Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

Roiz

Powertech specced as Pyrotech currently do an unbalanced amount of damage in warzones being above all other classes by a big margin. This is only one class has all its main attacks completly ignore target armor. This is only one class with all instant casts ranged attacks. Playstyle is rediculius, you run pressing few button and do crazy damage on the move slowing enemies at the same time. This class ruins PvP completly and it should be stopped.

PvP is about skills and tactics, with powertech you don't need this, just spam flame burst and railshot and see everyone dead.

The nerf powertech needs:

1. railshot should not ignore armor, for instant cast skill 30 meters range completly ignore armor is too OP.

2. Something should be done with flame burst. It is way too much having 10 meter range instant cast ability with no CD which do high damage, place dot, slow target and ignore armore at the same time. It shoul be placed on 10 seconds CD or have 1.5 sec cast time and it should not ignore armor.

Generally overall powertech damage ignoring target armor and spammable slow should be precisely reconsidered.

Powertech burns any class in seconds especially sages and operatives with no option to survive. many classes cannot play at all if powertech on them. I have powertech and burned other classes in seconds using very easy rotation. Usually good powertechs are on the top of every warzone damage with a gap about 100k - 200k to any othe class.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

This thread has been recreated because the previous version has exceeded our post threshold of 1,000 posts. Please continue to use this thread for any discussion on the Powertech Pyrotech and PvP

A reminder that regardless of the topic, it is part of our Rules of Conduct that:

• Never insult another member of the community.
  • Respect other community members, whether they agree with you or not.
  • Report, don't respond. Use the "flag" feature to report posts to our Community Team if you see someone breaking the rules – don't respond to them!
  • Don't make spam posts like "first," "in before the lock," or "bump."
  • Make constructive, on-topic posts that add to the discussion.

Thank you for understanding.

Edited by Noviru

They ignore armor is just crazy stupid in PVP as this gives a single class GOD MODE for kills at range.

Also as it is very hard to get away from one as Power Tech has way to many tools for never letting a target get away.

Yea a nerf of some kind is needed.

Edited by Metalmac

They ignore armor is just crazy stupid in PVP as this gives a single class GOD MODE for kills at range.

Also as it is very hard to get away from one as Power Tech has way to many tools for never letting a target get away.

God mode is the ability to one-shot people, fly around the map, and never die. Some armor pen on one ability, Rail Shot, doesn't make us a God mode class.

It's actually pretty easy, stun then sprint away, or stealth. We have a harpoon that's 30m range, but that's when you use your stun, after we harpoon you. Pyro has no movement increase abilities so we're pretty much tied as least mobile class in the game with Snipers, Operatives, and Mercs.

[quote name='iNeXxS']God mode is the ability to one-shot people, fly around the map, and never die. Some armor pen on one ability, Rail Shot, doesn't make us a God mode class. It's actually pretty easy, stun then sprint away, or stealth. We have a harpoon that's 30m range, but that's when you use your stun, after we harpoon you. Pyro has no movement increase abilities so we're pretty much tied as least mobile class in the game with Snipers, Operatives, and Mercs.[/QUOTE] How mobile do you have you be when your opponents only strategy[B][I] (by your admissions)[/I][/B] is to stun you and run away? You're argument is counter to your intent.

God mode is the ability to one-shot people, fly around the map, and never die. Some armor pen on one ability, Rail Shot, doesn't make us a God mode class.

It's actually pretty easy, stun then sprint away, or stealth. We have a harpoon that's 30m range, but that's when you use your stun, after we harpoon you. Pyro has no movement increase abilities so we're pretty much tied as least mobile class in the game with Snipers, Operatives, and Mercs.

Truth. Tough to beat 1v1, but not impossible. Kite and wait for harpoon to stun. If you're melee, get in that stun early so you can use it again, slow them, and run circles around them. Use your interrupts. Pick your spots to attack. Basically just know your opposition.

How mobile do you have you be when your opponents only strategy (by your admissions) is to stun you and run away?

You're argument is counter to your intent.

After the opponent stuns you and runs away, there's no way to finish the fight since Pyros cant catch up to the person running. It's also the same when the Pyro is losing and tries to run, there's no way since you cant get very far away from a class that can sprint or leap.

Kills at range? So you neither know or have a clue about how pyro works yus?

