A few questions regarding Ranked PvP for 2014.

Lovethebeard

Give us a matchmaking system (ranked and regular) that actually works. (I won't get into the arena I got dropped in the other day where it was Rep on Rep, my team had a healer and 3 DPS and the other team had 3 healers and 1 DPS. I mean seriously, that's matchmaking?)

You confusing team composiotion and matchmaking. No one cares about team composition in solo q ranked arenas, especially in regular warzones. Solution is simple - get rid of solo q in ranked arenas and make separate type of regular q.

That would solve 2 problems at once:

1. The number of teams q-ing for group ranked arenas. At least at the start of the season - just to get gear. Currently, player who does solo q get the same amount of Ranked Commendations. I remember the guy who grinded Obroan in the first day after arenas was added. This isn't right. Players who does group q ranked arenas should get better rewards. I hope rewards at the end of the Season 1 would match this principle, otherwise "Why should I strain quing as a team while I can just get the same rewards solo?"
  2. Team composition will be balanced by the class role. It would happen naturally because you every arena team in group ranked arenas need both 1 tank and 1 healer.

Cancelling solo q for Ranked Warzones was a wise decision. It created many great PvP guilds, which increased a number of Ranked Warzone teams. In some guilds were even several teams. Right now all this guild are fell apart, because there's no reason in this game to create big PvP guild anymore. Think about this, Bioware.

Edited by GNWP

This. No matter what rewards or incentives they try to offer, ranked pvp will repeatedly fail without cross server.

Totally agree. With Wildstar and TESO coming up and I know Wildstar will have X-server at launch, this must be priority. Its just a shame Bioware feel the need to avoid answering this.

Hey there!

I'm glad you brought this up! I can tell you that Season 1 will be ending with the release of Game Update 2.7. We are currently working on a blog for you all that will outline all the other information about the end of the season, including the rewards (and none of them are fireworks :tran_smile: ). Look for this to be up by the end of the month.

That's all I can share currently, but if I get anything else, I will make sure to post it for you.

-tw

Thanks for updating us, should be interesting to see what kinda rewards are given!

This. No matter what rewards or incentives they try to offer, ranked pvp will repeatedly fail without cross server.

I hate arenas with a passion and I love objective based warzones. However, the lure of easy ranked comms caught my interest when season 1 started and within a week everyone stopped queuing. I would wait over 30min for a ranked queue to pop before I would grow bored and go back to the normal WZ queue (which pop within a minute).

Arenas need cross-server queues desperately.

Ranked is basically dead on our server. Promise of rewards it cheap, no one has anything to play for at this point and the arenas get old really fast. Not to mention the fact that ranged classes are still gimped compared to melee in 4 mans where it is much harder to free cast and easier to LOS.

Improve the $$ rewards for ranked, make it so ranked will count toward the PVP daily's, and give us better insite to the rewards... because right now there just isn't any incentive for those of us who already maxed out their gear.

So we just get another wait and see reply about a topic that very few of the players care about. So a very limited amount of pvpers (mainly on pvp servers) will gain these rewards.

How about new items in the pvp vendor?

How about x-server queues so leaderboards mean something?

How about some MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER aspect to warzones? (or are 4vs4 standard for a MMO now?)

Any OW pvp support coming soon?

Are you going to fix bolster so ppl bother getting pvp gear?

Are you going to fix matchmaking on solo so we get fair arenas? (a rep vs rep arena with 4 dps vs 2dps+2heals isn't fair whichever way you try and spin it)

So how about support for all our pvp issues not just lame rewards for leaderboards that are essentially meaningless without x-server queues. Too little too late AGAIN.

Hey there!

I'm glad you brought this up! I can tell you that Season 1 will be ending with the release of Game Update 2.7. We are currently working on a blog for you all that will outline all the other information about the end of the season, including the rewards (and none of them are fireworks :tran_smile: ). Look for this to be up by the end of the month.

That's all I can share currently, but if I get anything else, I will make sure to post it for you.

-tw

Why on earth do you think it was wise to hide the "REWARDS" until the END of the season? With every event, every new Reputation grind, you ALWAYS show the potential rewards AHEAD of time...know why they do that? Because that MOTIVATES players. By hiding whatever rewards you plan to have, you've hidden the carrot that attracts players to the specific activity.

