Augment Slot Proc Chances Lower Since Maintenance Patch?

Kaistorm

It may be one of my legendary bad RNG luck streaks, but have any other crafters noticed that their chances to proc augment slots on orange gear seem much lower since Tuesday's maintenance patch?

Before, it would usually take around 5-10 tries for me to get an "Augmented" version. After the patch, I am finding that number at least doubled and it is taking 10-20+ tries to get ONE piece of augmented gear. I have found this to be true across all three of my crafters, a Synthweaver, an Armormech and an Armstech.

If it is just a run of bad luck, I will absorb the increased cost per piece and ride it out, but if this is a permanent change or a temporary bug, I would like to know so that I can readjust my prices accordingly or just stop wasting my time and mats. Thanks in advance for your experiences/insights, folks.

Not sure about that, but i have noticed a incredibly lower rate of dropped schematics from underworld trading missions. Out of the 100 missions i ran, I got a total of 3 schematic drops. Prior to the the patch, I would get about 10% drop rate on schematics. So I agree with OP that something was definitely adjusted. Now, whether it was intentional or not is the question..

Don't keep track of exact numbers, but...

~25 attempts, 0 crits custom lightsaber (No + crit art)

~30 attempts, 2 crit misc. custom weapons (No + crit arms. Both happened to be blaster rifles)

~25 attempts, 2 crit misc lowish level orange synthweaving gear (+5 crit synth)

All in all a fairly depressing evening. (also ~15 or so RE's, (20% success), with only 1 success) Still, well within the realms of probability.

'Course, I like to think of it making up for good luck over the weekend. (yeah, I know it doesn't really work that way) Don't think I did a single run of 5 w/o getting at least 1 crit, and in 1 of the batches, all 5 were crits. (on the lightsabers w no + crit bonus)

Well, looks like it must be plain old bad luck if it's just us few. Dunno whether to be glad it's not a bug/change or sad that my luck is so horrendous at the moment. Hope the RNG is kind to all of you from now on. Thanks for the replies.

Well, for what it's worth, last session:

Artifice 2 successes out of 20 attempts (about half what I'd expect... note: even with my batch of 5 successes, my experience with artifice is it's nowhere even CLOSE to the 20% success rate I'd expect with no bonus, max affection, on a grey item)

Armstech 3 successes out of 15 (exactly what I'd expect)

Synthweaving 8 successes out of ~35 (just a shy short of what it should be, given +5 crit bonus, but some of the attempts (and 1 of the successes) were lvl 50 items, which possibly were orange?)

I wish there was a "crafting log", just like there's a combat log. We would be able to keep track of our crift crafts, RE attempts, returns on crew missions, etc.... I'd dig that a lot.... I know, I could alt-tab to desktop everytime and take a note, but that gets old very quickly

But back to the topic, I can't really say. I wanted my relic with an augment slot and I got it after a month of being in the dark. I got it on the first attempt after the last patch. I think they've been messing around with that, can't say to what extent of course. I'll have a taste at those chances once I get schematics for a nice set of boots and legs for my warrior, because frankly, that two-toed robot chicken look from the columni stuff makes me "w t f ?" everytime.

Hello guys, I want just to share some numbers (without any prejudice) with you. So the Skill is Armstech 345 points companion Kaliyo on 2775 affection the crafted items is Elegant Modified Blaster Pistol (lvl 50). After 17 tries I have 0 pistols with augment slot. Continuing and will update if there is some crit. Good luck on everyone else.

Hello guys, I want just to share some numbers (without any prejudice) with you. So the Skill is Armstech 345 points companion Kaliyo on 2775 affection the crafted items is Elegant Modified Blaster Pistol (lvl 50). After 17 tries I have 0 pistols with augment slot. Continuing and will update if there is some crit. Good luck on everyone else.

To be fair, you aren't exactly stacking the odds in your favor. The pistol is almost certainly orange for you at 345 skill, so that's a base 10%. With only 2776 affection, you're probably getting at most a 1% bonus to that, so 11%.

17 failures in a row on something with only 11% success isn't terribly unlikly. (~14% chance)

Basically, at that odds, each and every time craft that item, you have more chance of it being the first in a streak of 17 failures than you do of it actually being a crit.

To be fair, you aren't exactly stacking the odds in your favor. The pistol is almost certainly orange for you at 345 skill, so that's a base 10%. With only 2776 affection, you're probably getting at most a 1% bonus to that, so 11%.

17 failures in a row on something with only 11% success isn't terribly unlikly. (~14% chance)

Basically, at that odds, each and every time craft that item, you have more chance of it being the first in a streak of 17 failures than you do of it actually being a crit.

That's why I share all the numbers. Most players just said "I made 20+ attempts and no crit QQ". also this char is my 5 or 6th alt ;) anyway I continued to craft after my first post but changed to Custom-Built Pistol which is designed for lvl 20. on my 9th and 11th tries I received pistols with Augment slots. So if someone is going after Augmented pistol my suggestion don't try lvl 50 one version but lvl 20.