Rail shot 30m - needs targets burning to be used or incapped. Has a chance to be refreshed by Rocket Punch(60%) or Flame burst(30% ish)

Flame burst 10m - uses a fair about of heat and can be used roughly 4-5 times before you overheat and are useless.

Rocket Punch 4m - can refresh rail shot

So from 30m we can use IM (dot 1.6 ish HIGH heat cost) then hit you with one Railshot, every 15 seconds. thats pretty much our dps. which would kill you after awhile.

Rail shot is also white damage so it can miss, and it is migated by armour(10%) and shields.

So our ranged damage is a small dot and 1 skill every 15 seconds and you call this godmode?

And as for getting away from a PT there are lots of options - depending on your class. we only have 1 gap closer which is harpoon and it is on a 45 sec cooldown.

Op/scroundel - cloak/cc run away

Jugg/guard - push

Mara/sent - cloak/speed boost

Sniper/slinger - Knockback - cc run away cover kill as they walk very slowly towards you.

Other PTS - just die from each other.

Mercs/Commando - Knockback/cc then nuke from range

Sorc/sage - CC/knockback/force run

assa/shadow - knockback/tank/cc/cloak/forcerun

Edited by Oscibi

So from 30m we can use IM (dot 1.6 ish HIGH heat cost) then hit you with one Railshot, every 15 seconds. thats pretty much our dps. which would kill you after awhile.

Yes complain about the heat cost of an ability in your normal rotation.

Also its a good thing that hitting a burning target with Railshot vents heat isnt it?

Rail shot is also white damage so it can miss, and it is migated by armour(10%) and shields.

It is mitigated by 10% of armor not 10% of its damage. So agaisnt a Sorc, it is mitigated a grand total of 2% damage?That obviously a lot. Not even close to the 34% or so most Sorc attacks are reduced when hitting a PT.

Also you say it misses as if this happens frequently and not just went saber ward is up.

So our ranged damage is a small dot and 1 skill every 15 seconds and you call this dps?

I forgot that Thermal Detonator was removed from the game.

Edited by Gidoru

What i MEANT to say is that Flame Burst/ Ion Cell costs 16 heat for BH and 2 Ammo for Vanguards. I basically used Spanglish there using half terminology from both mirror classes, yet my point is still the same. 2 ammo or 16 heat are among your abilities with the lowest resource usage.

Furthermore, you are claiming that Pyro PTs should be first on the kill list because they die the quickest. So based on your own reasoning you are calling Pyro PTs the squishiest class and easiest class to kill in game. Are you willing to admit that you think Pyro PT's are the easiest class to kill in the game? Because if you're not then you need to change ur kill order to whatever other class you think is easier to kill first.

Edited by DimeStax

Yes complain about the heat cost of an ability in your rotation.

Also its a good thing that hitting a burning target with Railshot vents heat isnt it?

Yes But i didnt complain about heat cost - i mentioned it has a high heat cost so isnt spamable.

It is mitigated by 10% of armor not 10% of its damage. So agaisnt a Sorc, it is mitigated a grand total of 2% damage?That obviously a lot.

Also you say it misses as if this happens frequently and not just went saber ward is up.

Again Re read the post i didnt say 10% of its damage i said it migrated by armour (10%) and again learn to read I said that as its white damage it can miss. Not that it missed 80% of the time, just that it can miss.

I forgot that Thermal Detonator was removed from the game.

I forgot thermal detonator too. My bad.

So we can from 30 m do

Inc missle - no CD

Rail shot - 15s

Thermal dent - 15s

just epic...

Edited by Oscibi

Yes complain about the heat cost of an ability in your normal rotation.

It is mitigated by 10% of armor not 10% of its damage. So agaisnt a Sorc, it is mitigated a grand total of 2% damage?That obviously a lot.

Railshot only vents heat when PPA is up, which is only when we have been in 10m range.

Sorc is only 1/8 AC's in the game, there's also tank AC's who have 50% base damage reduction.

In full WH, your accuracy is still not 100%, which means that every class has over a 10% chance to dodge RS, while some tanks have over 20% chance to dodge it. Also, because it is ranged, tanks can shield it, and some tanks have nearly 50% absorption so that's half of the RS damage gone right there.

