Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

It's definitely beautifully made, but I don't know… I don't feel like it really looks like him. Too much facial hair, perhaps? Or.. too pretty looking? Maybe I just like him better from the left side ;)

Oh it is definitely his good side. :p And there are indeed more facial hair. I think that I haven't seen any art displaying his scars that seemed nice so far...

I know! I'm quite a busy contributor to that list ;) But thanks for reminding me. Just added another track last night that I feel suits him :)

Ah, I'm sorry, of course you contributed a lot. And I remember a few exchanges now. Sorry for being crap at remembering who said what. My brain is stuffed with too many things at the same time.

This Night! I like this song. :) Keep adding! ;)

And concerning your fan fiction... Sharing exposes to critics, but on the other hand it is always nice and motivating when you are getting feedbacks. Up to you! ;)

Oh it is definitely his good side. :p And there are indeed more facial hair. I think that I haven't seen any art displaying his scars that seemed nice so far...

Ah, I'm sorry, of course you contributed a lot. And I remember a few exchanges now. Sorry for being crap at remembering who said what. My brain is stuffed with too many things at the same time.

This Night! I like this song. :) Keep adding! ;)

And concerning your fan fiction... Sharing exposes to critics, but on the other hand it is always nice and motivating when you are getting feedbacks. Up to you! ;)

The scars are such a big part of what I like about his look, I guess I just feel like not showing them is a wasted opportunity :p But yeah, I haven't actually seen any fanart that did it well, either. Would love to see some official concept art of him unmasked, but none exists as far as I know.

This has probably already been discussed loads before, but I always wondered how Arcann feels about his scars. I get the impression that they really don't bother him, probably because he never brings them up in conversation and because of a few lines in that last romance letter ("I no longer need to hide"), which indicates to me that the mask is mostly about other things (performing the various roles as a weapon, prince, and emperor that he has adopted to protect/hide his true self).

And no worries! I don't post nearly often enough to expect to be recognised :)

I'll keep adding to the list! And maybe some day I'll be brave enough to share the fanfic :o

The scars are such a big part of what I like about his look, I guess I just feel like not showing them is a wasted opportunity :p But yeah, I haven't actually seen any fanart that did it well, either. Would love to see some official concept art of him unmasked, but none exists as far as I know.

This has probably already been discussed loads before, but I always wondered how Arcann feels about his scars. I get the impression that they really don't bother him, probably because he never brings them up in conversation and because of a few lines in that last romance letter ("I no longer need to hide"), which indicates to me that the mask is mostly about other things (performing the various roles as a weapon, prince, and emperor that he has adopted to protect/hide his true self).

We discussed it a bit a few months ago if I remember well. And it has most probably been discussed before I started hanging around here too. But we can go back to it. :)

It is unclear how he feels about them but he is not covering them anymore at least. I would personally not expect him to be ashamed about them per se. He might have a specific relationship with them because of how he got them, but then it is distinct from any appearance concern.

A lot of fan fictions show Arcann as rather ashamed of his scars and his global appearance and sure that he could not win someone's heart because of them. I stand among those who do not think that it is the case, which does not mean that his scars could not have another painful meaning for him and potentially be a reminder of his own past foolishness.

Do you know the Brothers short story? It tells the story of when he got his scars. The POV is Thexan and I really like it a lot. There are some interesting things mentioned there. First, that the mask was specifically made to be inztimidating. Then, that Arcann, at that time, considered the loss of his arm ad his scars to be the first tribute needed on the path of greatness/approbation from his father/whatever else he was chasing and that there would be other sacrifices (he probably did not expect his brother to be the next one...).

Edited by Iheaca

Long chapter, and a nice one.

I laughted at the "black sabbac" name :D

Funny thing is that i watched "The Revenant" yesterday night :eek:

Thank you. :o

I actually did not create the name. Aygo truly invites Black Sabacc to the base when we reach influence 10 with him, he tells us about it in a mail. 😁

I.. have a lot of catching up to do :o (reading)

Logged in today for the first time in.. omg so long. I don't remember anything in my strongholds (decorations layout) and I don't even know anymore which characters have done what, and which romanced who. Was on one of my many SW's and had to go through all possible LI's for a fem sw until I realised she was with Arcann now.

I have a headache, I no longer know which of my characters supported who, killed who, saved who lmao.

Nice to see this thread still going! I just resubbed after a few months and rerolled a Jedi Knight intent on Doc for the new upcoming content...but alas I've been going through all my old screenshots. Two JC"s one that romanced Arcann and one Theron, then my Cathar Knight that caught herself a Theron.

Now I am stuck because I want to romance Arcann and Theron again...such is life lol.

