50th craft without a crit

dogonpot

Is this normal? Ever since taking armormech I have yet to get a single augmented armor piece when crafting with Ensign Temple who has a +2 critical chance with Armormech and she's at 10k affection. What's the deal?

i used to get mine on anywhere between 5-10 crafts but l8ly its taking 30+ to crit =[ and seeing as u cant sell the uncrit (vendor 1credit o.o) or reverse them its a joke how expensive the gear is to craft, and on a server like mine (small population) u dont even have a market for the crit gear most of the time :(

are you talking low level orange items? i was making lv 14or 16 (can't remember which) orange chest pieces. and getting crits about every 10 pieces. then we had a maintenance and i haven't managed a crit craft on that orange since. all my other items purples, blues all crit regularly. this could be a run of bad luck on the orange or my thoughts are

every1 was making low level orange items, mats are cheap and profits were high. so much so that they were the only items you see being sold, the market was flooded. maybe the chance of these items have been drastically reduced to stop the market from only having these on sale. and to encourage ppl to make other items. if this is the case its a good thing. because if things carried on the way they were going. orange crit crafted items were going to have no value as for the sheer amount of them on sale

its good for the market if not my pocket

It may be "all about the averages" but when you are trying to crit craft something like a rakata belt, which is, along with the braces, the only reason right now to have synthweaving, you are not at liberty to keep trying 30 times or more because of the biometric crystal alloys. I just don't have that many.

I am asking for my materials back until this is fixed. A belt is a "yellow" difficulty item, so a fully maxed Jaesa should have a 20% crit chance on it (10 base for yellow, 5 affection, 5 jaesa). It's nowhere near that, and plenty of other people have posted having tried 20 or more times.

The chance of having a streak of 20 with no crit is 1-(0.8)^20 or about 1%.

Grey difficulty items crit as they should about 25% of the time. It is either yellow or rakata, but it's broken. I am asking for my materials back.