Missing something...

Hoshkar

I haven't really looked into the whole MK-9 craze till recently. Best info I can find is REing a droid part that costs 2 / 2 / 2 for the mats. Are they talking about the level 52 droid part? From what I read the best way to get those MK things is off level 54+ items.

Basically i am asking, what item should I be making to RE for the MK components that is the most cost effective way.

I am a 450 Master Crafter (a few of the harvesting ones x2 or x3) as well. With all of the crafting trainer schematics as well as all of the ones I see off the GTN. (Highest level is only 35, so any end game faction vendor schematics are out of the question at the moment).

Thanks for the help in advance!

I have another question!!!

Do you get a better MK-9 return on REing blue or purple versions of those droid parts? Do augmented ones give you more? Just asking because I have a mega surplus of the mats clogging my cargo anyway....

Oh and legacy of crafting perks, do those help your chances at making 2 MK-9s at all? My Synthweaver has the +5 droid item as well. Do those two stack if they do help chances?

Edited by Hoshkar

Even a no to crafting the MK-9 augments themselves with the crafting perks / droid +5 part? :(

If you are crafting MK-9 augments, and you get a crit, you'll get 2 kits instead of one.

This doesn't apply to getting the components to make the kits though. If you RE 10 crafted items, you'll get 10 components, which will let you make 1 kit (or 2 kits on a critical crafting result).

If you are crafting MK-9 augments, and you get a crit, you'll get 2 kits instead of one.

This doesn't apply to getting the components to make the kits though. If you RE 10 crafted items, you'll get 10 components, which will let you make 1 kit (or 2 kits on a critical crafting result).

Good to know, but does legacy crafting or the 5+ critical synthweave make it proc more often?

I may have answered my own question there...just made 4 MK-9 augments with my droid, and he crit 3 times :D (either stacking up the legacy crafting perks x3 + the 5+ droid thing works, or I am crazy lucky!)

Edited by Hoshkar

Good to know, but does legacy crafting or the 5+ critical synthweave make it proc more often?

I may have answered my own question there...just made 4 MK-9 augments with my droid, and he crit 3 times :D (either stacking up the legacy crafting perks x3 + the 5+ droid thing works, or I am crazy lucky!)

The Legacy of Crafting applies to Augment Kits as well.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4741593#post4767939

If your droid has full affection you should have a 28% chance to crit.

+15% base chance

+5% full affection

+5% synthweaving sensor

+3% legacy of crafting

Edited by Khevar

The Legacy of Crafting applies to Augment Kits as well.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4741593#post4767939

If your droid has full affection you should have a 28% chance to crit.

+15% base chance

+5% full affection

+5% synthweaving sensor

+3% legacy of crafting

Ah, affection.... I forgot to do that...Knew I was missing one of them. I did get them to 4,000 or so. I might have to look around for a guide on how to max it out (think the highest any of my characters have ever gotten one was in the low 5,000s).

Thanks for the answer!! :)

Ah, affection.... I forgot to do that...Knew I was missing one of them. I did get them to 4,000 or so. I might have to look around for a guide on how to max it out (think the highest any of my characters have ever gotten one was in the low 5,000s).

Thanks for the answer!! :)

No problem. :)

The ship droid likes Cultural Artifacts the most. You can't gain affection with him in conversations, only gifts will do it.

If you're on a budget, this spreadsheet will help you get him to 8000 affection cheaply. If you have a bit more money to spare, a less annoying method (as in, you don't have to give 272 gifts in a row) is to buy grade 5 blue and purple gifts off of the GTN for the higher affection gains.

No problem. :)

The ship droid likes Cultural Artifacts the most. You can't gain affection with him in conversations, only gifts will do it.

If you're on a budget, this spreadsheet will help you get him to 8000 affection cheaply. If you have a bit more money to spare, a less annoying method (as in, you don't have to give 272 gifts in a row) is to buy grade 5 blue and purple gifts off of the GTN for the higher affection gains.

Would be be cheaper to send crew out for grade 5 gifts? I do have 450 skill in everything, some of them doubled (like Diplomacy).

Would be be cheaper to send crew out for grade 5 gifts? I do have 450 skill in everything, some of them doubled (like Diplomacy).

Absolutely. It will take a while, because you only have a 10% chance of getting a Cultural Artifact, but you can always sell the other ones on the GTN yourself.

Quite cost-effective, albeit rather time consuming.

Absolutely. It will take a while, because you only have a 10% chance of getting a Cultural Artifact, but you can always sell the other ones on the GTN yourself.

Quite cost-effective, albeit rather time consuming.

Luckily at the moment my Diplomats are sitting idol (was working some side skills, but those can wait). Time to get them working again :D

Thanks again!

edit-

Already gave up, looked on the GTN, snagged some blue rank 5s for 6k each. Droid is 10k now :)

Edited by Hoshkar