[Slicing] Werent Thermal regs supposed to be increased?

Mallorik

From the patch notes:

Slicing

•Slicing missions will now correctly populate the level 25–32 mission level drop down when reaching skill level 125.

•Increased the number of Bio–Mechanical Interface Chips and Thermal Regulators provided as rewards for level 400+ Slicing missions.

Im still getting 2 thermal regs from bountiful and 4 from rich crits.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you people ever cease to not cry about something?

I see a lot of information sharing.

I don't see any tears.

Good businesspeople don't cry about change. They just figure it out and update their business model.

Does taking the perk to buy crit work on slicing missons or just on crafted items? Think I asked a couple weeks ago but never got a response. I know the two characters that should be critting on slicing continue to fail, but my guy that is archalogy crits all the darn time.

I'm still having issues, not had a crit for days, and its really annoying as I have a load of new gear to augment up......

Since the patch I haven't had one crit, I was getting more the week before the patch. Maybe its Bad luck but this just getting to be a bit of a joke

Does taking the perk to buy crit work on slicing missons or just on crafted items? Think I asked a couple weeks ago but never got a response. I know the two characters that should be critting on slicing continue to fail, but my guy that is archalogy crits all the darn time.

According to a yellow post from about a year ago only on crafting missions.

4 Thermal regulators in 60+ missions. NOT 4 successful missions. 4 Thermal regulators. Crewskills at max, affection at max. Crit chance at max.... I'm now just grinding the dailies and buying the things. It's a better business model IMHO. - Besides prices have dropped to around 35-37K each on my server (Progenitor)

Yes dailies are a grind.... But sometimes you get some nice loot, basic comms, reputation credit and the occasional lockbox, and oftentimes an ad-hoc group up with someone nice....

•Increased the number of Bio–Mechanical Interface Chips and Thermal Regulators provided as rewards for level 400+ Slicing missions.

Im still getting 2 thermal regs from bountiful and 4 from rich crits.

This exact same patch note was in 2.0.1. I believe they have already increased the yield and this is erroneous. I saw more thermals after 2.0.1. This patch note may refer to discovered missions. I haven't tried one yet. I also have not seen a change in the number of crits I get since 2.1.0.

Either way, having the same note on 2 different patches is confusing and needs to be clarified.

4 Thermal regulators in 60+ missions. NOT 4 successful missions. 4 Thermal regulators. Crewskills at max, affection at max. Crit chance at max.... I'm now just grinding the dailies and buying the things. It's a better business model IMHO. - Besides prices have dropped to around 35-37K each on my server (Progenitor)

Yes dailies are a grind.... But sometimes you get some nice loot, basic comms, reputation credit and the occasional lockbox, and oftentimes an ad-hoc group up with someone nice....

Dailies are never a good way to make money. Too much effort for too little return.

69 (Rich) missions = 40 Thermal Regulators = 6,710 credits per unit

Most missions run on +2 Crit companions; all on 10k affection ones

I didn't get a single Thermal Regulator since 2.1 went live! Not a single one!

Which pet(s) are you running the mission, "Unsliceable?" on? What is their affection? How many times have you run that mission?

Edited by DarthTHC

Will you people ever cease to not cry about something?

So, posting a problem with the game is now "crying:?

Maybe you enjoy running 60 slicing missions without one single Thermal Augmentor and all that money gone? Because, that's what has happened to me. Iv'e not got one single Thermal since 2.1 running slicing every day multiple times across two toons. So, this is "crying" heh? Grow up man.

All companions are maxed affection, all screw skills are 450. Not one single Thermal drop running Rich or Bountiful Yield missions since the day 2.1 hit. Over 60 missions, and not one. I can;t do the crafting I need to do because of this.....but I guess that is "crying".

Edited by DarthVengeant

Its the same as before the patch for me, have gotten none except for the discovered missions & based on the rapidly falling prices of Bio-Mechanical Interface Chips on my server I'm not the only one.

Only run "Watching the Watchdogs" and "Unsliceable?" along with discoveries. Get several hacking toons. If you don't have the missions up, run all missions, go to ship, abort the crappy ones and take the good ones. Repeat. Profit.

I got one slicing toon and get between 8 and 20 thermal regulators a day.

Only run "Watching the Watchdogs" and "Unsliceable?" along with discoveries. Get several hacking toons. If you don't have the missions up, run all missions, go to ship, abort the crappy ones and take the good ones. Repeat. Profit.

Really? What's the return rate on Watchdogs and the discovery?

i call ********

For the sake of the argument, lets say those two missions have a 20% crit rate with full affection.

Crits return between 2 and 4 Thermal Regulators.

20 TRs would require about 7 crits. Which would, at the 20% rate, generally take 35 missions. You can run two at a time with one toon, and they take an hour to run.

So, 14 hours a day? Must be nice not needing a job.