Nice to see this thread still going! I just resubbed after a few months and rerolled a Jedi Knight intent on Doc for the new upcoming content...but alas I've been going through all my old screenshots. Two JC"s one that romanced Arcann and one Theron, then my Cathar Knight that caught herself a Theron.

Now I am stuck because I want to romance Arcann and Theron again...such is life lol.

Same issue here. ;)

I am storming through the chapters currently but with a girl who is and will remain with Lana. And when I'm done, I really want to experience the whole romance with Theron (because I dumped him with my SI) and have another one with Arcann. Now I must decide which of my Jedi Knight and my agent will be with whom (both are with Theron right now).

What a Cornelian choice to make...

Hey hi Asmodesu, long time no see... :)

Edited by Iheaca

Same issue here. ;)

I am storming through the chapters currently but with a girl who is and will remain with Lana. And when I'm done, I really want to experience the whole romance with Theron (because I dumped him with my SI) and have another one with Arcann. Now I must decide which of my Jedi Knight and my agent will be with whom (both are with Theron right now).

Hey hi Asmodesu, long time no see... :)

I know how you feel.

I had a hard time choosing between Arcann and Theron for my JK, went for Theron with her in the end and have Arcann with my SW.

My first IA was with Theron too, but she broke up with him when Vector came back. To me she sounded happier to see Vector during the 2 min cutscene than she appeared to be during all her time with Theron, while my JK always sounded like the happiest person in the galaxy whenever she was seeing Theron.

So i absolutely don't regret my choice as i really feel my JK works far better than my IA with him, but that's the french voicing, it may sound completely different in english, and it also depends on the characters personnalities.

The best is probably to see which of your two characters you feel works better with him and go for it.

Edited by Goreshaga

I know how you feel.

I had a hard time choosing between Arcann and Theron for my JK, went for Theron with her in the end and have Arcann with my SW.

My first IA was with Theron too, but she broke up with him when Vector came back. To me she sounded happier to see Vector during the 2 min cutscene than she appeared to be during all her time with Theron, while my JK always sounded like the happiest person in the galaxy whenever she was seeing Theron.

So i absolutely don't regret my choice as i really feel my JK works far better than my IA with him, but that's the french voicing, it may sound completely different in english, and it also depends on the characters personnalities.

The best is probably to see which of your two characters you feel works better with him and go for it.

Yes, I'll have to see this. My JK has an undefined personality. She is definitely the nicest girl in the Universe... which I usually find close to be the dumbest as well. Damn, I hate playing Jedi in fact. On the Republic side, troopers and scoundrels are nice because they do not need to be overly good but Jedi? Bah... I find it easier to play a not too bad person than a nice one, but that's just me. :D

So for the moment I was thinking that my IA would remain with Theron and the JK with Arcann, but I'll see when I get to that part. Both can be with Theron at first anyway (yeah, dumping Theron does not bother me at all :p).

For the moment, Arcann is the only LI which I could not imagine dumping (I haven't tried all of them yet). He looks so desperately happy to finally have someone caring about him that it makes me feel hopelessly romantic. :p

I think that a second one may be Aric Jorgan (I'm not done with him yet). And Nyx dumped Andronikos but I kind of regret it somehow (I think that it might show a little in my fic :p).

Edited by Iheaca

Yes, I'll have to see this. My JK has an undefined personality. She is definitely the nicest girl in the Universe... which I usually find close to be the dumbest as well. Damn, I have playing Jedi in fact. On the Republic side, troopers and scoundrels are nice because they do not need to be overly good but Jedi? Bah... I find it easier to play a not too bad person than a nice one, but that's just me. :D

So for the moment I was thinking that my IA would remain with Theron and the JK with Arcann, but I'll see when I get to that part. Both can be with Theron at first anyway (yeah, dumping Theron does not bother me at all :p).

For the moment, Arcann is the only LI which I could not imagine dumping (I haven't tried all of them yet). He looks so desperately happy to finally have someone caring about him that it makes me feel hopelessly romantic. :p

I think that a second one may be Aric Jorgan (I'm not done with him yet). And Nyx dumped Andronikos but I kind of regret it somehow (I think that it might show a little in my fic :p).

Well my JK is LS but she has a somewhat snarky personnality and can be sassy at times (it particularly shows every time Doc is hitting on her) :D

And while she mostly hides it she's sometimes short tempered, but she's still quite good at keeping her emotions under control, most of the time at least.

So she's pretty good, but not overly good, this would probably be my JC, he's just probably the kindest guy in the galaxy (but he was raised by the Jedi while she was not).

About dumping, i don't think my JK will ever dump Theron, my RT will never dump Jorgan, and i don't think my SW will ever try to find anyone else than Arcann. About the others, i don't really know, i'll see how it goes for them.

