Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion

CourtneyWoods

Are all you people on this last page not reading that you can buy Treek for credits?

Now the REAL issue that everyone seems to be ignoring is that you can unlock Treek for ALL YOUR ALTS for just 700 CC. Whereas you have to drop 300k per alt if you don't use CC.

Minimum number of Alts (11), Maximum number of Alts (21).

11x300k= 3.3M. 21x300k=6.3M.

Yowza, that's a lot of credits ain't it? Methinks they should offer an unlock where if you're Legacy Level 50 you can drop 500-700k to get Treek Legacy wide.

Well, on the other hand, if you want to unlock HK-51 for your alts, it's a million each. You do however still have to option to get to 50 and do the whole quest chain again, though. Which by the time you get to your 5th alt, does get a little tiresome.

Any details on what crew skills crits/efficiencies this companion will have, or will it be a' jack of all trades' as I heard HK is?

Treek is a healer and a tank. HK-51 is not a jack of all trades, he's just a dps.

Edited by chuixupu

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a new companion.......and when will we finally get Togruta as a playable race?

And don't tell us it is soooo difficult to make that class due to the 2 leks or whatever they are called. There are many npcs in swtor who are togruta and who are wearing different outfits and who are fighting and it all looks fine. So what is the problem with implementing that race into the game as a playable class??

he asked about crew skills and the answer to that is treek is exactly like hk-51: +5 mission efficiency, +1 crafting crit

Nice, Thanks. Might be worth getting just for the bonuses. I might not even use him in the field. plus I can start him early on whatever crew skills I choose for new characters.

It's nice they're adding more companions but i'll pass with this one , not a fan of ewoks.

(like button)

I don't quite understand how a race in the distant future that had only evolved to throwing rocks and such could be able to comprehend the tech involved with being a bounty hunter in this timeline. I really couldn't see an ewok being anything more than a pet that maybe did cute things when you clicked on him.

I cant help but to be a bit disappointed by the fact that Treek is not available via a long solo story mission like HK was. Also, I still think that the level cap for Treek (Legacy 40) is far to high. I would have personally expected it to be at around level 20-25, due to the fact that those at higher level will either be concentrating on endgame non-solo stuff, or already have a large number of high level alts.

The CC price doesn't surprise me, given how those who buy it are bypassing the in-game system. Still would be nice if, for items like Treek, a Collection unlock actually came with the purchaser. Anyway, despite the niggles I have with this introduction of Treek, I am very glad that they are adding in an option of how to get her rather then let her be an elitist show-off toy.

I am very much looking forward to concurring the known galaxy with my new Ewok companion (Well, save it sometimes as well I suppose when playing Rep/Light Side, but I am more of an Empire guy. . .). Treek seems to have a fascinating backstory and character, and I look forward to learning more about her! :i_angel:

I've found the fastest way to get Legacy XP is raiding. If you're been playing for a while, raid/run dailies a few months out of the year and have an alt or two, it shouldn't be that far off. I hit level 50 about 6 months ago, and I only play for a month or two at a time.

I'm totally fine with the pricing, and Treek is a fantastic companion (Used her a tank and off heals in the new flash points, and she nailed it).

As a subscriber I don'tunderstand why I have to pay in cartel coins or credits. I and fellow subscribers like me have been keeping this game afloat since launch. I barely play the game anymore as is and the developers keep giving me more reasons to unsub.

(like button)

I don't quite understand how a race in the distant future that had only evolved to throwing rocks and such could be able to comprehend the tech involved with being a bounty hunter in this timeline. I really couldn't see an ewok being anything more than a pet that maybe did cute things when you clicked on him.

When you get her, you learn her backstory that explains why she's roaming the galaxy. She's totally worth the price, I'm building up her legacy gear set now, because I'm pretty certain she's the only comp I'm ever going to use again. 1 mill creds + 700 CC is totally worth it.

What is really needed is a new healz comp... maybe a sorc or a sage, that would be new and cool and a comp people would use... just need to make it a race that we don't have as a comp yet, like a Nautolan!

As a subscriber I don'tunderstand why I have to pay in cartel coins or credits. I and fellow subscribers like me have been keeping this game afloat since launch. I barely play the game anymore as is and the developers keep giving me more reasons to unsub.

I have tbh I came late to the game and I'm just subbed until I finish my story then I'm done, I've no problem with paying for the actual content of a game, I've been playing a little while and I've come to the conclusion this game is basically a single player game with DLC and a multiplayer element pretending to be an MMO, so I have no problem in paying for what I see as DLC items, the issue I have is it seems this game would be better if any pretense of being an MMO was done away with and a separate multiplayer mode was added, from my POV the single player elements would be strengthened and more immersive and the multiplayer would be 100% optional without impacting your own game, /Tangent over

yay for treek I can see it now "I'm a ****** cold blooded bounty hunter from the streets of Nar Shadda here to collect your hide for credits, and to show you how seriously ****** I am I brought along my teddy bear"

First of all - prices... for new players (or rarely playing old ones) initial CC amount of 2100 CC is pretty harsh.

If/when you get your lvl 40 legacy prices goes very reasonable, 1 mil credits is nothing as effort, 2 - 3 days of dailies... 300k credits for alt - 1 day of dailies, 700 CC for account unlock - 1 month of Subscription + Security key and some thoughtfully kept CC from previous months.

If BW want to show some real subscriber appreciation there would be 3rd method to acquire it via 1 mil credits - as 3 or 6 months veteran reward.

Second, setup of this new companion is simply not fair to our existing ones we like as story/model/comments or just got attached to as our character overall experience.