Edited by iNeXxS

Ok it is a TREND in EVERY MMO, and I mean EVERY MMO for a certain type of people, which is a large portion of the playerbase, to roll the FOTM. If all your complaints are valid, if PT Pyros are just insane godmode class, why has there NEVER been a time from BETA until NOW where Pyros are FOTM and being rolled left and right? In fact Pyros have had the potential to even bigger burst pre 1.2 with the chance to have a chain of back to back RSs and even THEN, they werent FOTM.

I am not saying that all classes are perfectly balanced, but when some of you come here, QQ like little babies with exaggerated and unfounded claims, you guys are REALLY begging for the L2P replies. Each one of you picked a specific class for specific untilities/abilities/and roles. You guys want to keep what you have, but also gain the same burst/damage of a Pyro. Well that wont happen. You want your class to play like a Pyro, then roll one, otherwise stick to your lightsabers, your CDs, your friend pulls/leaps, your immunity covers, your stealth and burst speeds.

Yes But i didnt complain about heat cost - i mentioned it has a high heat cost so isnt spamable.

Why would you spam a DoT in the first place? (AoE aside as the complaints are about single target dmg.) Seeing as you wouldnt i fail to see how this is even worth mentioning.

Thats kind of like saying you cant spam Lightning Storm to kill 1 player.

Again Re read the post i didnt say 10% of its damage i said it migrated by armour (10%) and again learn to read I said that as its white damage it can miss. Not that it missed 80% of the time, just that it can miss.

Seeing as you are listing these things to try to prove that Railshot isnt as good as most people seem to suggest, i think my criticism is quite relevant.

Ok and 2% damage reduction on an ability that crits for 4500 might as well be 0. Because that 90 health certainly doesnt help you live longer.

A lot of attacks in this game can miss or be resisted, so what?

I forgot thermal detonator too. My bad.

So we can from 30 m do

Inc missle - no CD

Rail shot - 15s

Thermal dent - 15s

just epic...

These 3 abilities add up to over 8k damage in roughly 6 seconds assuming crits (which are by no means out of the question or rare). Explain to me how taking down 40-50% of someones health in 6 seconds from 30M is bad when that isnt even your optimal DPS range?

Seems pretty epic to me.

Edited by Gidoru

Why would you spam a DoT in the first place? (AoE aside as the complaints are about single target dmg.) Seeing as you wouldnt i fail to see how this is even worth mentioning.

Thats kind of like saying you can spam Lightning Storm to kill 1 player.

I'm not saying you would. But Taking a gaint leap from mention the heat cost of a certain skill to saying that "im complaining about the heat cost" is taramount to you saying you spam lightning storm to kill one player.

Seeing as you are listing these things to try to prove that Railshot isnt as good as most people seem to suggest, i think my criticism is quite relevant.

Ok and 2% damage reduction on an ability that crits for 4500 might as well be 0. Because that 90 health certainly doesnt help you live longer.

A lot of attacks in this game can miss or be resisted, so what?

No Im listing these things as they affect the skill in question. Yes its 30m and yes these other things affect it.

So your saying crit/sure needs to be nerfed rather then PT?

Yes alot of attacks can miss be resisted etc etc. But what attacks are we talking about? those others or rail shot?

These 3 abilities add up to over 8k damage in roughly 6 seconds assuming crits (which are by no means out of the question or rare). Explain to me how taking down 40-50% of someones health in 6 seconds from 30M is bad when that isnt even your optimal DPS range?

Seems pretty epic to me.

Well assuming the blue moon is hanging on the left hand side of the cheese it means a horse will fly.

Or you could show me actual figures rather then just making up a number and saying its this.

I'm not saying you would. But Taking a gaint leap from mention the heat cost of a certain skill to saying that "im complaining about the heat cost" is taramount to you saying you spam lightning storm to kill one player.

Why bother mentioning the heat cost at all as a defense of Powertechs in that case? Why bother mentioning the heatcost of an ability in your normal rotation that you only use once or twice a fight at all? Because if you're not complaining about it, and you arent making any other points about it, you dont seem to be doing very much other providing trivially obvious information like, "its not something you spam".

No Im listing these things as they affect the skill in question. Yes its 30m and yes these other things affect it.

So your saying crit/sure needs to be nerfed rather then PT?

Again, what is the relevance of pointing these things out then? Unless you can provide us with a way to consistently counter this ability by exploiting its tiny chance to miss, you are again just telling us something we already know. Namely that MMOs have RNG.

Yes alot of attacks can miss be resisted etc etc. But what attacks are we talking about? those others or rail shot?

