Ridiculous healing for level 55 flashpoints

I'm reading this thread and this is "Droids in Athiss" idea keeps popping up. What droids in Aithiss? I've done that FP 55 HM a few times and never come across any droids at all in that FP am i missing something?

Droids before first boss

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know these flashpoints wouldn't be so bad, if people would actually utilize cc.

like aforementioned droids in Atthiss - they are in 2 groups and without fail, I see tanks only grab the ones on one side, ignoring the one the other side. you try to cc them and THEN people stop ignoring them, long enough to break cc and then stop hitting them again >_>

my first 55 flashpoint I ran, was on my sorc about 2 weeks after expansion (Candemimu to be precise) and while I actually did luck out on a group (aka - dps was pretty high, and tank actually held most of the aggro off me, with exception of few weak mobs here and there), and we had no wipes and I think one death the entire time, by the end of it I was literally fuzzy with exhaustion.

it took everything I had out of me.

now granted, I had mostly campaign gear (with set bonuses) and a few pieces of basic with lvl 54 implants I crafted (not the rep recipes, but rather reverse engineered trainer ones).

however. mobs hit much MUCH harder, defensive stats for tanks don't work as well as they used to and without the use of cc, I had to do a lot of very frantic heal spamming, where I would forgo most of my force regeneration in favor of using that GCD for another, necessary heal.

last night - ran a few flashpoints on an operative healing alt I have with guild tank and dps, all 3 of them ops geared and augmented. and believe it or not, our tank was actually harder for me to heal then he is in our TFB or scum and villainy runs. he's very good at using defensive CD's but there were moments when he would drop to 50% and under pretty rapidly. mainly on trash. I swear bosses in 55 hardmodes are easier than trash.

pugs are exhausting on a healer and the worst part is that most people don't even realize how much of a difference a good healer makes. but just because we can make it LOOK easy doesn't mean it actually is.

I used to be able to get away with almost no min maxing with everything but Lost Island and even Lost island post nerf was very doable. I'm now seriously considering investing into augments for every healing character I might be doing end game stuff with, and thinking about permanently switching to dps on my vanguard and jugg :/

Droids before first boss

OHHHHHHHH lol thanks I kept thinking it was some sort of hidden boss fight truthfully I wasn't even aware they attacked with a stackable de-buff (perhaps I'm lucky enough to run with a healer that pre-emptively cleanses), those are easy if you CC and kill order. Basic multiple mob pull control. But easily troublesome if you run in first attempt not knowing they swarm and especially if you don't kill the dogs nearby as they can usually pull during the fight. Which brings me to another point of there are way to many fracking dogs in these 55 HM's

you know these flashpoints wouldn't be so bad, if people would actually utilize cc.

You don't need CCs, you just need people to not be dumb. Like the pull with the 2 gold droids early in Hammer Station. I was tanking this on my guardian, and just before the pull I see the healer say "I'll CC shield". At which point I lept to shield, hit saber reflect, built up some more AoE threat, and used my AoE taunt when it seemed appropriate along with another defensive CD. Everything died, my health never dropped below 60%, and nothing ever hit either DPS or the healer.

I responded in chat "not necessary ;-)"

You don't need CCs, you just need people to not be dumb. Like the pull with the 2 gold droids early in Hammer Station. I was tanking this on my guardian, and just before the pull I see the healer say "I'll CC shield". At which point I lept to shield, hit saber reflect, built up some more AoE threat, and used my AoE taunt when it seemed appropriate along with another defensive CD. Everything died, my health never dropped below 60%, and nothing ever hit either DPS or the healer.

Hate to burst your bubble but this was not because you were so good. This was because the healer was vastly out gearing the place and you didn't had clueless dps

Hate to burst your bubble but this was not because you were so good. This was because the healer was vastly out gearing the place and you didn't had clueless dps

You are correct, it wasn't just me. But the healer didn't vastly outgear the place...some 69s and augments, but at ~28k health, hardly overgeared. Everyone did their jobs, and nobody was dumb.

My point wasn't that I was uber-special...it is that CCs are mostly only needed to make up for bad tanks or healers, or if both are really undergeared.

Saber reflect is awesome but not all tanks have it. CCs may not always be necessary but they are always a great habit to keep up so people know how to work around them when they are necessary.

You are correct, it wasn't just me. But the healer didn't vastly outgear the place...some 69s and augments, but at ~28k health, hardly overgeared. Everyone did their jobs, and nobody was dumb.

My point wasn't that I was uber-special...it is that CCs are mostly only needed to make up for bad tanks or healers, or if both are really undergeared.

If you are wearing BM or BM+ gear then you are out gearing the place.

If you are wearing BM or BM+ gear then you are out gearing the place.

That's basically true.

But NoFishing specifically stated the healer was wearing "some 69 gear"

Let's look at your original contradiction:

I hate to burst your bubble, but "some 69 gear" is not "vastly out gearing"

Edited by Khevar