I know how you feel.

Same issue here. ;)

I know that feel, I am slugging through story right now on Nar Shadda and I am dreading Balmorra, I kinda wish I used my Cathar JK on Doc instead of this girl. Really enjoying playing her as a spunky-sweet Knight. Scourge is definitely going to have issues with her:p Definitely looking forward to see how she turns out come Alderaan.

All my characters are voraciously monogamous, Mated for life, and it makes it easier to avoid temptation. My Trooper, is with Elara, my JK is with Kira, my Fem Agent is with Vector, my Male Agent is with Shara (he will find her again), my JC will be Arcann's and my SW is with Vette. I spent so much time creating a culture for my Legacy that I'm never tempted.

Mandalorians are also pretty Monogamous so my BH couldn't even think of abandoning Theron. Also, her backstory is full of abandonment issues as it is.

I think Arcann will really benefit from a voraciously monogamous partner though. It'll help heal the breach loosing Thexan created.

All my characters are voraciously monogamous, Mated for life, and it makes it easier to avoid temptation. My Trooper, is with Elara, my JK is with Kira, my Fem Agent is with Vector, my Male Agent is with Shara (he will find her again), my JC will be Arcann's and my SW is with Vette. I spent so much time creating a culture for my Legacy that I'm never tempted.

Mandalorians are also pretty Monogamous so my BH couldn't even think of abandoning Theron. Also, her backstory is full of abandonment issues as it is.

I think Arcann will really benefit from a voraciously monogamous partner though. It'll help heal the breach loosing Thexan created.

I don't know. I guess that we all have our styles and ways of approachignt things. :) My SI has been with Andronikos and Theron but is with Arcann now and will stay with him unless... you never know. But so far he is the one for her and I could not decide otherwise. So she has not been monogamous at all and I don't care, they are toons in a MMO after all, nobody's hurt in the process. ;) I go for who fits the best. I loved Andronikos when she was with him until he started speaking about kids and a wedding. It felt weird. Then Theron's romance always felt weird to me too, he was too kind and clumsy for her. The lady needed a Force wielder and someone matching her, now she finally has Arcann. It feels like a normal trial and error thing. ;)

Most of my others are pretty monogamous for the moment but it might change.

My JK, well her relationship with Doc is a bit complicated, he clealy tried everything he could to get her but she was pretty much going from "damn guy you're annoying, leave me alone if you don't want to drink your food and want to keep your manly parts" to "well deep down you're not that bad but i'm a Jedi", so she never allowed herself to be with him, but there were time when he was pretty close to succed, but it was an instant game over for him the minute Theron came in.

My SW was with Quinn but ended their relationship after the Quinncident and stayed single for a long time before falling for Arcann.

I think my trooper had a thing for Jonas, but it went pretty much nowhere and she's now with Jorgan and will probably stay with him untill one of them dies.

My BH is with Torian and has never been with anyone else since then, though Torian's father told her that if he was younger he's marry her (that was a bit akward yet pretty funny).

My IA is with Vector but never hesitates to use her charms if needed. She had a thing with Saganu too. I don't know where she'll go next, i consider Vector to have died during the 5 years timeskip as he'll probably never have any part to play in the story ever again, that also give her another motivation to turn definitively against the Empire (he was probably used as cannon fodder along his Killik friends by the Empire against Zakuul). If Jonas becomes a LI for every class, i may consider trying them together, we'll see.

My smuggler, i'll try to romance Akaavi with him to see how it goes, but i'm not set for him yet. All i know so far is that he has rejected that girl on Ord Mantell and Beryl on Taris).

My SI is gay so right now he's pretty much single.

And my JC is pretty much the perfect Jedi so he's single too. I actually don't even know if he likes men or women or just have no interest at all in any of them.

I have a female smuggler who goes for pretty much every man she can find (poor Corso has a hard time with this one) :D

Edited by Goreshaga

I don't mean to cramp anyone's style but like I said my main Legacy have a very strict culture. My Original Revan and Exile (the REAL ones) had a culture I developed for myself many moons ago (God I am old.) and since my Legacy are their decedents (except my BH) I wanted to keep that culture alive.

I've been going through the chapters with my SW recently (not done yet). It feels strange to go back to "bad Arcann" when I have another character romancing him. And well, I must say that they did a pretty good job, I still want to punch his bad self each time I meet him, event though I am totally into the other version of him. :D

*waves at Iheaca*

I'm currently sad I don't have a character that is right now up to SoR. I wanted to see some specific dialogues again. lmao. replay cutscenes option needed! kidding... kind of

Evil-Arcann still makes a big impact on me when my characters first meet him. That'll never change. Some characters just stick with me, and mean a lot - good or bad - to the stories.