<Penumbral> - "The Light in the Shadows" (RP - EMPIRE)

Luniara

PENUMBRAL”The Light in the Shadows"

(Empire | HEAVY RP | LIGHT GSF | SOCIAL | US East Coast)

Name: Penumbral

Server: Ebon Hawk (originally Jung Ma)

Faction: Empire

Founded: May 2013

Type: Heavy RP/GSF

Leader(s): Luniara

Recruiting: 17+ Mature Players, All Classes

VOIP: Teamspeak3

Forums: Active chatbox, wide variety of forum RP

Timezone: Eastern

Penumbral is an RP guild that focus’ on casual playstyles. After 4 years of offering a large community aspect, we now wish to focus on having fun as friends and RPing or playing a variety of other games.

Having transferred over from the Jung Ma server in January of 2016, we are an established gathering of experienced raiders, pvpers and role-players within SWTOR. Many of us are longtime friends from previous guilds and are also even family. Combined together, we have decades worth of experience within all areas. We pride ourselves in the light-hearted and easy going environment that the guild has, which means there is no shortage of welcoming folks and new friends.

Our main goal is to serve our members and our server community to the farthest reaches of our abilities. We cater to all classes and alignments. Alongside serving the community, we want to take part as well as carry out some of the highest quality roleplay the community will see.

Penumbral is CURRENTLY a Neutral focused RP guild.

The guild is based on the premise on being an organization that walks in the shadows. Initially a neutral entity between the Empire and Republic, Penumbral has changed from an organization of refugees of war to a force to be reckoned with. While no out and out Empire Loyalist organization, Penumbral maintains close ties with the Empire and Republic to allow it's members the freedom to develop how they wish. To walk the path to personal perfection that they want to choose for themselves. Penumbral, is about Freedom. Freedom for itself. Freedom for it's people, and freedom to pursue one’s path in whatever fashion. To this end, Penumbral has sided with the Alliance, and will do what it can to remove the yoke the Eternal Empire has placed upon the people of the Galaxy.

Though Penumbral is neutral in character, we remain Empire based not only because we originated from there, but also there is more freedom for our ambitions that the Republic and Jedi would normally abolish.

------------------------------------

How to Join:

The easiest way to join us is to visit our website and forums at http://www.Penumbralguild.com and register as a user. Fill out a short application and let us get to know what type of player, person or even character you are! Our guild is built on friendship and this makes it easier for us to get to know you, as a person behind a computer screen rather than a number on a roster.

Once your application has been accepted, you will go through a recruit phase. During this phase, you will be able to access larger portions of our website and participate with the rest of the guild in major guild storylines, warzones, raids and will also gain access to our teamspeak. Usually after a month has passed and you have proven yourself to the community, you will become an official member of our community. From there, you can rise to power within Penumbral!

What We Offer:

• Teamspeak3 server
  • Events Calendar
  • Highly Active RP community
  • Family friendly environment
  • Dedicated leaders
  • Active forums and website
  • In Game support
  • Fully Guild Ship and Strongholds

What We Look For:

• Maturity
  • Active players
  • Friendly, respectable and social
  • Dedicated, team player attitudes
  • Semi Lore appropriate names (for those partaking in RP)

-----------------------------

:sy_star:Goals

We have made a commitment to maintain a community of players that enjoy their experiences in SWTOR as well as a community. We believe the game is the most fun when our guild fosters friendship and values each member's presence.

In RP, we wish to offer a detailed playing environment and lore driven story that every member can enjoy, help build and participate in.

-----------------------------------

:sy_star:Atmosphere:

Penumbral is generally categorized as a Casual guild. Meaning that for the most part we are laid back and enjoy being social while working together as a group. However, we don't have time for pointless drama or immaturity and we value the image our guild portrays in the eyes of others. WE value our guild reputation, having come from a small server community.

We encourage guild members to actively help and aid each other to provide a more beneficial community and help the guild and its members thrive in a friendly and helpful social guild. We don't chastise "lone wolves" however, we do ask that aid is given where needed when possible.

