Hugs and kisses for kotfe?

Aeristash

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the most disappointing thing about the original companion romances is that once they play out to their conclusion and the sweet mails are forcibly deleted, there is nothing to remind you that they ever happened. x months later when you're walking around with your lover and they still won't give the slightest inkling that you were ever together, It gives off the somewhat depressing vibe that the romance happened in an illegitimate alternate bubble reality. What I'd like to see happen for romances in kotfe is:

• Special summon barks for romances like 'Honey, you called?' and 'I'm here for you'.

• Looped Kiss/hug animations activated by the wheel, like in dragon age.

• Lounge scenes like in me2. i.e: if you ask your romance to hang out, a scene could show you both having a drink together in the lounge area, or the pc stroking their lovers hair, bald head or lekku while snuggling on the bed (clothed).

• Also if possible, a picture of your romance to go on the wall of your study.

With things like that, it won't feel as if you're in a one sided estranged relationship. :o

I agree with all of this and have made a similar plea in a earlier post

we saw the practical uses..... I am looking for more social/ rp improvements

more companion /social aspects

repeatable cinematics

repeatable flirt / affection dialog (bg flirt packs)

continuously updated dialog

possible cartel items

romance DLC packs( me 3 type date quests)

Or, or, just actually get a romance in real life? :p

Quinn and Vector have never once left the toilet seat up, or left their clothes thrown about all willy nilly for my warriors and agents to have to deal with, or turned into giant babies when they got the sniffles. Its all about fun escapeism :p

• 2 months later...
For me, the most disappointing thing about the original companion romances is that once they play out to their conclusion and the sweet mails are forcibly deleted, there is nothing to remind you that they ever happened. x months later when you're walking around with your lover and they still won't give the slightest inkling that you were ever together, It gives off the somewhat depressing vibe that the romance happened in an illegitimate alternate bubble reality. What I'd like to see happen for romances in kotfe is:

• Special summon barks for romances like 'Honey, you called?' and 'I'm here for you'.

• Lounge scenes like in me2. i.e: if you ask your romance to hang out, a scene could show you both having a drink together in the lounge area, or the pc stroking their lovers hair, bald head or lekku while snuggling on the bed (clothed).

With things like that, it won't feel as if you're in a one sided estranged relationship. :o

Not to mention the fact that the Companion Romance Bug is still ignored, where

You can't tell Valkorion that you're in love with a companion, and you don't get your letter from said companion at Chapter IV

Really, it's been over a month since it was noticed and people started sending in tickets and posts on the forums. There's 100 pages on one thread and it has 17 thousand views, and we still haven't heard anything.

Also, can I just say I'm really disappointed that Tait hasn't updated the "Known Issues" thread? It still lists 4.0 issues. :mad:

I like all of your Ideas there. Especially the special/custom "random blurts" from campanions. Even in combat ones would be cool. "That was for you" or for the healers/tanks "Dont touch him/her!" "Im with you". The lounge scene would be neat too they could do it a a subscriber reward like the HK chapeter. That would keep me subbed to get to sit and have a reunion converstation with Vette when shes back.

/signed

I've been wanting something like this as well as the ability to replay our class stories at max level for awhile :o

Me too. If these things are "low priority", allow us to be able to fix them ourselves so they don't have to.

and Unlock them for the gay peoples who have been waiting for them to be unlocked for **** sake .

I'd love this, but once you've gone down the road of KotFE, you would need to get your romantic interests back first...and lord knows how many chapters that is going to take.

Pre-KotFE content this would be awesome and should be available.

(Some) male Agents should be OK in February, with the arrival of Kaliyo. (No spoilers because they were clear about it in the stream.)

I think the main idea is great. But I'd even go futher, like shownig different reactions from befriended or befoed companions.

While I played one of my SW alts Lana was to me nothing more than a kindred spirit, I wanted to befriend. But at some point it is either, "meh, just keep 3 steps behind me and be professional", or "let's bang". :confused:

I don't wanted either of that. It is by the ways only one of many examples.

And so totally agree. I would feel way more into SWTOR if my married companion would behave different, even if it has no more cutscenes with my alt. I miss the romantic weirdness of Vette. She is after her storyplot as anoying as ever during the game. Heck, my SW would go through Hell and Hades to make her happy, and she should kow this by now. Still no emotion. Makes me a little sad for missing that.

Another thing I'd wish is for the companions to react properly to my alts. As en example, Vette should learn, that my alt is an evil beast, but a puppy when it comes to her. Why the heck is she still upset, when I behave evil for the billionst time in front of her. Either she has to get mad at me way sooner, or accept the fact the way my alt is.

Same goes for Malavai. Knowing he will betray the SW toon, I raised a female SW to make him "feel sorry" for his betrail. Only one line and then nothing. Business as usual. Marriage was over, but we can't shoot him through the airlock, nor can we degrade him somehow. And he won't show.

I wonder if BW have the balls to give us the opportunity to fix this with the upcoming Chapters. I can't go over Malavais betrayl and I don't want to.

To me there are 3 antagonists I can't stand: Revan - that motherhumping MarrySue won't stay dead and is pervertig everything Jedi and Sith teachings stand for; Vitiate - this ol' dirtbag won't die and humilate us at any moment we have to interact with him; and f***g Malavai Quinn for we can not act properly and cut his throat. He is still around for what reasons since the main Story? After 4.0 and the redesign of the companions he has absolutely no legitimacy to stay alive. After his story ends it can be easily over for him and very few will ever miss him.

For me, the most disappointing thing about the original companion romances is that once they play out to their conclusion and the sweet mails are forcibly deleted...

So true it hurts. I learned a while ago to screencap important emails from characters. Some of them are brilliantly written and having us lose them when they can't possibly take up more than a few kbs of space is a major annoyance for me.

• 2 years later...
I can't believe all these years later they didn't institute these great Ideas and again let our romances stagnate and decay once they had the ability to die or face exile. The romances can not continue to just be shoved to the back shelf like they don't exist when it's not convenient for the story. We need these ideas Bioware! We need to see mails and some type of affection outside the dead dolls that run around after us.

I can't believe all these years later they didn't institute these great Ideas and again let our romances stagnate and decay once they had the ability to die or face exile. The romances can not continue to just be shoved to the back shelf like they don't exist when it's not convenient for the story. We need these ideas Bioware! We need to see mails and some type of affection outside the dead dolls that run around after us.

But look at a couple of examples we do have. An Arcann scene that is horrendous, never mind the fact he never should have been romanceable to begin with, and a scene with Ashara that does not permit for a key and obvious response to her actions. It's like the SWTOR writers were trying to make the story of The Last Jedi not look as bad in comparison.

Edited by BJWyler