It seems as though you are trying to defend Railshot or else you would not post information that is already common knowledge, the fact that it has a tiny chance to miss isnt really helping you case at all as its not something that will happen consistently or that can be exploited by most classes.

So again you are either trying to defend Powertechs or you are just posting common knowledge(for SWTOR players) and obvious information, since you deny the latter, im going to assume its the former. In that case why bother posting?

Edited by Gidoru

Why bother mentioning the heat cost at all as a defense of Powertechs in that case? Why bother mentioning the heatcost of an ability in your normal rotation that you only use once or twice a fight at all? Because if you're not complaining about it, and you arent making any other points about it, you dont seem to be doing very much other providing trivially obvious information like, "its not something you spam".

Again, what is the relevance of pointing these things out then? Unless you can provide us with a way to consistently counter this ability by exploiting its tiny chance to miss, you are again just telling us something we already know.

You are clearly trying to defend Railshot or else you would not post information that is already common knowledge, the fact that it has a tiny chance to miss isnt really helping you case at all as its not something that will happen consistently or that can be exploited by most classes.

Maybe Just maybe rather then take one post. Look at what i was replying too. I wasnt defending Rail Shot. I wasnt Complaining about heat cost. I was doing one thing.

Telling the guy that our 30m "godmode" isnt Godmode...

Now im sure you will continue to say

"your defending rail shot"

"why mention this, We already know this" (btw Who is we? and do you wear a white jacket with buckles at the back?)

So i look forward to your copy/paste replies. Without actually reading.

Maybe Just maybe rather then take one post. Look at what i was replying too. I wasnt defending Rail Shot. I wasnt Complaining about heat cost. I was doing one thing.

Telling the guy that our 30m "godmode" isnt Godmode...

Now im sure you will continue to say

"your defending rail shot"

"why mention this, We already know this" (btw Who is we? and do you wear a white jacket with buckles at the back?)

So i look forward to your copy/paste replies. Without actually reading.

Again, how is dropping 40-50% of your opponents health from 30m range in about 6 seconds and from a range that isnt even optimal for your DPS not extremely good?

Pretty sure if a Sorc or a Sniper starts using his melee abilities he will not be able to do over 2-3k damage in the same amount of time.

Pretty sure that a melee class will not be able to do more than 2-3k damage at 30m in the same amount of time.

Edited by Gidoru

Again, how is dropping 40-50% of your opponents health from 30m range and from a range that isnt even optimal for your DPS not extremely good?

Show me your Factual numbers from equally geared classes.

and you did actually copy and paste - thats fantastic.

Edited by Oscibi

Show me your Factual numbers from equally geared classes.

and you did actually copy and paste - thats fantastic.

Thermal Detonator crits for 3-4k damage

Railshot Crits for about 4.5k damage

Incediary Missle does about 1-3k damage in 6 seconds.

Do i have to add this for you too?

There is a parse earlier in this thread.

Edited by Gidoru

Whenever you want to answer my question, and show me facts not just numbers you have typed. be sure to pm me.

Whenever you want to answer my question, and show me facts not just numbers you have typed. be sure to pm me.

Pretty sure i just answered your question. Parse between a WH PT and a WH Sorc is earlier in this thread, im not going to go find it for you.

Pretty sure i just answered your question. Parse between a WH PT and a WH Sorc is earlier in this thread, im not going to go find it for you.

No you wrote down alot of numbers.

here

monkey shot 5.1 million (if crit)

Banana 300

This is pretty easy actually.

Time to make some nerf threads.

Oh and please do PM me when you finally do answer - im curious.

guys just stop talking about it...

everything has already been said and all you are doing to talking to the same 3 people over and over and over...

odds are they will buff the other class's first because 2 really need it and if they nerf pyro/assault into the ground they will just make new nerf threads about another class/spec..

Edited by Winkywinky

avg crit chance is 25%, so basing an argument on 3 abilities each with a 25% to do that damage (which is what? a 2%chance), while YOUR sorcerer is just standing there doing nothing, like throwing a bubble on them, cleansing the dot, CCing the Pyro, or maybe HEALING! is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've read in this thread. From range, and without all the moons aligning, a marauder can leap and do probably 50% more damage in 6sec. A sniper at 30m can easily do 8k in 6sec. Which class again cant pull of 8k of damage through crits in 4 GCDs?