Archive recipes question

Darth_Vainous

I just came back 2 weeks ago but haven't played since 2012/2013 and noticed archive recipes.

I have 7 toons at level 50, which was max back then, with level 400 crafting in all the crew skills, again that was max back then. Problem is that they have archive recipes I don't see in trainer now though trainer recipes seem to be as good or better. Since the game changed so much and I want to remake my old toons I was wondering if their archive recipes were something I should hold on to and as such not delete those toons?

Any info you guys can give me would be very much appreciated since I can't find anything online about it.

Correct, the archived recipes cannot currently be learned from any trainer. It's up to you to decide if they're sufficiently worth holding onto. Personally I like being able to make them, particularly some cosmetic looks that can't be obtained otherwise. (Those are the minority, though. Most are obtainable via other means.) Edited by Estelindis

Correct, the archived recipes cannot currently be learned from any trainer. It's up to you to decide if they're sufficiently worth holding onto. Personally I like being able to make them, particularly some cosmetic looks that can't be obtained otherwise. (Those are the minority, though. Most are obtainable via other means.)

Wait, some archive cosmetics can't be gotten by any other means? Crap, now I have to see if there is anything I like in those archives and figure out if it's exclusive.

I like being able to make the level appropriate crystals and such but now there is an OP one that can be used from level 1 - max it appears so makes them moot. But I like be able to craft stuff that is not around anymore. I have some tough decisions ahead it appears.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

If you have recipes from way back when, then I suggest hold those toons. You can craft blue gear, cosmetics etc and sell those. But if you are running out of character slots then check the recipes to see which are rarest and make some tough calls.

Don't forget many F2P players can't use Purple/Artifact crystals, so crafting the various "blue" crystals can still be worthwhile.

Hmm, didn't realize that. I have to take a look.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

If you have recipes from way back when, then I suggest hold those toons. You can craft blue gear, cosmetics etc and sell those. But if you are running out of character slots then check the recipes to see which are rarest and make some tough calls.

With the crafting changes I'm trying to weigh my options. I don't really sell stuff though. Now the cosmetics are what might get me to not delete them. I'd say maybe 3 now have names I want so I could keep the other 4 but one of the names I want is on my Artificer. :(

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Any info you guys can give me would be very much appreciated since I can't find anything online about it.

There is no need to delete any old "archive" schematics. You'll notice that the archived schematics don't use the newer materials and other crafted ingredients. It might be easier or cheaper to use the older archived ones sometimes.