Server Transfers, 10 Months Later....

Icebergy

Dulfy made a comment on her site last week that leads me to believe that we MIGHT see these in 2.2 or 2.3. I would have thought if it was 2.2 they would have started hyping it though.

Just have to be patient. You know it's coming. Clearly until it is fully self-serve and flexible enough to allow the player to select from point A to point B... it's not ready for release.

I gather it follows the same methodology as character renames that are coming in 2.1.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just have to be patient. You know it's coming. Clearly until it is fully self-serve and flexible enough to allow the player to select from point A to point B... it's not ready for release.

I gather it follows the same methodology as character renames that are coming in 2.1.

Patience ran out 6 months ago.

i keep missing the dev statements on this. they did voluntary transfers once before as i recall. you could voluntarily move to a sever of their choosing. if you chose not to, you were transferred anyway. remember that? do you suppose that's how they expect "point A" and "point B" to work? i still think that the next transfer will be from apac servers to west coast servers chosen by EA. this is because the devs said at some point that's how they intend to fix their apac empty server problems. i have also seen that they implemented some sort of voluntary transfer to the PTS. maybe their next voluntary transfer will coincide with when they open the pts next, and we will be allowed to voluntarily transfer there while we keep another copy of our characters on our normal servers?

it sure seems to me that this topic comes up a lot. if the devs had any intention of implementing a system that wouldn't piss of the player base, even if it's another 6 months out, i think they would say something about it. as it is, with my understanding of their release history and intentions, there is no reason to believe transfers will happen in the way most people in this thread would like.

i had 8 characters on Fredon Nadda once and i contacted the support in case they could transfer 4 of the characters(Imps) to another RP server instead of the PVP server and they did it the next day, i still even have the Emails from the Team in my MSN just in case.

so yeah the service is there but there is something holding it...

but i must say that iam very thankful to them cause my Orgin server was RP server so they transfered my characters based in that fact and how it effected me because the Server Emerge, and again thanks alot!

Edited by saremun

i had 8 characters on Fredon Nadda once and i contacted the support in case they could transfer 4 of the characters(Imps) to another RP server instead of the PVP server and they did it the next day, i still even have the Emails from the Team in my MSN just in case.

so yeah the service is there but there is something holding it..

They have a legitimate excuse for holding off on server transfers. It could destroy servers if numbers drop again and people flee the least populated ones.

i had emails, in-game tickets, and forum posts saying they wouldn't move any of my characters. not that they couldn't, just that they wouldn't. when i asked, i think they were losing thousands of players a day so they just didn't care whether they lost my account or not.

can you say about when you asked, and was there something special you asked for or something about your reasoning that they would want to help? I would still get a couple more legacy unlocks if they moved a couple of my characters, but they've already told me they would prefer to see me quit. of course i'm sure a lot of people on the forums would prefer i quit, so i don't blame them.

They have a legitimate excuse for holding off on server transfers. It could destroy servers if numbers drop again and people flee the least populated ones.

Me moving my alt that I no longer play from the server I do not play on to the server that I do play on so that I can play that alt will not destroy any server numbers.

The only servers your excuse would have any merit over are the APAC ones, and I think they said they are shutting those down anyways.

i had emails, in-game tickets, and forum posts saying they wouldn't move any of my characters. not that they couldn't, just that they wouldn't. when i asked, i think they were losing thousands of players a day so they just didn't care whether they lost my account or not.

can you say about when you asked, and was there something special you asked for or something about your reasoning that they would want to help? I would still get a couple more legacy unlocks if they moved a couple of my characters, but they've already told me they would prefer to see me quit. of course i'm sure a lot of people on the forums would prefer i quit, so i don't blame them.

that was in 2012-09-15 and the reason is that i was on an RP server bu after the emerge i couldnt transfer to any other RP server so i was foreced totransfer to Fredon Nadda(pvp server), at the start we had one destination from Lord Calypho server to Fredon Nadda but after some time and threads by players they offered a second destination server The Progenitor(which was great if i didnt already transfer to Fredon Nadda) so that was my reason. that was the best customer service i used before cause they acted quickly and all..

Me moving my alt that I no longer play from the server I do not play on to the server that I do play on so that I can play that alt will not destroy any server numbers.

The only servers your excuse would have any merit over are the APAC ones, and I think they said they are shutting those down anyways.

