What does the sith empire fight for?

pezit

For cookies, and free beer.

But seriously, the conflict goes way back to the Great Hyperspace War, when couple idiot smugglers stumbled into the Sith Empire territory who, at the time, were not even really aware of them republics existence, alarmed, and worried of possible invasion (as their previosu king had just died), they started arguing what to do.

Than one idiot Sith Lord decided to use the worry about the republic to boost himself to position of king, framed couple republic terror/military acts and went to war.

stuff happened, Sith Lord died, the Empire lost, and the Republic decided to stop this from happening again by killing the Sith, and did so well at it that everyone thought that the Sith Species had gone extinct.

Too bad, some had survived, and they were kinda miffed about the whole genocide thing, so they rebuilt their empire and after thirteen hundred years or so, struck back.

Themselves, and power. That's the Sith will. For the common people, for order, at any cost. The common Empire patriot think the Republic is corrupt (which is true), the democracy chaos and weakness, while the Empire stand for order and strength. They also value meritocracy, the more you excel, the further you go in the hierarchy. Even if it's limited if you are not a force wielder.

Basically, it's some kind of tyranny, which is based on order and power relationship.

It's not that bad in the idea, but in truth, it's really extreme, and such is not really good in the fact. And it's also served by a web of lie and fear to ensure the loyalty of the common soldier.

In the end, the truth is, the Empire is probably just a tool in the hand of the Emperor, for his own goal.

Edited by erei

The supporters of the empire, why do they support it? I've tried to find some information about the sith empire but I can't find much on this subject, are they just the big bad wolf?

revenge, its seriously that simple. They where exiled and hell lets face it even if they tried to exist within the republic the Jedi would seek to end them since the sith bring unbalance to the force.

they fight for Power, their leader, the Emperor is kind of like darth Nyhilus and wants to achieve immortality because there is something he fears. Death.

he wants to extend his life further by consuming the galaxy. and the rest of the sith follow him for one or all reasons below.

A) they fear the emperor

B) they just want to kill anything and everything

C) Revenge for their loss in the Great Hyperspace War

D) Loyalty to the ways of the Sith

Sith Empire is ruled like any dictatorship state. There is a lot of prejudice involved - Sith pure blood and humans are considered as superior race, the elite of society, the high class citizens while other races are considered inferior and become slaves throughout many generations. Slave's offspring are born as slaves.

You also have the Imperial intelligence that everyone is afraid of. Everyone thinks that he/she is being constantly watched, and if he/she does anything against the Empire they will be punished - most probably executed.

Actually, most of Sith Empire society is made of simple people that would probably prefer to live in more democratic state - that is Galactic Republic. They are just ruled by fear and have to pretend they love their Empire and Emperor.

Sith (not race, but members of sith order) make only like 5% of all people living in SE. I just guessed that number, consider it a rough estimate. Another 10-15% is probably the army. That leaves us with 80% of innocent people that just want to live their lifes peacefully

Edited by Deviss

Even before The Great Hyperspace war, Sith were warring and struggling for power. By the time those two republic explorers found themselves on Korriban, the Sith had conquered all nearby star systems. It could be argued that the Sith follow a code of morals very similar to that of a Homeric Hero.

Everything about the Sith speaks ambition. Not just power for power's sake, but power for the sake of excelling everyone else. In the Iliad we read about Hector or Achilles. These are two great Homeric heroes, and the way they win glory for themselves is just the slaughtering of their enemies. If we think about it, that's not really the way we view heroes now. What we consider heroes are people who practise mercy and bravery as unshakable virtues to live by, rather than being really good at sticking swords into people.

Take into account the humiliation of the attempted, and near successful genocide of the Sith species, their defeat, and the influence and power the new Sith Emperor had at his command, and you have a species of people that you've just kicked in the proverbial testes and who also happen to have a taste for vengeance. Each member of the Sith Empire will understand why they are not in the glorious position of power they should have been in at the end of The Great Hyperspace war, and have made it their goal to contribute to correcting their current position.

For cookies, and free beer.

But seriously, the conflict goes way back to the Great Hyperspace War, when couple idiot smugglers stumbled into the Sith Empire territory who, at the time, were not even really aware of them republics existence, alarmed, and worried of possible invasion (as their previosu king had just died), they started arguing what to do.

Than one idiot Sith Lord decided to use the worry about the republic to boost himself to position of king, framed couple republic terror/military acts and went to war.

stuff happened, Sith Lord died, the Empire lost, and the Republic decided to stop this from happening again by killing the Sith, and did so well at it that everyone thought that the Sith Species had gone extinct.

Too bad, some had survived, and they were kinda miffed about the whole genocide thing, so they rebuilt their empire and after thirteen hundred years or so, struck back.

^^ Pretty much sums it up. The Sith were always hateful of the Jedi since the 1st and second schisms but I think this is what escalated things to what they are today.

Sith, like Jedi, actutally make up a very small percentage of the population(less than 1%.)

And though they are a big scary empire with military policing and governors that rule by fear, most of their people really do believe that order can be created by the empire taking over. We get to see the tyranny, but we don't get to the see the larger part of the population which are workers and farmers and everything else. They live their lives and pay their taxes. Their kids join the military. Imagine your life but with no role in politics and no official rights. No different than anywhere else save the government body.

I love Star Wars with all my heart, but a lot of the galaxy was ok with palpatine's Empire too. Very few of those Stormtroopers in the OT were clones. They were citizens that were willing to fight for order. It is the same in the sith empire. :csw_deathstar:

Thanks a lot for all the great answers. I was considering making an imperial agent and I felt like I needed a bit more information why they would fight for the empire and I think I get it now so again, big thanks.

revenge, its seriously that simple. They where exiled and hell lets face it even if they tried to exist within the republic the Jedi would seek to end them since the sith bring unbalance to the force.

But wait....if the Force is a zero sum game (Every sith = -1 and every jedi = +1) then wouldn't the Sith be necessary to balance the force?

But wait....if the Force is a zero sum game (Every sith = -1 and every jedi = +1) then wouldn't the Sith be necessary to balance the force?

It isn't zero sum in that way. More like 'how does the river flow?'

Sith build irrigation systems, burms, and generally force the river into doing what they want (including flooding people they don't like). Jedi just drift along and go where the river takes 'em and trusts that the river is providing what is needed wherever it floods/irrigates/etc.

Sith, over time, twist how they use said river, and the river is trying constantly to get back to the "natural state" it was before the Sith started meddling. "Balance" just means "back to normal." Sith want a new balance on their terms.

Uhm. I didn't mean to build a case for the Sith... but, well, that's what it comes down to. Forcing/perverting the Force versus commingling/cooperating with it.

Edited by myrdinn