Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

Malles

Hypothesis: Not enough. Many players I have talked to are simply here because it's a new MMO, and have no idea of the story of Revan and the Star Forge.

Recommendation: It can be downloaded from Steam for less than $10. You are missing out. Try it!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statement: Your hypothesis couldn't be anymore false. We all know, we just don't care. And if I don't speak for a good majority of players here, may Revan fly through my window and strike me down right now. Oh wait, he died. Edited by CephalicRex

They'd need to play/read the entire Knights series, then the Tales of the Jedi comics to get the full picture.

I've never read Tales of the Jedi, not really a comics reader.

KOTOR 1 and 2 need to have been played or else you must really not care for story if you play this game, which is strangely odd..

I was a bigger fan of KOTOR II. I think it has a lot to do with the robes being more appealing to me. Apparently aesthetics is very important to me when trying to Role Play a Jedi. I don't know how all the simple robes just disappeared between KOTOR II and SWTOR.

Played trough KOTOR 1, a bit of 2 and I dont like Revan at all. Its even more and more annoying when poeple keeps posting shats about how great, powerful and wise he was, while he was just a mehh caracter!

For Revan, it was more about his journey than who he was literally.

Hypothesis: Not enough. Many players I have talked to are simply here because it's a new MMO, and have no idea of the story of Revan and the Star Forge.

Recommendation: It can be downloaded from Steam for less than $10. You are missing out. Try it!

They would have to play TSL was well, because of Taral V and Maelstrom Prison.

They might also want to get SWTOR: Revan the novel so that certain questions can be answered.

I have, probably the best games I've ever played, second(ish) to SWTOR. I think its really important that people play the first games before they play SWTOR. It fills in so many of the gaps, and its a really great game. Playing SWTOR without playing KOTOR is like watching episode 3 before watching 1 and 2 (do I hate people who do that)

Also it helps you understand the importance of characters such as Revan and Meetra (and also why fans go crazy at any mention of HK-47) It also does the whole lightside/darkside thing really well. It also has some really great characters, who I'm afraid are often a lot better voiced than those in SWTOR - such as the awesome Kreia.

Only thing is, now I've played SWTOR I don't think I could ever go back to a game that isn't fully voiced!

Not sure about the importance of comics, what period do they cover?

Played both loved them, the thing I miss the most is the d20 system. Maybe I'm just an old school guy but I grew up playing AD&D and loved having a system that I was mostly familiar with.

I don't like how your weapon choice is imbedded with your advanced class in this game. There's a ton pof things I miss about the old system, but I heard it's not very compatible with MMOs.

I only played KOTOR1 up until Dantooine if I remember correctly, I'm here because it is a Star Wars mmorpg and because BioWare had a good reputation- now I'm only here because of the RP on my server and in hopes of BioWare to get their act together.

• 3 weeks later...

KOTOR 1: incredibly fun at the time. I'm not sure how fun it would be for new players who have already experienced TOR. It's an older game now...

KOTOR 2: Still fun, but lacked the excitement KOTOR 1 had for me. I felt more confused the whole game than anything else.