2.1 Escrow Deduction, what does that mean?

nbayer

On this page: http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates

Escrow Deduction: If you are a Free-to-Play or Preferred Status Player who is at your credit cap, you can transfer credits from your Escrow (overflow) account to your game account. For more information, visit: http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/free/features.

What does that mean? If your at credit cap you can transfer more credits out of escrow?

I think that you'll be able to pay cartel coins to increase the amount of credits you can have on your character over 250k.

You still won't be able to have more than 250k (or 350k for pref? What is it?) on your character, but you'll have this special bank and the limit in it will depend on the capacity (which u increase through cartel coins). You'll be able to get credits from that account any time you want I think.

You are F2P and have 250k/250k, all extras go to escrow. You spend 200k, now you have 50k, unless you earn more, or subsribe thus getting all money form escrow. With this option, you can buy it and get same benefit as if you subscribed.

You are F2P and have 250k/250k, all extras go to escrow. You spend 200k, now you have 50k, unless you earn more, or subsribe thus getting all money form escrow. With this option, you can buy it and get same benefit as if you subscribed.

So basically you think it lets you pull credits out of escrow, assuming you have room in your cap?

Does that mean this doesn't already happen in some way? Escrowed credits just stay there in limbo until you spend cash?

Srs question; I've never done f2p. Seems.... punitive.

It says "If you are a Free-to-Play or Preferred Status Player who is at your credit cap, you can transfer credits from your Escrow (overflow) account to your game account"

Reading that sentence implies to me that you can get credits over your cap.

Let's say you've 5 million credits and you go F2P. You'll have 350K and 4.65 million in escrow. Now obviously you cannot buy anything above 350K, but you'll also be surprised to find that say you buy something for 350K from GTN, you now have 0 credits with 4.65 million credits in the limbo. These credits are unaccessible until you sub again. This really makes no sense and is pointlessly inconvenient (anyone who has a large amount of credit in escrow clearly is capable of earning credits). You still won't be able to make any single purchase that requires more than 350K, so for example you'd neve be able to buy the ship GTN at 5 million even if you have 5 billion credits in escrow.

Does that mean this doesn't already happen in some way? Escrowed credits just stay there in limbo until you spend cash?

Yes, as far as I know, this is the case.

It says "If you are a Free-to-Play or Preferred Status Player who is at your credit cap, you can transfer credits from your Escrow (overflow) account to your game account"

Reading that sentence implies to me that you can get credits over your cap.

Missed that, probably because it doesn't make sense to restrict escrow deduction by being at credits cap. As if, "you can't remove credits from ecrow untill you hit cap" is just stupid. If anything, my guess here would be that it's unfortunate wording, and it's more like "If you are (...) player that managed to reach unimaginable amount of money and hit credits cap, and thus have some money in escrow you can transfer credits from your Escrow (overflow) account to your game account"

...Missed that, probably because it doesn't make sense to restrict escrow deduction by being at credits cap. As if, "you can't remove credits from ecrow untill you hit cap" is just stupid. If anything, my guess here would be that it's unfortunate wording, and it's more like "If you are (...) player that managed to reach unimaginable amount of money and hit credits cap, and thus have some money in escrow you can transfer credits from your Escrow (overflow) account to your game account"

That was why I brought it up, it seems wierd that it's worded like "once your at cap you can take money out of escrow." It's not for subscribers, they specifically address F2P and Pref players. The subscribers credit cap is astronomical and there would be no reason to put it as a feature.

Edited by nbayer