Just because that's what YOU would do with a server transfer doesn't mean that's what everyone would use them for. They have to plan for what a majority of people CAN do with the changes they make.

Just because that's what YOU would do with a server transfer doesn't mean that's what everyone would use them for. They have to plan for what a majority of people CAN do with the changes they make.

I would be willing to bet that a large % of the people who want transfers so bad are already not playing on the server they want to transfer off of. And I would also bet that most of the remaining people are APAC.

I am one of the people the trolls would probably call a 'fanboy', but there really are no more excuses on transfers. Especially the fact that they won't even tell us whats going on. They should at the very least tell us what the hold up is.

They finally broke the silence! From mmorpg.com:

MMORPG.com: Are for-pay server transfers coming? If so, when can players look forward to this service? Can you talk about any additional for-pay services players can look forward to?

Cory Butler: Paid Character Transfers were originally slated to be part of Game Update 2.1, but we ran into a few bugs with the new Legacy Achievement system. You can expect Paid Character Transfers to be coming in hot on the heels of Game Update 2.1. No new announcements for paid services to make at this time.

He didnt say in 2.2, so that either means they don't think they can get them in in time for 2.2 or it will be between 2.1 and 2.2. I am hoping for the latter, but we shall see.

hm , no matter how you look at it they are Transfers . and do you really think that's gonna hurt SW it may being more players.

I'm willing to bet that will be the main use for it , to transfer from server to server and I'll bet they will even have limits on how many you can do when etc .

And its been what now almost two years to plan for it or more ?.

I know this is a old dog

RIFT had them 6 month after the game went live with one limit you can do them once a week free and I think you still can .

In June RIFT goes Full F2P .

Edited by tanktest

He didnt say in 2.2, so that either means they don't think they can get them in in time for 2.2 or it will be between 2.1 and 2.2. I am hoping for the latter, but we shall see.

I'm hoping like you said some time with in the next few weeks before or at 2.2 or shortly after may two weeks after, its been dragging on long enough now .

Come on, APAC is barely alive, I have plenty of toons of different levels, I'm trying to chase the wz pops, even then... yesterday online for 8 hours.... 3 WZ's. WHAT ARE U WAITING FOR THIS IS REDICULOUS. Apac is generally pissed at what you decided to do with our servers but now with no e.t.a people are getting suicidal on the fleet. I see atleast 10-20 people jump over the barriers due to sheer boredom everyday now, it's a growing pandemic. We're lucky to get 50 people on the imp fleet at any one time.

Transfer us now before it's too late, or atleast give us an e.t.a

KTHNXBYE

Come on, APAC is barely alive, I have plenty of toons of different levels, I'm trying to chase the wz pops, even then... yesterday online for 8 hours.... 3 WZ's. WHAT ARE U WAITING FOR THIS IS REDICULOUS. Apac is generally pissed at what you decided to do with our servers but now with no e.t.a people are getting suicidal on the fleet. I see atleast 10-20 people jump over the barriers due to sheer boredom everyday now, it's a growing pandemic. We're lucky to get 50 people on the imp fleet at any one time.

Transfer us now before it's too late, or atleast give us an e.t.a

KTHNXBYE

That sucks...I was in a similar situation, though not quite that bad, on my original server about 14 months ago. I took matters into my own hands and rerolled on Jedi Covenant.

It worked out great, I am happy with my guild and friends on JC, but it is also the reason I need transfers now. I want my original alts back.

Thanks for sharing this. I have seen a few mentions of transfers being a possibility in 2.2 but this is the first bit of info that actually might validate the claim.

You're not out of patience lol. It's been 9 months and you're still playing. Go back to your game.

Yes, I am playing my new (relatively now) main and new alts. The two are not mutually exclusive. I do not have the patience anymore to sit idly by while they take forever to implement these, I am going to keep posting and asking for info and complaining until we get it.

It has been 10 months since "the initial phase of our Character Transfer Service".

The community expected paid transfers 9 months ago.

We have gotten NOTHING since then.

The silence is beyond old, it is ancient now. We need to know when this is happening. We need to know why it hasn't happened yet. We need SOMETHING. Bioware has been stringing us along on this for far too long, and I am out of patience. Even if you just gave us your excuse, at least we would know there is something happening with these.

I promise if you give a rough date estimate and aren't able to meet it exactly I will not throw a hissy fit.

Sorry but you guys have nothing check the APAC thread... its 5300 odd replies and 349000 views and we Just got a kind of answer.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412