And 6 month "seasons" are far too freaking long imo. These need to be much shorter...2-3 months tops.

Just wanna ask developers some questions too.

1. Why 90% top ranked players are imperials? Is it balanced and competitive game in your opinion?

2. Why there is high ranked teams average rating 2000+ faced on arenas low ranked teams 1100+?

3. Why in solo ranked there is possible as solo player meet 3 or 4-man premades?

4. Why there is Bolster on ranked arenas?

5. Why healers sorcs hybrids count as dps in solo queue?

6. Why death gas spread so fast in favor of stealthers?

kkthxbye

Hey there!

-tw

Thanks heaps for the reply! I'm super excited about this blog :)

Just wanna ask developers some questions too.

1. Why 90% top ranked players are imperials? Is it balanced and competitive game in your opinion?

kkthxbye

Seriously man. *** do you expect them to tell you for number 1? They're not holding a gun to your head and forcing you to roll Imp. People have done it by choice. If you are a good Pub with a good group, it won't matter how bad the other Pubs are because this is instanced PvP.

A tip for next season

show the rewards earlier

Release a new tier of gear exclusive to only ranked not obtainable through comm conversion

And watch the queues flourish.

Tier of gear? You mean stats? How about, no. Grinding two unique tiers is more than enough grinding. They need to remove ranked comm conversion, but not add a third gear tier.

Instead, the gear for Ranked should be ****** and purely cosmetic. I'd do anything for a ****** looking set of gear, and so would the majority of players I know.

Tier of gear? You mean stats? How about, no. Grinding two unique tiers is more than enough grinding. They need to remove ranked comm conversion, but not add a third gear tier.

Instead, the gear for Ranked should be ****** and purely cosmetic. I'd do anything for a ****** looking set of gear, and so would the majority of players I know.

Grinding is part of the mmo package if you don't need or want something to work toward fine Bolster will accommodate your playstlye

Its one of the main reasons ranked is slow to pop because there's no incentive everything you can get from ranked can be obtained in normals

If they had of made obroan a longer grind instead of just 1 week and not obtainable through comm conversion

People would still be in there grinding it but it's too late for obroan now

They need to start fresh with a new tier

Edited by Ren_simp

Grinding is part of the mmo package if you don't need or want something to work toward fine Bolster will accommodate your playstlye

Its one of the main reasons ranked is slow to pop because there's no incentive everything you can get from ranked can be obtained in normals

If they had of made obroan a longer grind instead of just 1 week and not obtainable through comm conversion

People would still be in there grinding it but it's too late for obroan now

They need to start fresh with a new tier

Grinding doesn't have to be part of the MMO package. It is, yes, but grinding for ever-increasingly powerful gear is just a lazy version of the carrot-on-a-stick gameplay. If I have to chase carrots, I'd much rather do it for vanity items and cosmetic gear than for a crutch to lean on while playing.

Now, I'm not saying get rid of the gear grind entirely. Leave it in, but leave it as is. Don't lengthen the grind please.

The other issue id like to talk about is for those servers (eg. Jung Ma (RP-PvP) which have little to no ranked pops during peak hour. Do you have any future plans for cross server queues, even if it was just solo ranked? Unfortunately for me, just moving servers isn't a plausible answer. Jung Ma is my home and will be until a server merge or you shut the game down and i'm sure there are more people just like me.

Pretty please, BioWare. Even just acknowledge that you have taken these into account and I will be a happy camper.

Hey there!

Look for this to be up by the end of the month.

-tw

It is almost humorous the way this was blown off.

Check out all these people who were just blown off:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=390179

Remember in 2012 when we were urged to wait "Just a bit longer" for the corss-server que's coming "soon".

http://www.swtor.com/blog/pvp-game-update-1.2

No matter if you played in 2012 or 2013, it was "Pre-season" and cross-server was said to start with "season 1".

Oh man, it's funny. Just laughing at all those players treated like suckers and swindled with false promises of support for the service to which they are subscribed.

:rak_03: lulz.