Why this short ugly bear has to be better healer than Elara or better tank than Pierce?

HK-51 as best single target DPS is somehow acceptable, no AOE and lore wise it is HK after all.

(Treek is not P2W but it clearly goes as pay for easy mode...)

Third and last but not least, why Ewok, why :eek: :eek: :eek: ... there is work on Togruta models in progress, Nautolan I think also... there is Voss/Gormak, there is Chiss (last 3 not existing as companion at all).

Why worst looking one has to be chosen to be overpowered?

(I don't hate them, don't see lore issue with Treek, but it is ugly as hell at lest on SC I have seen).

Hmm... I was planning to buy her with cartel coins because I value in-game credits more (since I hate farming for them), but in no way are 2100 CC equivalent to 1,000,000 credits. It takes just a few days to farm that amount of credits by just doing dailies, while it would take a subscribers 4 MONTHS to save up that amount of cartel coins, with just their monthly stipend. I am just saying this needs to be re-evaluated before release. I realize that the contract purchased with credits has the level 40 legacy requirement, but that is nothing since even people with no alts at all would have easily reached that level given that they have started playing a few months ago. It is really not that big a deal given that there are two options of getting the contract but the glaring and unequal difference between the two prices is going to upset a lot of people, and it is completely unjustified.

I think 2100 CC is equal to 1,000,000 credits plus legacy 40. Getting to legacy level 40 isn't just a few months of work , it takes quite a while so the high CC for treek is totally fair IMO. Don't change it BioWare please. No more to add really apart from why not use 1 mil credits for yours if it only takes a few days and then use 700 CC to open her for all your characters in the collections ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Time to end with this game... Im subscriber beginning of game and i must pay for new companion or bonus quest ? Thats a funny or Jewish EA ? This make me angry. I have 75mil credits i dont have problem pay but its about principle im a paying player not a walking wallet GL HF..

What is this i don't even...

I posted this earlier, but the topic got largely swarmed by discussion of the price.

Question for Bioware (not sure if this is the right place for it, but the topic on it on the PTS forums fell off the first page) - everyone I've seen who has compared Treek to existing tank/healer companions has noted

(1) She has a smart AoE as a tank, which other tank companions don't (as far as I am aware?)

(2) She can outheal other companions in the same gear by a significant margin (40-60%, depending on the post I've seen)

(3) She not only has a cleanse, but it's also automatically applied by her HoT...maybe I'm just missing something, but isn't that stronger than the other healers' separate cleanse?

Is that disparity matched in your models? Intended?

I'm curious as to why one companion would be distinctly superior to others that share the same role.

Thanks!

Edited by Lesaberisa

Just noticed "Once you buy this is starts a quest...."

So, there you are - first paid-for-on-top-of-sub content (not counting expac, which is fair enough), something they said they would never do.

We've been told all along that the CM would only be for vanity or appearance items. Not anymore.

This is bullsheet, BW.

/sub.

Just noticed "Once you buy this is starts a quest...."

So, there you are - first paid-for-on-top-of-sub content (not counting expac, which is fair enough), something they said they would never do.

We've been told all along that the CM would only be for vanity or appearance items. Not anymore.

This is bullsheet, BW.

/sub.

The "quest" is to walk 100 meters and talk to the droid that triggers animation that introduces Treek. Much less substantial than Encrypted cubes. Also, Treek is completely available via ingame and non-CM related means.

Hey Bio-fail. I want content that I don't have to pay for. I already pay your monthly subscription. Why do I have too pay it again plus more?

Learn to read. You DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING but ingame credits earned for playing the game.

Learn to read. You DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING but ingame credits earned for playing the game.

This doesn't matter. There's a legacy lvlrequired - 40. So it's still locked out for the vast majority of players unless they use CC. You think 40 is an arbitrary number? The devs beloved metrics will tell them how many people are at that lvl, and I'm guessing its not enough to hurt their profits on this.

But it all boils down to the fact that I pay a sub to access all content (expacs excepted) and now they are releasing content on the CM I'd have to pay for. Never mind that this is 4 times the cost of the expac.

I've backed SWTOR up till now, with cash as well as words, even when the flaws in the game have been staring me in the face. But this has finished me off.

This doesn't matter. There's a legacy lvlrequired - 40. So it's still locked out for the vast majority of players unless they use CC. You think 40 is an arbitrary number? The devs beloved metrics will tell them how many people are at that lvl, and I'm guessing its not enough to hurt their profits on this.

But it all boils down to the fact that I pay a sub to access all content (expacs excepted) and now they are releasing content on the CM I'd have to pay for. Never mind that this is 4 times the cost of the expac.

I've backed SWTOR up till now, with cash as well as words, even when the flaws in the game have been staring me in the face. But this has finished me off.

It's about time they started putting things for a higher legacy level unlock. When i got past 25 there was NOTHING left that would want me to raise the legacy level higher.

Now without even doing things for max legacy gain i am at 47, so its nice knowing i'll be able to get her with credits alone.

It doesnt matter what legacy level they put her at, because there will always be someone who isnt high enough yet

And I assume those players must have completely voluntary and controversial companion right now?

However, number of Legacy level 40+ players is an interesting question and I wish I thought of that when I was building up my community questionnaire for Czech/Slovak community. I think the number will be a lot higher than you think. Loyal players should have it by now

Thank you, Bioware, for lowing the credit requirement. I realize, for most people, a million credits or more is pretty easy to come by, but I was not one of those many and I'm glad I can afford to purchase Treek with at least one of my toons without having to spend Cartel Coins. I appreciate that. :)