A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.
Aren't you concerned that the ping-pong effect of repeated changes to repair costs are going to leave a bad impression for players? When your 50% discount goes away, repair costs will once again seem unreasonably high, likely prompting more complaints. It'd be better to reduce them to a new, permanently acceptable level, and be done with the matter.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, we’d like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.

now i will be re subbing

The magic number-

With adaptive armor my repair cost 8265 credits with one death in Section X.My earnings in that area until said death was 45000 credits and i didnt even turn in missions i had completed up until that point.

I was a reckless and aggroed everything.In other words tried to die while killing stuff.That ratio is 4 to 1.

if you cant afford the repair bill then your dying more often than your playing.

Nuff said.

P.S. Oh yes last night did a 16 man raid ,wiped once repair cost was 26k including all the deaths from the previous hour which to mobs was 2 times.Made 100k so again 4 to 1 .

Edited by Akomo
Addition

The magic number-

With adaptive armor my repair cost 8265 credits with one death in Section X.My earnings in that area until said death was 45000 credits and i didnt even turn in missions i had completed up until that point.

I was a reckless and aggroed everything.In other words tried to die while killing stuff.That ratio is 4 to 1.

if you cant afford the repair bill then your dying more often than your playing.

Nuff said.

P.S. Oh yes last night did a 16 man raid ,wiped once repair cost was 26k including all the deaths from the previous hour which to mobs was 2 times.Made 100k so again 4 to 1 .

Your values don't make sense because you don't get more credits because you're killing mobs with better items on. My deaths cost me about 10k on a single wipe with basically no durability loss. So you can't factor it evenly like that.

And try doing NiM EC on progression when a silly rng item can wipe your raid... and see how much money you make from trash on that raid.

Basically... I have no idea what you're trying to say besides throwing out some numbers.

Edited by Lostpenguins

The magic number-

Nuff said.

We're all impressed with how awesome you are, but not everyone is as good as you are at video games, nor do all of us have the desire or the time to grind as much as you do.

the way i read the posting you will have to wait until the next maintenance patch to get back to raiding. maybe that will be sooner rather than later. but if it is tuesday then no raiding this weekend for you. :(

That's how I read it, too. That gives plenty of time for my guildies to get through the Gree event, then get back to bidness! :cool:

Now that I think about it, if I put my tinfoil hat on, maybe they did this on purpose so people would be pushed toward the event instead of raiding? :rak_09:

Aren't you concerned that the ping-pong effect of repeated changes to repair costs are going to leave a bad impression for players? When your 50% discount goes away, repair costs will once again seem unreasonably high, likely prompting more complaints. It'd be better to reduce them to a new, permanently acceptable level, and be done with the matter.

If they were concerned with what they did they wouldnt have lost 70% of the players.

There is a simple way to deal with that. Just explain what happened on the login screen, and make sure to specify that the additional 50% reduction is temporary move meant to compensate players who were penalized by additional repair costs. There is also reality that a 50% reduction is fairly marginal considering the comparatively large percentage impact many players experienced by tying the repair costs to the cost of the equipment shell.

Good job Bioware. You've done the right thing, and I will resub as a result. Simply this: Thank you.

If they were concerned with what they did they wouldnt have lost 70% of the players.

Truer words have never been written.

Indeed.

Failed experiment on EAware's part. Too many people unsubbed and forced their hand. They were wrong again as usual. I won't be resubbing. A few more days left to lurk. :cool:

Edited by Urael

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Imo, forget the 50%. Just fix it and let it go. Let everyone get used to the "real" repairs instead of taking the chance of messing it up even more and giving some more reasons to cry foul.

I would like to thanks all people who whatever the reason supported all of us who claimed that the repair cost was way too high.

All efforts in posting and explaining why we were upset, all the details we had to write to all guys who were just giving us great advises like "just die less or go grind more dailies"...

Thanks to all guys who decided to cancel their subs (like me) as we understand and believe that MONEY is something which can also make them hear us.

Have fun and take care all

Imo, forget the 50%. Just fix it and let it go. Let everyone get used to the "real" repairs instead of taking the chance of messing it up even more and giving some more reasons to cry foul.

Yep, when this 'gift' gets reverted to normal there will be massive QQ about the 'heinous' repair cost increase.

Yep, when this 'gift' gets reverted to normal there will be massive QQ about the 'heinous' repair cost increase.

Not a chance. I assure you, there will be 10x's more people who remember this and defend Bioware than there will be complainers.

Indeed.

Failed experiment on EAware's part. Too many people unsubbed and forced their hand. They were wrong again as usual. I won't be resubbing. A few more days left to lurk. :cool:

Don't know if it was an experiment or not, but I figured they looked at metrics, seen huge decline in raiding over the weekend, had a huge batch of folks un-sub and the exit survey stated that repair costs was one of many reasons, they had no choice, I don't believe they did any of this for me and you they did it to save thier own bacon, and revenue.

But for what ever reason, I am glad they did in the end, they still have a lot to learn about customer service thats for sure.. :)

Edited by kevlarto

It all depends on communication. If a couple of weeks prior to Makeb's realease, they bring this up, that this 50% bonus will be off, then it won't be a problem.

Communication is a powerful tool.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, we’d like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

Dear Mr. JovethGonzalez,

This is the type of honest and straightforward response customers want to receive. You acknowledged the problem, apologized to your customer and explained how the development team intend to resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Happy Customer

This ^

It is a very nice gesture on BW's part. However, come this Spring (ROTHC release), most of the players will only see the repair prices as an increase and not an expiration of PR discount prices.

Edited by Graydon