Juggernaut or marauder?

Anysao

Hi, I'm a level 50 assassin and 48 (finished story) guardian.

Via legacy, my guardian is having a warrior son.

I can't decide between marauder or jug. I've heard positivity and negativity towards both.

Leaning to maur, but idk.

And what spec?

I've played Guardian (Jugg mirror) and Marauder to 50, and I enjoyed Marauder more.

Downsides:

- Less survivability: medium armor, fewer defensive cooldowns

- No flexibility in roles: congratulations, you're DPS.

- Noticeable complexity in the combat priority list

- you're paying to keep two sabers upgraded all game

Upsides:

- Awesome, dynamic, noticeable complexity in the combat priority list

- Secondary resources and stacking/unstacking buffs/debuffs keep you on your toes

- It just looks awesome

- Annihilation Marauders get the fastest interrupt in the game (6s)

- Bloodthirst, that level 50 ability that buffs your group with a 15% damage bonus for 15 seconds, is just sexy.

I loved Annihilation. It has self-heals that give you a little combat flexibility; you're not necessarily married to your healer. Dynamic, complex, with a top-tier nuke that feels great every time.

I've played Guardian (Jugg mirror) and Marauder to 50, and I enjoyed Marauder more.

Downsides:

Upsides:

- Secondary resources and stacking/unstacking buffs/debuffs keep you on your toes

- It just looks awesome

- Bloodthirst, that level 50 ability that buffs your group with a 15% damage bonus for 15 seconds, is just sexy.

I loved Annihilation. It has self-heals that give you a little combat flexibility; you're not necessarily married to your healer. Dynamic, complex, with a top-tier nuke that feels great every time.

That isn't true...

That's a lot of good positivity about marauder! Very convincing, and interesting.

I would like to hear both sides though.

My primary problem is that I always feel like I owe something; like being a dps isn't a good thing...

So I always tanked, so I help the community. Wish I could try healing for once.

Any other comments on which AC?

I've played Juggernaut until about 33 then switched over to Marauder (who's now 32)

Truly depends on your playstyle. I loved Juggernaut. Pre 1.2, I've taken in as high as 11 medals with over 70k protection. If you're feel is more defensive and group support, I'd suggest Juggernaut.

If you enjoy pommeling through bosses and other players alike, I suggest Marauder.

For Marauder, I've switched back and forth between Carnage and Annihilation. I'm Carnage now, since it's simply easier to level with (Kill things faster with more attacks, less DoTs.) While Annihilation has the DoT that's also a HoT to yourself.

Eventually, I'll try both specs at 50 and see which I like more, but as for right now and leveling, Carnage for me.

Eh, that helps a bit. But ive already got a GUARDIAN, so I know what juggernaut is like...

Marauder sounds like fun, but sheer DPS could be a bore.. But also easier to play. And your tank companion won't be for awhile. And broonmark is ugly. And a muppet.

See my point? I can't decide. Juggernaut will be too familiar, and marauder will be tough without a good tank. (healer early, though)

Decide for me!

Downsides:

Upsides:

- It just looks awesome

Annihilation Marauder has less survivability then DPS Juggernaut? OLOLOLO :DDD

Annihilation Marauder has the best survivability of DPS specs...

Eh, that helps a bit. But ive already got a GUARDIAN, so I know what juggernaut is like...

Marauder sounds like fun, but sheer DPS could be a bore.. But also easier to play. And your tank companion won't be for awhile. And broonmark is ugly. And a muppet.

See my point? I can't decide. Juggernaut will be too familiar, and marauder will be tough without a good tank. (healer early, though)

Decide for me!

Trust me, for PVE, you'll be MORE than fine with just using Quinn. When you get Jaessa, you can decide to switch and STILL be perfectly okay. You're killing things so fast, Quinn just keeps you above half health. Only time you'll need to give an effort is when you take on 2 elite mobs at the same time. And even then, not that much of an effort.

The tricky part is your combat rotation in PVP, especially when you're NOT 50, since every few levels you're incorporating a new attack here and there. Not to mention various enemies and various ways to either avoid them, or kill them.

Overall, chose Marauder, especially if you have a Guardian.

Annihilation Marauder has less survivability then DPS Juggernaut? OLOLOLO :DDD

Annihilation Marauder has the best survivability of DPS specs...

Crud, I've been doing it wrong XD

Marauder does get a lot of dirty emergency tricks. Jugg get some mad hot damage mitigation and also Force Push and Backhand as ways to get some breathing space.

Marauder sounds like it's getting the praise!

