Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

Icebergy

Since they had forced transfers and so many problems early on with dead servers that would be completely their fault the first round should be free to those that where here to suffer and deal with all the crap and broken promises. It was Bioware that told those of us on dead servers to go roll on a more active servers. It was Bioware that did forced transfers with little to no options on your destination server. So while 13 dollar cost for a whim desire to move homes may be cheap and acceptable, for the first round it is to high a price tag. Anyone who has a character that was on an original Early Access server and moved should get a freebie for that toon to a server of their choosing.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plz tell us you are working on EU <-> NA Server transfers.
This.

I don't get what the problem is, the technique is obviously there (oceanic ---> US and PTS copies). Are you afraid of some mass emigration. You should never say never BUT that will never happen, people prefer to play on low pings.

So just for clarification, if I transfer one character to another server if I have already acquired the buffs do I get to keep those buffs? Or do I have to transfer 4 characters?

It takes one character to transfer an entire legacy, everything gets transferred except mail and GTN items that you listed.

You must be a great guy to hang around with. Still one of the cheapest xfers in the genre.

Also among one of the first in the genre to need to shut down launch day servers inside its first year of service.

Also among one of the first in the genre to need to shut down launch day servers inside its first year of service.

What does that have to do with the cost of server transfers.

Cool story bro, tell it again.

What does that have to do with the cost of server transfers.

Cool story bro, tell it again.

If I have to explain it again then you just do not get it and to attempt to, again, is not worth the energy.

If I have to explain it again then you just do not get it and to attempt to, again, is not worth the energy.

Please explain, I so wan't to hear your whiny sob story about ending up on some server you didn't want to be on.

Get over it.

You have one (1) Character Transfer in progress

******(Smuggler, level 50) from The Shadowlands to Jedi Covenant

Transfer requested on 06.25.13

Transfer queued on game server

Click here to check the current status of your transfer: View your Character Transfer history.

You have one (1) Character Transfer in progress

******(Smuggler, level 50) from The Shadowlands to Jedi Covenant

Transfer requested on 06.25.13

Transfer queued on game server

Click here to check the current status of your transfer: View your Character Transfer history.

Are these going smoothly? Have characters transfered safely?

(I'm totally letting you guys be guinea pigs before I move my girl :p)

Are these going smoothly? Have characters transfered safely?

(I'm totally letting you guys be guinea pigs before I move my girl :p)

Mine completed and he arrived successfully on my new server within about 30 seconds.

...now someone in my guild just needs to log in so I can get him invited...

You must be a great guy to hang around with. Still one of the cheapest xfers in the genre.

Just trying to keep the rhetoric somewhat factual.

Sure, it's one of the cheapest. It also smacks of doing some players "dirty". There should have been an amnesty for people who got caught in the cycle of:

1) Massive server openings at launch (rightly)

2) Massive rapid loss of subs (not the players' fault)

3) Server populations bordering on empty (again not the players' fault)

Just trying to keep the rhetoric somewhat factual.

Sure, it's one of the cheapest. It also smacks of doing some players "dirty". There should have been an amnesty for people who got caught in the cycle of:

1) Massive server openings at launch (rightly)

2) Massive rapid loss of subs (not the players' fault)

3) Server populations bordering on empty (again not the players' fault)

I agree with you 100%. I did spend all of my CC"s to move my characters though. I moved 3 so far and will have enough to move the 4th next month (or sooner).

The funny thing is, I don't even care any more. This game is basically dead to me. I only moved them because I saved up all my CC's to do just that.

They waited about a year too long for this service. It should have been free for us like you said.

I want something else to play, I literally fall asleep while I'm playing this game. I can't make it more than an hour.

Can you transfer across region, like EU to NA?

As of the current plan, no. However, I want to state that this is absolutely something we want to do and as you saw with APAC it isn't a tech limitation. There are some other restrictions we are working through and we hope to have the ability to transfer across region moving forward. I will give you updates on this as I have it.

Hope that clears things up.

-eric

No, it is the opposite of clear. You state that there is "no tech limitation" but cite "other restrictions". At no point do you give any kind of time frame. How can you hope that you cleared anything up?

he was clear.

you don't get to transfer between EU and NA. he didn't explain why, probably just more scorn and contempt for their customers, but that's not really important. if you want to transfer between EU and NA, we know that is not going to happen. we know that bioware knew this would upset a lot of people. pretty clear, bioware wanted to upset a lot of their subscribers.

The stupid thing about this is...

On the day of transfers I was able to move both my operative and scoundrel over from Jedi Covenant and PoT5 US servers to ToFN EU server. It allowed me to do this no problem. So it seems like bioware failed to put their stupid limitation on initially.

Now i can no longer do this. Proving that indeed there is nothing stopping them doing this cept flicking a switch pretty much.

The stupid thing about this is...

On the day of transfers I was able to move both my operative and scoundrel over from Jedi Covenant and PoT5 US servers to ToFN EU server. It allowed me to do this no problem. ...

If this is true I will probably unsubscribe. I can't really do the full game content with the time zone problem I have and waited for a NA to EU transfer for quite a while. I'm subed since early access and still like the game, but if they gave such transfers to people on day one without notifying people and then stopping it without giving a reason then it is something which makes me reconsider if it is worth staying subbed.

• 3 weeks later...