I heard Marauders are underpowered. I don't think so!

Ilianor

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people only complain that its under powered cause of the damage. Nothing special, but i find it to be the most fun class to play. How long can people spam gr and tracer missiles in a game?

and great game play mate, good job

Edited by Kugalojan

survivability is nothing if you play against teams who know what they are doing

i saw in the movie that you hardly got targetted = team is bad

i mean i saw that commander standing there shooting randomly,

On Frostclaw we have a couple of commanders and the first thing they do is pick out the Marauders by CCing them and use their grav rounds to completally Obliterate

if you can isolate or focus a marauder hes dead meat in no time

even most of them (at least on frostclaw) know when you gonna pop undying rage just to freeze you till undying rage runs out yes you can use you CD on removing that but in meantime you lose time

its just a marauder is an easy target in group pvp to pick out

if you are not targetted and you get a heal once a while sure you are very powerfull

otherwise you will have to back off fairly fast

Edited by Alegoss

I didn't get any heal, 1 time a guard. That's was all. Well, not my Prob. that they didn't focus me :p

@NekoWAR

No? Why do u think such ********..

terrible openents.... at my server everyone attacks the sentinels/marauders first and then the healers, cause healers cant outheal it

for me it feels a bit awkward

dont get me wrong i definatly like to play my marauder, i just accepted the fact that i will die a lot more than many other classes

just compare it a bit

you have a commando : who has CC a shield a self heal and heavy armor, and nice burst

vs

a marauder with CDs who delay the inevitable, you can use 3 CDs just to delay you death as you cant heal and 1 to escape you faith ( force camouflage)

and you only have medium armor.

the difference is a bit unfair

i raise the question why does a heavy armor class has a knock back a shield a cc abilty

and so much survivability?

there is no way you will be able to kill a commando with a healer as back up

but it does the otherway around but just because you dont have the survivability

its just a small example though

maybe in some eyes i compare apples with oranges

Edited by Alegoss

Question to TS:

How did u get 75k Healed and 2.5k single heal?

What system are u running swtor at? U seemed to play Alderaan WZ pretty smoothly with shadows on! My friend with Sandy Bridge i5 and GF-560TI struggles the same fps issues as my 3 times weaker laptop.

A few notes: u were fightin against crappy opponents: some of them crappy geared, some of them didn't pay enough attention to you untill 50%hp. And 200-250k dmg is a laughable number in WZ comparing to mercs, sorcs and even Operatives.

What the matter with some of you guys?

1. It was just a random bg.

2. I joined random, solo, without a group - and im sorry that i didn't defend a point alone :S

3. Terrible Opponents? r u serious? Do I look like that I'm carrying about how good my opponents are? I didn't choose them, so its not my prob. if they suck.

4. @DarthVaus Sorry, next time I yell that they should focus me :S

@Wingzeron

As Marauder, you go for the healer first, cuz u can kick. So whoes server sucks now, hmm?

@Alegoss

Well, I got a friend who plays commando on another server and he thinks that Marauder are unkillable, because of the invis & 90% dmg reduce, but every player who doesn't suck balls knows, that 3 sek invis aren't much and that few sec 90% dmg reduce aren't much neither. Yes, Marauder need a knockback or a stun but w/e.

@ZakPreston

1. An Item which heals you for about 8k life, out of combat. If you want to know how to obtain it, make sure that u subscribed me, so you will be noticed when I release the next guide.

2. Well, like I wrote above, I can't decide who I fight against. Do you think, that you play all the time vs full bm? I would have no prob to fight against better equipt chars, but if there aren't any, what should I do? Leave the warzone? I don't think so.

btw, carnage is mostly an pve spec. If i wanna do big numbers I would choose rage, but I don't like that playstyle so I stick with carnage, because I do Pve too, so I don't need to reskill :p

i5 2500k, gtx 570 phantom, 8gig ram - I think the shadow is kinda buggy. I'll try that directx 9 thing out tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope most of question are answered. If you like that video, or you didn't I would be happy if you would subscribe. I've got some ideas for new videos (e.g. PvP vs different classes (ofc. with good gear ;)) or naked pvp etc. The next pvp videos will be ofc vs better enemys and no rnd bgs :p

May the force be with you!

Cheers

Edited by Ilianor

Question to TS:

How did u get 75k Healed and 2.5k single heal?

What system are u running swtor at? U seemed to play Alderaan WZ pretty smoothly with shadows on! My friend with Sandy Bridge i5 and GF-560TI struggles the same fps issues as my 3 times weaker laptop.

A few notes: u were fightin against crappy opponents: some of them crappy geared, some of them didn't pay enough attention to you untill 50%hp. And 200-250k dmg is a laughable number in WZ comparing to mercs, sorcs and even Operatives.

I was doing 250k easily as a 35. Without Annihilate, lots of extra Fury from getting hit, weaker offhand attacks and less accuracy.

yep tatooine & hoth.

@Deviltreh

Do you wanna show me your e-p****s? Do u think that I care about how much dmg u did "easily"?

And again for the people who are to stupid to read. Video -> normal game -> nothing special. If you wanna flame about my "low" dmg or my crappy opponents -> ****.

Thank you :)

Edited by Ilianor

Yes, Marauder need a knockback or a stun but w/e.

Nah were fine. Just don't go down any dark alleys alone. Be sure you always have your group of friends anywhere you go...

3/10

edit: I was gonna post the 30 hours of footage I have of me leaping into battle, getting my target to 65%, watching them get healed to full, then me dieing in three hits. It's really bad, just me doing that over and over and over and over. Of course I tried every build I could think of with every rot I could think of with about 20% give or take in leeway on outcomes. I probably wouldn't be able to get laid if I posted it though. So i'm broke from respec, frustrated from dieing so much etc.

Not that it matter, i'm just one person.

Edited by DarthVauhs

Nah were fine. Just don't go down any dark alleys alone. Be sure you always have your group of friends anywhere you go...

3/10

edit: I was gonna post the 30 hours of footage I have of me leaping into battle, getting my target to 65%, watching them get healed to full, then me dieing in three hits. It's really bad, just me doing that over and over and over and over. Of course I tried every build I could think of with every rot I could think of with about 20% give or take in leeway on outcomes. I probably wouldn't be able to get laid if I posted it though. So i'm broke from respec, frustrated from dieing so much etc.

Not that it matter, i'm just one person.

I pity you.

That was a rubbish example video

1. You're 50 and have all your skills in the 50 bracket, its like a whole other world there

2. You're hardly ever attacked, i think once in the whole video someone fights you, and you almost died infact, got very lucky it seems.

Useless video is useless.

wait what?

1. You're 50 and have all your skills in the 50 bracket, its like a whole other world there

I did enough pvp before lvl 50 so don't tell me how its before lvl 50..

2. You're hardly ever attacked, i think once in the whole video someone fights you, and you almost died infact, got very lucky it seems.

mhm kay. 1. luck is part of EVERYTHING. 2. Like I wrote above, next time I yell: "attack me, attack me!"...

Haters gonna hate

You can't expect people to take you seriously if you say "marauder's fine, watch my video", and when they do, they see that you're hardly targeted. Survivability has been one of the flaws that has been pointed out for ages now.