Female character texture is still messed up.

SupremeOverseer

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they are just trying to sweep this one under the rug at this point.

That won't work. I'm cancel my subscription due to this bug. If it were a one time deal like some random quest, then whatever, but this bug has been around for several months and affects my companions. I'm not switch my companions attire because of a bug that should have been fix at most a few weeks after it appeared. Had this happen in wow it would have been fix right away.

Edited by Knockerz

I agree, but i'm think the textures were intentionally screwed up. What if there won't be a fix? I used my sexy character as a dancing screen background while i was cleaning up the house and it looked really cool. All my friends were asking about it and i told them it was swtors dance emote. I play star trek and their role play was very r-rated at a place called Drozana. Then a new guild showed up and insulted all who were role playing especially females. A big war broke out between the role players and this new guild, complaints were filled, but the devs usually backed up the new guild.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/linamia/10859763083/

this inserted link is the dance background i used while cleaning up my apartment. This was taken before the textures were messed up i believe intentionally. Nice huh....

Edited by Linamia

what if it's not a bug but textures messed up intentionally to keep from r rating the game .....

Curious then, that they decided to do that now, with no warning, rather than at launch, when the Slave and Dancer gear sets were first introduced?

It's not like they suddenly de-Ken'd the male body models just because we can put them in panties.

Somehow I have difficulty believing this is intentional on BW's part.

Perhaps one particular modeller/artist was playing a prank; I'd be willing to believe that more readily. In any case it's still been too long without SOME kind of update.

Edited by Taramayne

The following is simply my speculation. I'm just trying to give an idea to what might have happened.

This is an error. It is not a censored action, nor was it done deliberately. This is a texture file screw up. Look up DDS files for video games on Google. That might help explain how they work better. I worked with them with Beth's construction sets for Oblivion/Sky. I could download the files, put them in a photo program and manipulate them. If I accidentally shifted them, a piece of armor could overlap to the wrong part and show up somewhere in the game where it wasn't suppose to. The "pad" everyone talks about appears that it was shifted outwards and is normally suppose to hid inside the buttock crack. The knees are shift slight inward. The texture colors/shades no longer line up and thus we see a line at the waist and lower leg area. The legs are mirror images of each other. So when it was shifted on a flat file, wherever that shows up on the body mesh got shifted. It's not easy to explain and I'm no seasoned modder by any means.

My guess is that one of the devs was fixing a particular piece of armor back in December and did something similar and didn't realize it. So why hasn't it been addressed? This is where I get a little upset and take things too far but I will anyway.

They are short staffed. They come in every morning, get their coffee, sit down and read the list of the daily fixes for that day. Most likely they get their 8 hours to complete only so much. They've mention here in the forums that texture file errors, floating rocks, snow, etc are low on the list if ever on the list. Combat stuff is priority. So until they fix the stuff at the top of the list, we most likely will not see this fixed ever. Every day new reports are filed by us. "This skill is broken, the new armor clips when running, or this NPC doesn't talk anymore." So "dev A" sits down and starts his/her day from the top of the list and fixes the priorities. The executives run the show. They have to pay the bills, the salaries, etc and most likely don't understand the art part of the video game therefore they take a "business" stance in regards to running this game. A few cancelled subs is nothing if new cool looking armor is added and new players start up. More armor on the Cartel, means more money, etc. Sadly, this is just a case of not enough resources to fix the small stuff. Again, just my opinion. How many of you have a garage lock, or window trimming at home that's not fixed, but you got the toilet running again, or the leaking faucet fixed.

My two cents. I would love to hear from a real modder to explain it better.

The following is simply my speculation. I'm just trying to give an idea to what might have happened.

I can see your point, however, a similar error occurred with a piece of CM gear (Relaxed Vestments top) not long ago and was acknowleged almost immediately and repaired within 2 weeks.

This issue is just as noticeable as the other one for many people. Why is this one taking so much longer when the time and type of error has been identified?

I can see your point, however, a similar error occurred with a piece of CM gear (Relaxed Vestments top) not long ago and was acknowleged almost immediately and repaired within 2 weeks.

This issue is just as noticeable as the other one for many people. Why is this one taking so much longer when the time and type of error has been identified?

That's a good point...especially since this one impacts not one, but quite a few cartel market items.

The Combat stuff is priority.

The cartel market is supposed to have its own dev team, so they wouldn't be working on combat related bugs...right?

I have two thoughts as to why Relaxed Vestments got fixed quickly but the leg textures have not.

1. The recent Relaxed Vestments texture problem was horribly visible even on the character selection screen. In contrast the leg texture problem is not visible on the character select screen.

2. The leg texture problem occurs for many different leg garments, whereas the Relaxed Vestments texture problem was a single garment only. It will probably be a lot more work to fix all the affected leg garments.

