What month and date for transforing to another server?

vansir

you can do it right now with the low low price of a re-roll...

Currently the only transfers which are available are to people in the Asia Pacific launch countries who want to transfer to one of the oceanic servers.

It would be good to know at least the date, I reaaaally need to get my BH to transfer to another server where my guild is, and fast. I would pay how much they want :D

No date has been announced, so you're not going to get one however much you reaaaaaally need to know :)

As other poster said, if you reaaaaaaaally need to be on a different server then just roll a new character. If it isn't urgent then waiting for official announcement is all you can do.

It would be good to know at least the date, I reaaaally need to get my BH to transfer to another server where my guild is, and fast. I would pay how much they want :D

Unless you are a part of a guild from a different game, exactly how did you join a guild on one server when they are on a completely different server? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Unless you are a part of a guild from a different game, exactly how did you join a guild on one server when they are on a completely different server? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Hehe sorry for being nondescriptive there :) I created my first toon on a random server I picked from the list but afterwards learned that there are a lot of Nordic people - like me - on this other, more populated, server (Frostclaw) and created a toon there (actually 2) as an alt(s). But as it turned out there were lots of reaaaaally ;) cool people there and end it up in a guild with bunch of them. Now I'm having so much fun with them I cant bare the thought of even leveling my BH at the other server even tho that's the toon I love the most :D

And no, there's no possibility to make another BH at my guild server, I just cant go thru Balmorra and Nar Shaddaa 4th time in a too little time :D Would need for the time to golden my memories before I can do that ;)

So you can probly imagine why would like BW to hurry the heck up with the transfer feature ;)

Edited by Sallakat

I heard speculation it would be early this summer, like May.

Main thing is they're trying to make sure that your legacy transfers over properly, not just one character (they said this at the Summit). This means we have to:

--Wait until 1.2 for legacy.

--Wait a few other patches for them to iron out the legacy system and fix the inevitable bugs.

--Wait for them to perfect transfers based on the fixed-and-stable legacy.

I'm just as frustrated as you though.

I personally really want to get on a populated, RP-PVP server.

I only rolled on my dead one (not dead at the time) because I had a couple real life friends playing on it. Had no idea what I was missing, both population and roleplay wise until it was too late. Now my server is quickly becoming one of the lowest-pop ones out there.

And I do not consider rerolling an option because I don't have the time or heart for it, and it was not my fault.

Edited by Stenrik

I really hope it is offered soon.

I played the trial weekend, just joining a simple server without realizing that there were RP servers, cause i didn't think I'd stick around after the trial, but when i was finished, i realized i wanted to play a little more, so now I'm stuck with a lvl 15 character that i DON'T WANT to level up again, on the wrong server.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble but the devs can barely MANUALLY copy players onto the Public Test Server let alone getting around to doing a regular server transfer.

Better to cut your losses now and create that alt on more populated server that fits your timezone than to waste your time on a toon that will not/never get moved anytime soon in the near (or far) future.

Why pay $ to play on a dead server when you can have tonnes of fun on a populated one?

I played the trial weekend, just joining a simple server without realizing that there were RP servers, cause i didn't think I'd stick around after the trial, but when i was finished, i realized i wanted to play a little more, so now I'm stuck with a lvl 15 character that i DON'T WANT to level up again, on the wrong server.

My advice would be to try life on a RP server before deciding if you really want to be there, because a lot of people try it and either get turned off by all the idiots trolling with the "rawr, I am playing an anti-social Sith who likes nothing better than to piss on your cornflakes" or they turn into one of those trolls.

I do not agree. Asking players to start over should not be an option. Mythic did this and the end result was splitting its population and destroyed the game.

'Hey we're sorry about that disastrous expansion' but you can reroll on this new server that doesn't have the expansion. That's not acceptable. No rerolls.

Hehe sorry for being nondescriptive there :) I created my first toon on a random server I picked from the list but afterwards learned that there are a lot of Nordic people - like me - on this other, more populated, server (Frostclaw) and created a toon there (actually 2) as an alt(s). But as it turned out there were lots of reaaaaally ;) cool people there and end it up in a guild with bunch of them. Now I'm having so much fun with them I cant bare the thought of even leveling my BH at the other server even tho that's the toon I love the most :D

And no, there's no possibility to make another BH at my guild server, I just cant go thru Balmorra and Nar Shaddaa 4th time in a too little time :D Would need for the time to golden my memories before I can do that ;)

So you can probly imagine why would like BW to hurry the heck up with the transfer feature ;)

I feel you. I leveled a 50 SI and 50 Smuggler on a server that DIED. Like, legitimately. So I re-rolled on a major server, but hate that my SI and Smugg are left behind; and I won't re-roll, because the questing is SO linear, that I couldn't stand going through Balmorra, Coruscant, Dromund Kaas or Taris for the 8th time.

I've also heard it was supposedly happening in May, the oceanic move being a sort of test run, if you will. (The coding is clearly there) and, at the guild summit, they discussed how legacy would transfer (The highest legacy of the server you're transferring from/to would be kept) etc... so I know it's coming.

I'd like a definitive date as well.

Ok... ok.... I complained about not wanting to reroll after getting to 50, but getting to 15 takes at most 3 hours. That's one you can tough out. I've leveled every character to at least 10, and some multiple times to find the server I wanted. AFTER getting two characters to 50. Now I'm on my Third.

15? You can totally do that.

Can someone give an idea, in sheer numbers, of what you consider to be a sufficiently populated server? How many players on planet X? Instant WZ available?

I think Sanctum of the Exalted is sufficiently populated.

Here's the data, with actual numbers of players by level:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aregkvys5QFodDlvU05lQ3o2S3ZrYU9SYjRwM29OSnc#gid=0

If you want to store data for your server on this page, you can enter it here:

http://www.thethirteenthlegion.torportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=433241&TabID=3813820

Paige