-----------------------------------

:sy_companion:Types of RP to expect:

Penumbral welcomes all styles of RP traits and preferences. We are a very lore driven guild with a detailed wiki and background. We take pride in the large amount of teamwork between our members and our RP team.

Below is a list of what RPs you may encounter as a member of Penumbral.

• Infiltration
  • Interrogation
  • Diplomacy
  • Political Intrigue
  • Strategic Offences/Defences
  • Combat Training
  • Force Lessons/Master & Apprentice
  • Lore Departments

Though we have Forcers, the focus of the guild is not on the force and its practices. Imperial Agents and Bounty Hunters are more than welcome and in fact, encouraged to join.

We offer organized RP events twice a week on Fridays, our guild/member story missions, and Saturdays, our social gatherings. We utilized roll based combat and character sheet system. RP is abundant during the week ranging from side stories, personal stories and social RP. Penumbral also offers server-wide RP and has done a variety of events ranging from formal gatherings, concerts, and IC/OOC charities.

----------------------------------------------

In a war torn galaxy, the choices you make affect many.

Make the right choice.

Join Penumbral

For more information, you may visit our website.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! I am Vance! A Rp Officer of Penumbral and I can not tell you how excited we all are to start fresh on the Ebon Hawk! So far the community has been very welcoming and our members are looking forward to all that the server has to offer.

As a guild we try our best at every aspect of ToR to be the best! A few of our PvPers have already jumped into the fray and they have said nothing but good things! Our raiders can not wait to raid and our Rpers have already started immersing themselves into the Rp world.

If you are a Rper, PvPer, or PvEer, Penumbral is the home for you! We pride ourselves on our excellent storytelling, expert and calm raiding atmosphere, and our intensely competitive PvP groups!

Hope to see you all in game!

Thank you! We are happy to be here!

That being said, today is our official transfer day and a large amount of us will be coming over today and throughout the week as people log in and grab guild invites. We couldn't be more excited to be a part of the Ebon Hawk and we are so grateful for the warm welcome.

Recruitment has opened up and we've already began to see a positive response. It's amazing!

Penumbral will be picking up where we left off! GSF every Monday! Starting at 9 EST!

In-character flight classes will be every other week or upon request!

We always are looking for more pilots, Raiders, PvPers and Rpers!

See you in the skies!

Penumbral wishes everyone a safe and Happy Holiday and a joyous New Year! We couldn't be more thankful to be here on the Ebon Hawk!

We are always recruiting and looking for like-minded individuals as we make our way into the RP, PVP and PVE community of SWTOR!

We're growing and gaining notoriety on the Ebon Hawk and we couldn't be having any more fun with you all. Come be a part of a guild that will care about you, as a person behind a computer and a character on a screen. We take your storyline into account and will happily assist you on your way to greatness! Be one of us, play with us, enjoy what the game has to offer and have fun!

JOIN PENUMBRAL!

http://www.penumbralguild.com

Penumbral takes pride in our active and full RPs every week. Up to 4 groups, filled with fellow guildies playing out story lines makes up for an amazing story night every Friday. Members are tasked with molding the story to their own, making each week their own when presented with a task. We also take pride in our talented PvPers, particularly our GSF fighters! In Operations, our environment is casual and full of laughs. It is the best place to begin to grow if you're interested in obtaining gear and starting off your raiding career! Our Raid leader is willing to help and guide you on your path.

So, if you're looking for an active guild, check us out.

http://www.penumbralguild.com

Since the move to Ebon Hawk, things have hugely increased for us. As the activity officer, I have a lot of applications I've been wading through, but I want more. More wonderful people who are interested in playing

PVE always needs more people, and a lot of fun. PVP nights are huge draw, we have two nights for it. And don't get me started on RP nights--which I have a job with odd hours so I never get to go! But I am so jealous of the enjin updates and the Public Knowledge and Rumor thread--not to mention when people talk about it. I know the officers put a lot of planning into those nights.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, we need people like you.

Don't hesitate. Come apply.

Edited by Amealia

YOU NEED AN RP GUILD! I CAN SHOW YOU THE WAYS OF RP!

Seriously though; I've been with these guys since the beginning, give or take a few days. In a remarkably short amount of time, they became good friends of mine. Years down the line, I don't know a better or closer group of friends, RPers, raiders, and talented PvPers.