2. The leg texture problem occurs for many different leg garments, whereas the Relaxed Vestments texture problem was a single garment only. It will probably be a lot more work to fix all the affected leg garments.

Maybe, but it could be that the reason so many different garments all have the same problem is that they all share an asset. In which case, fix that one thing and it fixes them all.

If they were all separate problems, that would mean that they would have all separately broken in the same way at the same time, which seems unlikely.

Regardless of the reason for the delay, they do read these forums and this issue is almost always on one of the first two pages. There is zero reason it should have not at least been acknowledged, and it's more than sad that something so simple yet integral to all players, basic skin textures, has not been fixed over this length of time.

Regardless of the reason for the delay, they do read these forums and this issue is almost always on one of the first two pages. There is zero reason it should have not at least been acknowledged, and it's more than sad that something so simple yet integral to all players, basic skin textures, has not been fixed over this length of time.

Bongo babe, you hit it on the head

*sigh* :(

I've played EverQuest, ShadowBane, WoW (pre-burning cruesade), Lineage 2, Age of Conan, Champions Online and City of Heroes.... and I have never seen a graphical issue like this last this long. I mean cmon.... even FunCom fixed things like this within the week! :mad:

Maybe it's a really difficult fix. I'm also not convinced they know about it. Nothing has been said on any forum thread I've seen.

I've been bug reporting it every patch for the last few, so if they don't know about it then their CSR aren't doing their job and the ticket system is just a lie. Which, of course, I already suspect because there's no feedback for bug reports.

Also, it's a texture alignment issue. How hard can it be?

Feel free to create in-game tickets. Include a link to this thread, page 4 for screenshots.

This is an error. It is not a censored action, nor was it done deliberately. This is a texture file screw up. Look up DDS files for video games on Google. That might help explain how they work better. I worked with them with Beth's construction sets for Oblivion/Sky. I could download the files, put them in a photo program and manipulate them. If I accidentally shifted them, a piece of armor could overlap to the wrong part and show up somewhere in the game where it wasn't suppose to. The "pad" everyone talks about appears that it was shifted outwards and is normally suppose to hid inside the buttock crack. The knees are shift slight inward. The texture colors/shades no longer line up and thus we see a line at the waist and lower leg area. The legs are mirror images of each other. So when it was shifted on a flat file, wherever that shows up on the body mesh got shifted. It's not easy to explain and I'm no seasoned modder by any means.

My guess is that one of the devs was fixing a particular piece of armor back in December and did something similar and didn't realize it. So why hasn't it been addressed? This is where I get a little upset and take things too far but I will anyway.

They are short staffed. They come in every morning, get their coffee, sit down and read the list of the daily fixes for that day. Most likely they get their 8 hours to complete only so much. They've mention here in the forums that texture file errors, floating rocks, snow, etc are low on the list if ever on the list. Combat stuff is priority. So until they fix the stuff at the top of the list, we most likely will not see this fixed ever. Every day new reports are filed by us. "This skill is broken, the new armor clips when running, or this NPC doesn't talk anymore." So "dev A" sits down and starts his/her day from the top of the list and fixes the priorities. The executives run the show. They have to pay the bills, the salaries, etc and most likely don't understand the art part of the video game therefore they take a "business" stance in regards to running this game. A few cancelled subs is nothing if new cool looking armor is added and new players start up. More armor on the Cartel, means more money, etc. Sadly, this is just a case of not enough resources to fix the small stuff. Again, just my opinion. How many of you have a garage lock, or window trimming at home that's not fixed, but you got the toilet running again, or the leaking faucet fixed.

My two cents. I would love to hear from a real modder to explain it better.

This is why we ALWAYS back up our main files, makes crap like this easy to fix. restore the original files. Just like when you mod your game in Skyrim. Never replace a file w/o copying and saving the original first.

This is why we ALWAYS back up our main files, makes crap like this easy to fix. restore the original files. Just like when you mod your game in Skyrim. Never replace a file w/o copying and saving the original first.

Agreed. But this is also why I think it was an error and no back up was saved. Also why I think they don't want to acknowledge it. Maybe someday it will just be silently fixed. It really does look like crap and is surprisingly seen in a lot of armor. Why make the armor then? AND, they are making more skimpy armor. Weird. Right hand don't talk to the left.

Large companies, what can you do? Make more monopolies! Yay! That certainly has worked in the past and rates and fees never go up similar to the success of trickle down economics (sarcasm). Last sentence off topic. Sorry. :rolleyes:

They're a business. They don't have to acknowledge who made the mistake, they just have to fix it. Acknowledge that the bug exists, it's in the queue to be fixed, and fix it at some point relatively soon-ish. That's all they have to do.

Standard workplace practice.

They're not some emo kid worrying what others will think if they knew he made a mistake. Nobody gives a crap if some dev made an all too human error and botched some code. Happens all the time. Fix it, and move on. Customers (us) will be happy.