can u deconstruct a purple and get heroic item?

CypherFett

I've only RE'd the ones I was wearing and outgrew while leveling and haven't gotten anything except ingrediants back yet but it is too small a sample (maybe five items?) to have it mean anything yet. Hopefully more people who have done it will post as well.

I've RE 6 Artifact guns in a row without gaining any recipe, then again I just did 20 blue blasters without an Artifact recipe... About to give up on crafting, such a huge money sink - could have bought 6 guns to last me up until the 40's with the amount of money put in attempting an artifact recipe.

• 8 years later...
this is a very good question.

that would be great if someone can post a simple answer.

The short answer is not the same as it was eight years ago when those people were posting.

"Levelling" gear (usable by levels below 75) does not even *have* a craftable legendary (yellow) tier, so no, of course youi can't.

Top-level gear (268+ rating) does have a legendary tier, at least for gear pieces and ordinary mod-objects. You open the first craftable tier of legendaries by deconstructing the top craftable tier of purples that you crafted yourself, but the chance of getting the yellow schematic are very low, probably something like 5% per try.

anyone know this? I am afraid to reverse engineer one if it doesnt do anything.

Its not really hard. Click on the deconstruct button, and when you hover your mouse pointer over the item, it will tell you "No research available" or "X% chance to learn a schematic."

The tooltip will tell you if there is a chance and even how much that chance is.

Its not really hard. Click on the deconstruct button, and when you hover your mouse pointer over the item, it will tell you "No research available" or "X% chance to learn a schematic."

The tooltip will tell you if there is a chance and even how much that chance is.

(Shakes head in despair.) You are now officially the victim of a necrotiser.