P.S. The Custom Built Pistol skin is awful.

Edited by Esgard

P.S. The Custom Built Pistol skin is awful.

I doubt most people notice. Playing zoomed out far enough to see what's going on makes the guns pretty darn small, and with the camera view behind the character, and guns being pointed in front of the character, they're pretty well obstructed most of the time anyways, particularly pistols. Most of the other weapons are at least bigger, and on the back so more apparent to the camera than blasters on the hip.

I honestly don't (currently) see much point to the lvl 50 schematics.

There was no intentional change to the rates.

Thank you for the response, David. Is it possible there was an unintentional change? Could you look into that for us? Appreciating all of your help in advance.

A guildie said she'd give me two pieces of augmented gear for one augmented lightsaber. A few days before I had made 10 lightsabers and three were augmented. So I was doing backflips over this deal. FOURTY USELESS LIGHTSABERS LATER...and no crit. Like you can't even sell these things on the GTN, they are all rotting in my bank waiting for the day you can break down oranges. I finally just bought a lightsaber and sent it to her as I had already spent 3 times the cost on mats....

And that was before the patch. So no, it's not a change, sometimes you take the house, sometimes the house takes you, welcome to gambling...errrrr...crafting!

Same problem here. I came to this thread because I noticed how much harder it has become to crit. I use to get 1 crit every 5-6 tries. I'm currently at 20 attempts on a peice of gear with zero crits as I write this. What makes it worst is they changed orange crafted gear back to not being able to RE it.....This is a little crazy. I'm at the point now where it's just not worth the time/effort/money .

Same problem here. I came to this thread because I noticed how much harder it has become to crit. I use to get 1 crit every 5-6 tries. I'm currently at 20 attempts on a peice of gear with zero crits as I write this. What makes it worst is they changed orange crafted gear back to not being able to RE it.....This is a little crazy. I'm at the point now where it's just not worth the time/effort/money .

Considering 1.3 is gonna make it so you can add an augment slot to every single piece of gear in game trying to crit orange gear is kinda pointless, just wait a bit.

It is stuffed. Since we've been told that the same math controls mission and crafting crits both, the many complaints about anomalously low gathering crits also suggest that there is a problem here, "intentional" or not.

Just in the last couple days I have done four runs that wound up with implausibly low crit rates. I have maxed crafting skills and maxed companion affection, so I should have a 20% crit rate on grey items.

The results of these four runs were: (1) 20 items, 10 Traditional Thermoweave Vestments and 10 Traditional Thermoweave Lower Robes, got 2 crit items; (2) 20 items, 10 Jedi Initiate Vestments and 10 Jedi Initiate Lower Robes, got 2 crit items; (3) 20 items, 10 Apprentice Leggings and 10 Apprentice Vests, got 1 crit item; (4) 10 items, Peacekeeper Headgear; got 0 crit items. If the chance to crit is actually 20%, then the binomial distribution tells us that these are unlikely outcomes; the results should be more than 2 crit items in 80% of runs with 20 items at a 20% chance; so far I am seeing 0, 1, or 2 items at most on every run that I do.

Edited by Heezdedjim

At 50K a pop, you're not going to be taking anything besides endgame raid and PvP purples to the aug table.

Nah, only level 50 aug slots will be 50k, you can stick a lowbie aug slot on for a lot less and upgrade it later if it's orange gear you plan on keeping or toss it out if it's blue or purple gear you are done with. They said 4-50k and then said it might be less. Plus the cost of me to make any orange crit has so far been equal to 50k when I'm lucky or three times that when I'm unlucky.

Nah, only level 50 aug slots will be 50k, you can stick a lowbie aug slot on for a lot less and upgrade it later if it's orange gear you plan on keeping or toss it out if it's blue or purple gear you are done with. They said 4-50k and then said it might be less. Plus the cost of me to make any orange crit has so far been equal to 50k when I'm lucky or three times that when I'm unlucky.

Augmented orange gear while leveling will be too much of a hassle. When 1.3 hits, besids upgrading the augment, you'll have to upgrade the slot as well.... Imagine mara/sent with 2 augmented sabers.... crystal, hilt, mod, enhancement, augment slot, augment. All that by 2. I'm worn out of just thinking it :D

Augmented orange gear while leveling will be too much of a hassle. When 1.3 hits, besids upgrading the augment, you'll have to upgrade the slot as well.... Imagine mara/sent with 2 augmented sabers.... crystal, hilt, mod, enhancement, augment slot, augment. All that by 2. I'm worn out of just thinking it :D

Yeah, I have an artificer and a cybertech so it's not so bad for me, but even I just buy whole pieces with comms and off the GTN. But with the new system if you have lowbie augments there is no reason not to slap a slot on your lowbie gear and augment it even if it's not orange.