Most complex class?

UruGhul

Well, I will weigh in. I play Guardian DPS and use a 17 button Razer Naga (ok, two are mouse clicks) and have each button in use during almost every lengthy fight along with other abilities. Guardian seem to have a fairly lengthy priority/rotation system.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true why are they the most numerous class when I do /who? Seem to be more of them that sages/sorcs and BHs now. I find it hard to beleive they are all pro gamers with razer nagas, $200 gaming keyboards, and can use 30+ keybinds like its second nature.

I have both a BH and a Marauder both to 50. I can easily say the Marauder is a lot more complex and difficult to play than BH, so many more keybindings and things to keep track of

If this is true why are they the most numerous class when I do /who? Seem to be more of them that sages/sorcs and BHs now. I find it hard to beleive they are all pro gamers with razer nagas, $200 gaming keyboards, and can use 30+ keybinds like its second nature.

With an exception for the ability to press multiple keybinds, you don't need any of that gimmicky "gaming" rubbish to be good.

I think both of the pure DPS ACs (Marauder/Sniper and Sentinel/Gunslinger) are slightly more complicated to play (both skill floor and ceiling) than the other ACs, but it's not by a huge margin. BH/Trooper seem slightly less complicated in either AC than the rest as well.

There's this advance class called a sniper that is way harder to play compared to a marauder. Why? because snipers have no defensive cooldowns compared to marauders. Marauders can herp derp and get away with their force camo and speed bonus. snipers have no speed or "a click once and get away button"

There's this advance class called a sniper that is way harder to play compared to a marauder. Why? because snipers have no defensive cooldowns compared to marauders. Marauders can herp derp and get away with their force camo and speed bonus. snipers have no speed or "a click once and get away button"

Their the same class except the Marauder/Sentinel has to run around in melee and juggle two resources (Fury/Centering on top of Rage/Focus) and Sniper/Gunslinger has to maintain range and use cover effectively.

I would say Sniper/Gunslinger is harder because the cover system is clunky (Hunker Down and maybe Entrench are broken and do not provide CC immunity for all 20 seconds in many cases...) and you have to be kiting enemies constantly while trying your best to deal damage. However, Sharpshooter/Marksman builds are easier than the hardest Marauder/Sentinel specs.

Marksman Sniper!

Someone told me that Mercs and Powertechs just cycle through like 3-4 powers and I got angry lol.

In PVP i use 2 WHOLE ability bars worth of abilities.

Keeping track of all that in the heat of combat is not for the faint of heart.

Marauders have a lot of abilites too but even in the worst situations they can just pop their CDs and be invincible for a bit. Snipers have a bunch of semi CDs they have to maintain to survive and kill. Not to mention postiioning with cover!

Most other classes can just get up in your face but you have to be very careful where you park it.

I'm one of them bro.

Heh, no. Only people who have never played Marauder or only played Marauder can say that. What you say is completely delusional.

Anyone who played another class then Mara/Sent would immediately realise just how much more complex the class is. My first character was a Commando, and that class was a lot less challenging than the Mara I'm playing now.

marauders are about as complex as guardians. I know because I have both, marauder in BM/champion, guardian in BM/rakata/war hero. Marauder only seems more complicated because they have a lot of useless abilities that are never used.

Really? becuz I used up all the skills but sweeping slash, becuz it cost a lot rage that it just not worth it in pvp.

marauders are about as complex as guardians. I know because I have both, marauder in BM/champion, guardian in BM/rakata/war hero. Marauder only seems more complicated because they have a lot of useless abilities that are never used.
Edited by EugeneYap

I cant understand why operatives/scoundrels are hard to play for you all.. Concealment just got one out of stealth rotation abd one without, lethality has to manage 2 dots and TA procs(cant say something about the healer). Both trees got about 3 defense cds.

Snipers/Slingers are hard to play when they are under pressure, but in every other situation they are just 5-6key facerollers.

Personally i find pyro-powertechs are not that easy to play, post 1.2 its really hard for me to get perfect PPA streaks

But i share the opinion that sents/maras are the hardest to play, especially combat, watching out for ataru procs for the autocrits, armorpen+cripplingthrow+masterstrike combos....(all of my impressions are pre 50)

Sorry for my bad english

My tank shadow isn't necessarily difficult to play but I tend to have a lot more binds than most screen shots I have seen of other classes.

Also there is a lot more to skill than managing a difficult rotation especially in pvp. Tank guardians for instance have a lot cc/utility at their disposal which needs to be used correctly at the right time, this sort of decision making requires experience and skill, a very complex spec imo.

who plays a game just to be bad. Thats just absurd. Why would you purposely pick a class you are terrible at? I mean do some people actually enjoy being bad....Wait nm having played WoW for 5 years I guess some players actually do try and enjoy being the worst players in the world.

They don´t know theyre bad ;-)

Edited by Uvirith

I have:

a level 50 Sniper

a level 50 Assassin

a level 50 Mercenary

a level 29 Marauder

If I had to rate them most difficult to least difficult it would be:

1. Sniper

2. Marauder

3. Assassin

4. Mercenary

But I haven't played a Marauder at 50 yet, so I don't know how it stacks up at that level. For now I consider Sniper to be the most difficult, great ST damage if you know how, but very unforgiving of mistakes. Marauder has more defensive cooldowns, so more ways to make up for mistakes.

Edited by Rhaphael

Because they are the new FOTM-class.

Even if you can´t play that class you will get even with competent people playing most other classes.

And if you are better than it gets even easier to defeat most other classes.

I have both marauder and sniper, marauder is much easier. Its been confirmed by bioware devs that sniper is a very difficult class to play comparatively and in fact most of the QQ about sniper dps is because of this, only the top % of players can actually attain comparable dps. Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content

i do not believe that mara is anymore difficult to play then any other class...i do NOT consider rotations and button presses a difficulty factor... rotations you either find out or, look it up and problem solved. Difficulty comes into play more along the lines of...how does your class stack up in hands of your average player. I always choose average since, a class in hands of an elite player will always be top notch...anyway! i do feel mara/sent is STRONG but complex? as far as i can tell its about, refreshing dots, using your cooldowns at the right time and keeping close...is pretty much standard of any melee class and i don't consider that " hard " by any stretch. Much of mara's issues early on revolve around GEAR! because they are highly gear dependent and MANY players felt sub-par in early stages of the game do to this fact. Once players had some gear they were wrecking people left and right... before 1.2 mara was most feared class in general for myself just because of there high damage.

After 1.2 nothing changed massively for the mara as far as i can tell they didnt get a massive buff...what HAPPEND was they nerfed healers, and almost every other single class to some extent got a nerf(even annihilation mara's did i a little). At the end of the day what we are seeing now is a byproduct of sweeping nerfs with out compensation... and over all nerf to healing means people are dieing easier. SO OF COURSE! a pure dps class with a healing debuff is going to seem alot stronger for it!

Reason mara and shadows feel the strongest right now(and i feel shadow/assassin is probably stronger then a mara do to more tools) is because they were the least effected by the patch. The patch went to far in some areas and are some classes/trees just need worked on... this game is in its " balance " life phase....and this may well continue for many many MANY months probably right up till first xpac...my hope is that they revamp some of the trees and specs in that xpac and get them functioning properly.

that is my take on it at any rate.

Edited by Lokai