Happy Birthday Christopher Lee!

Today is Christopher Lee's 90th birthday, I'm not sure Europe time, but it's still May 27 in US.

I love his Dooku and Saruman.

Don't forget his Lord Summerisle and, of course, Dracula!...

oh yeah, and this;

Edited by Matth_Stil

One of the few that remained untarnished as an Actor by George's writing and direction. A testament to his class, intelligence, and acting ability. Not to mention The Voice! The Evil Cool of Dracula, Dooku, and Saruman. And of course, Francisco Scaramanga. Edited by Captain_Zone

One of the few that remained untarnished as an Actor by George's writing and direction. A testament to his class, intelligence, and acting ability. Not to mention The Voice! The Evil Cool of Dracula, Dooku, and Saruman. And of course, Francisco Scaramanga.

George also wrote & directed the Oscar-nominated original Star Wars - but we digress; Sir Christopher's a legend!

Sir Christopher Lee is one of those actors that no one will forget. He is a great actor and a great man. Live on Dooku, live on.

^ I agree 100% it would be a great loss if he was forgotten. Happy Birthday, Sir Christopher Lee!

Who the frig really watches Star Wars for the dialogue, anyway? :rolleyes:

It would have helped quite a bit in the Prequels. I'm NOT saying it's completely necessary, but he did have script doctors work on the dialogue for ESB and RoTJ and those were much better movies than A New Hope. ANH was nominated for Oscars since it was fresh and nobody had ever made a movie like it before. It paved the way for a new generation of Special Effects in sci-fi. And the fact that Sir Alec Guinness was nominated for Best Supporting Actor was, imo, more of a testament to his acting ability than George's direction. Same with Sir Christopher Lee. Only by the time the Prequels came out, the novelty of Star Wars in Hollywood had worn off.

...but he did have script doctors work on the dialogue for ESB and RoTJ and those were much better movies than A New Hope...

One Jonathan Hales worked on the AotC script. Lucas isn't the control freak many make him out to be (and since he financed the prequels himself, why shouldn't he have cracked the proverbial whip?).

Happy 90th, Sir Christopher.

Edited by Matth_Stil

It would have helped quite a bit in the Prequels. I'm NOT saying it's completely necessary, but he did have script doctors work on the dialogue for ESB and RoTJ and those were much better movies than A New Hope. ANH was nominated for Oscars since it was fresh and nobody had ever made a movie like it before. It paved the way for a new generation of Special Effects in sci-fi. And the fact that Sir Alec Guinness was nominated for Best Supporting Actor was, imo, more of a testament to his acting ability than George's direction. Same with Sir Christopher Lee. Only by the time the Prequels came out, the novelty of Star Wars in Hollywood had worn off.

It's a shame Peter Cushing didn't get the same recognization that Sir's Lee and Guiness did. Christopher Lee himself even said that Cushing was recognized as one of those rare memorable actors way to late in his life. I for one thought Tarkin was a great character, no matter what his odor is.

I for one thought Tarkin was a great character, no matter what his odor is.

lol. Yeah Tarkin was an amazing character and well acted. It was obvious to me that Peter Cushing knew how to act when I first saw it.

lol. Yeah Tarkin was an amazing character and well acted. It was obvious to me that Peter Cushing knew how to act when I first saw it.

Clearly he knew what he was doing, but he didn't get the recognition he deserved until near the end of his life.

I think Lee can play a good Gandalf as well, he said he once dreamed to play that guy.

I think he makes a better Saruman. Sir Ian Mckellen plays Gandalf almost flawlessly. I liked Mckellen as Magneto in X-Men as well.

It's a shame Peter Cushing didn't get the same recognization that Sir's Lee and Guiness did. Christopher Lee himself even said that Cushing was recognized as one of those rare memorable actors way to late in his life. I for one thought Tarkin was a great character, no matter what his odor is.

Tarkin gets mad props for doing the entire Galaxy a favor in ANH when he blew up Alderaan. After putting up with the nobles there, I can definitely see his point of view that millions of people there just needed killin'. Peter Cushing was the man. Christopher Lee is The Man for that great line in Episode III: "Your swords, please. We wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor."

Tarkin gets mad props for doing the entire Galaxy a favor in ANH when he blew up Alderaan. After putting up with the nobles there, I can definitely see his point of view that millions of people there just needed killin'. Peter Cushing was the man. Christopher Lee is The Man for that great line in Episode III: "Your swords, please. We wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor."

You have to give Lee and Cushing credit. They made their roles memorable. And I totally agree about Alderaan. I got some major DS points questing there on my LS characters.

You have to give Lee and Cushing credit. They made their roles memorable. And I totally agree about Alderaan. I got some major DS points questing there on my LS characters.
OH, MYYY...yeah, that first noble I met with my Powertech still needs my armor plate on my glove surgically removed from his face...

Back on topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIR CHRISTOPHER LEE!

A legend of an actor if any indeed is mr Lee.

I am curious though, you think he accepted the role as Dooku in memory and/or honour of Cushing?

Lee and Cushing did after all developed a good, close friendship over the years they acted against each other in the Dracula classics, with Lee as The Count and Cushing as Van Helsing, as well as many other films and he took Cushing's death rather hard.

A villain on screen, an honorable man in life is indeed Cristopher Lee.

A legend of an actor if any indeed is mr Lee.

I am curious though, you think he accepted the role as Dooku in memory and/or honour of Cushing?

Lee and Cushing did after all developed a good, close friendship over the years they acted against each other in the Dracula classics, with Lee as The Count and Cushing as Van Helsing, as well as many other films and he took Cushing's death rather hard.

A villain on screen, an honorable man in life is indeed Cristopher Lee.

I believe he did accept the role of Dooku in honor of Cushing. They were very good friends and they each had a great amount of respect for eachother. Cushing and Lee are some of the greatest actors ever.

And let's not forget his not-so-famous role as an international super-spy during WWII. No joke:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18905_11-celebrities-who-were-secretly-total-******es.html

If anything this list proves that Star Wars is full of real-life bad@sses.

Dude may have very well been one of the inspirations for James Bond. Ironic since he would later play the role of famous Bond villain, the Man With the Third Nip... I mean Golden Gun. I'm also now of the realization that he could have totally killed Roger Moore, Yoda, Gandalf, or anyone else for that matter, if he had really wanted to.

Happy Birthday Sir Christopher Lee!:sy_consular:

Edited by GusVIII