You won't regret joining up; at the very least check us out! If not for our sake, for yours!

I could just as easily say *bump* but for those looking for a guild. I'll simply share my experience so far.

I joined Penumbral when they transferred to the server. Yet I was talking with them a little bit before they made the switch. I have been an official member for about 2 months now. This guild has impressed me over the many others I have been apart of over the years. In this game and out of it. The leadership takes a great deal of care of its members and when you have something to say they listen. They spend a great deal of time working on activities and plots for the guild. More so then even I did when I was both GM and officer at any point in time. Which is saying a lot because I can drift into workaholic territory often.

The activity of the members has also surprised me. I have never been in a situation where nearly all the members of a guild are open to having you just come on into personal rp. Getting involved has never been easier. Which sometimes I have had more rp going on and I am involved in then I have in years. The rp prospects are there for the taking if you really want to feel part of something. Which has made me very inspired to roleplay full time again. They turned this slightly grouchy not very inspired to create old roleplayer into a guy who just won't stop creating rp for himself and other people again. Something I thought was just -gone-.

I couldn't stamp more my seal off approval for Penumbral. Even with all the rp. They out do themselves by hosting regular PVP nights and PVE raids that your more then welcome to become a part of. A friend of mine started a super casual late night raid group for Penumbral. The next day the officer and raid leader of the PVE raids that were all ready established began to help and offer assistance in both gearing and learning the fights for the new group. That is a perfect example of how awesome and helpful this guild is. Because all of them are like that. I finally have a home of like minded people who just want to enjoy the game. RP, PVE, PVP anything goes and we do it right by having fun.

If you had reservations before take it from me. It's worth it. So click the link and just maybe you might find that home you were looking for here. http://www.penumbralguild.com/recruitment

This guild has been my home for many years, ever since its creation. It has an accomplished PvE progression team and excellent PvP core that is right now helping any member interested in getting geared for the upcoming season. There are seven days in a week, six out of those seven something is always planned and organized. Be it one of the two night for organized raiding, two of the night of organized PvP with guild premades, or our two RP nights a week (Friday and Saturday).

I think this organization and constant promotion of daily events is Penumbral's biggest draw no matter what kind of SWTOR game you like to play (PvE, PvP, or RP).

Even though I'm still really new to the guild, Penumbral has been super inviting and friendly from the very second I got into the guild; from a guild-wide welcome as soon as I accepted the invite, to taking me right into the ranks of their PvE and PvP players, to participating in coordinated and exciting RP events -- with stellar writing and intriguing, deep story lines -- and their constantly active VOIP server, I've never felt excluded or unwelcome

We've been tacking world bosses, dashing our way through weekly heroics grind squads, and our crack-teams of content-crunching players have been steamrolling PvE from Ops to Tacticals to Hard Modes, all while dominating the PvP battlefields -- together, as a guild, as friends and allies

But don't let my ravings fool you, because for all the amazing RP and gameplay the guild has to offer, there's still that omnipresent feeling of, "Hey. I'm having fun. I feel welcomed!"

And let me just say: in an age of snobby 'elite' RPerss and 'pro players' who will snub you for being a couple points behind on your parse, Penumbral really is a breath of fresh air

Runo,

That is so sweet. Thank you so much!

I'd like to take a moment to welcome all our new members within the past 2 weeks!

- Kayleria

- Icyera

- Ashanix

- Nerakus

- Marhas

- Xoluhk

- Cairenn

- Raric

- Obtüse

We are happy to have you as a new addition to our little family!

I'm still a fairly new member to the guild, I joined up around early November of last year. Since then, I've gotten to know plenty of fantastic members and participated in some of the many events the guild offers. Every person in the guild is extremely kind and helpful, even when I have really obvious questions :p . It doesn't quite feel like a guild, it's more of a family. The members are always willing to help out others and I couldn't be more grateful. I've had terrible experiences with guilds in the past, and so far I've seen nothing negative in this one :) . It's a very positive environment and I'm glad to be apart of the family.

I hope to be around for years to come.

Edited by Rosachik