Ok, which specialization? Sounds like annhilation is getting the best of the bunch, but I've heard one or two about carnage....

Which one is the best?

Marauder sounds like it's getting the praise!

Ok, which specialization? Sounds like annhilation is getting the best of the bunch, but I've heard one or two about carnage....

Which one is the best?

I find, personally, Carnage to be easier to level with and easier to learn/get the hang of Marauder controls in PVP. When you're more advanced or feel as though you can handle more difficult combat rotations, switch to Annihilation. Coming from a Carnage Marauder, an Annihilation Marauder WILL kill me, eventually. They focus more on DoTs.

Again, Anni you have DoT crits that give you HoTs. A decent portion of your damage focuses around your DoTs, which in turn gives you health, so that little boost of more survivability.

Carnage will give you a more straight forward approach. You still have your DoTs, though the crits won't return you with a HoT and it's a more straight forward DPS approach.

I find, personally, Carnage to be easier to level with and easier to learn/get the hang of Marauder controls in PVP. When you're more advanced or feel as though you can handle more difficult combat rotations, switch to Annihilation. Coming from a Carnage Marauder, an Annihilation Marauder WILL kill me, eventually. They focus more on DoTs.

Again, Anni you have DoT crits that give you HoTs. A decent portion of your damage focuses around your DoTs, which in turn gives you health, so that little boost of more survivability.

Carnage will give you a more straight forward approach. You still have your DoTs, though the crits won't return you with a HoT and it's a more straight forward DPS approach.

its worth it to know im not really into PVP... got bored of it. majority of inquisitor was pvp, so im no pvp junky any more.

Hi, I'm a level 50 assassin and 48 (finished story) guardian.

Via legacy, my guardian is having a warrior son.

I can't decide between marauder or jug. I've heard positivity and negativity towards both.

Leaning to maur, but idk.

And what spec?

Please dont take this the wrong way, but if you have already leveled a Guardian (almost to 50 per your post), then you should go Marauder. The reason is, the Juggernaut is the mirror class to the Guardian, so you would be basically playing the same AC gain, just on the Empire side, with different ability names and animations.

The Marauder is different all around from the Guardian/Juggernaut AC.

Both are incredibly fun, but if you want something different from the Guardian playstyle, go with Marauder.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but if you have already leveled a Guardian (almost to 50 per your post), then you should go Marauder. The reason is, the Juggernaut is the mirror class to the Guardian, so you would be basically playing the same AC gain, just on the Empire side, with different ability names and animations.

The Marauder is different all around from the Guardian/Juggernaut AC.

Both are incredibly fun, but if you want something different from the Guardian playstyle, go with Marauder.

Thats good enough reason for me. now, what spec?

PS- thanks for reminding me to change it too i got level 50.

So far as I can tell from playing Combat spec Sentinel and so far as Rage spec mara (please correct me if i'm wrong) but the specs seem to basically go a bit like this:

Rage: AoE

Carnage: 1 on 1

Annihilation: DoT/Self-heals

I can personally vouch for Rage and Carnage. Great fun watching a republic player's health go steadily down down down while you run rings around em in Carnage spec.

So far as I can tell from playing Combat spec Sentinel and so far as Rage spec mara (please correct me if i'm wrong) but the specs seem to basically go a bit like this:

Rage: AoE

Carnage: 1 on 1

Annihilation: DoT/Self-heals

I can personally vouch for Rage and Carnage. Great fun watching a republic player's health go steadily down down down while you run rings around em in Carnage spec.

Oh wow, this helped break it down a lot.

I'll try rage, as a group effects would be nice. Plus, I know shii-cho "berserk" (or frenzy, or something) gets to of rage cost on the vicious strike. That'll give me a boost!

Crud, I've been doing it wrong XD

Marauder does get a lot of dirty emergency tricks. Jugg get some mad hot damage mitigation and also Force Push and Backhand as ways to get some breathing space.

Backhand is Tank spec only.

• 4 months later...

I was going to start a thread with the exact same title but since this one is here:

Are Maurauders too squishy or are they ok?

Which class uses less abilities in their rotation or are they similar, I read in an earlier post that Maurauders are a little harder to play than Juggs?

Which class has the most abilities with cooldowns and which have the longest cooldowns?

I was going to start a thread with the exact same title but since this one is here:

Are Maurauders too squishy or are they ok?

Which class uses less abilities in their rotation or are they similar, I read in an earlier post that Maurauders are a little harder to play than Juggs?

Which class has the most abilities with cooldowns and which have the longest cooldowns?

Anyone?