being exact and accurate.

"the deal was planned and executed with military precision"

synonyms: exactness, exactitude, accuracy, correctness, preciseness

co·or·di·na·tion

kōˌôrdnˈāSHənSubmit

noun

the organization of the different elements of a complex body or activity so as to enable them to work together effectively.

"both countries agreed to intensify efforts at economic policy coordination"

Now that that is cleared up can we move on? I wish you guys the best of luck in your title run next week I hope you guys get it.

pre·ci·sion

priˈsiZHənSubmit

noun

the quality, condition, or fact of being exact and accurate.

"Our 8-man was was planned and executed with military precision. Quick target switches to ciphas to squeeze in extra DPS preventing 3 lightning surges, lightning fast heals for when the tank gets spiked in Thrasher where a vanish res is almost not an option, and quick taunts and huge tank threat generationon on P1 tentacles because DPS needs to go all out due to their short enrage timer.

12 of 13 minutes into Styrak fight. B'oarderline dies standing in front of Thundering Blast. WIPE IT. Can't do this with one down and we have no battle/vanish res."

co·or·di·na·tion

kōˌôrdnˈāSHənSubmit

noun

the organization of the different elements of a complex body or activity so as to enable them to work together effectively.

"Our 16-man was planned and executed with military coordination. Playing mindfully on Dread Guard council's P1 and P2 because there are double the people in one confined room. Careful positioning as a Saboteur/Engineer because there really is not enough room in Titan-6 melee range, to eat Air Strikes and kill your raid with rolling Lots of Missiles, and making sure the right group falls on the right quadrant when Thrasher does his knock up sub 50%.

"16-m Thrasher. We're missing 1 DPS in G3!! Oh he didn't make it on time.. Snipers proceed to wipe raid."

Now that that is cleared up can we move on? I wish you guys the best of luck in your title run next week I hope you guys get it.

Edit* :)

It'd be nice to see how the other 16-m attempted the "new" Thrasher and doing it the "intended" way. I think there's about ~6 seconds your group can reposition before getting knocked up? Having 3 tanks or 2 tanks and a DPS Jugg stance swap, will make this fight a lot easier too.

Edited by paowee