copy blizz again for pvp

Ecilin

blizzard is takeing there pvp in the right direction and removeig resiliance from gear and makeing it a baseline stat on the char that everyone has.

i sugest that be done here it would help solve some of the problem of new folks getting into pvp.

if everyone has the same amount of expertiese then there would't be as huge a gap.

of course this would also mean the weekend warriors would be able to pvp in there raid gear which might be a problem considering the raid gear is much better.

but this could be easly fixed by flaging gear as pvp and pve and only allowing stats from pvp gear to work in wz if they can do it for medpacks and such should't be hard to do it for gear.

of course this would also mean the weekend warriors would be able to pvp in there raid gear which might be a problem considering the raid gear is much better.

They should totally have some kind of gear stat that's PvP exclusive to prevent that.... They could call it "expertise" or something.

blizzard is takeing there pvp in the right direction and removeig resiliance from gear and makeing it a baseline stat on the char that everyone has.

i sugest that be done here it would help solve some of the problem of new folks getting into pvp.

if everyone has the same amount of expertiese then there would't be as huge a gap.

but this could be easly fixed by flaging gear as pvp and pve and only allowing stats from pvp gear to work in wz if they can do it for medpacks and such should't be hard to do it for gear.

Before u quote emperor blizz u should look into what they are ALSO adding into the mix which is going to make people rage even more and ask resilience to be brought back.

Blizz is also introducing "PVP POWER" which if you played beta and prolly don't, u would know PVP Power increase the damage you deal with all attacks. If you stack PVP Power that lovely icelance thats wrecking your fat whore mouth now for 20-30k will now hit you for 60-70k+. -This isexactly why i unsubbed from WoW, after seeing the stupid numbers my frost mage was spewing. That along with 2 CD resets, 3 damage mitigation, and just plain stupid ****, i determined Its not worth my time if i wont have a challenge on my mage anymore.

Give it a week.

This is why they keep nerfing all classes damage with every panda spell update they release.

As i recall bloody murder was screamed in this game when BW announced everyone was getting nerfed.

bet you all have full warheros and que for reg wz just to kill new pvpers and talk about how leet you are as well

and pvp power is no diffrent then how expertise works in this game now so would't change anything.

something needs done now that i have my full battlemasters i don't notice as big a diffrence but for the last 2 weeks getting there was no fun and if its not fun something needs to be done to make it more fun.

nobody likes going against others who have 5k to 10k more hp then them let alone 500 or so more expertiese which makes a huge diffrence

You need to read further. Resiliance has not been removed from PvP gear it is probably going to be renamed PvP Defense. PvP Power has been added. Yes, everyone gets some "base" PvP defense, but PvP gear has more.

A quote from a QA session with Blizzard:

"If you have a lot of Power, you’ll do more damage to other players, but they likely have Defense as well. If you fight players in lots of PvE gear, they’ll take more damage. Likewise, a player in PvE gear won’t have enough Power to effectively penetrate your Defense."

So there will now be two PvP stats in WoW, both of which are enhanced by obtaining PvP gear and the difference between PvE and PvP geared folks in PvP environments will probably be even wider that it is now.

For SWTOR to follow they'd need to give everyone some baseline Expertise, remove the damage enhancement part. Add another PvP only stat, say Kill Juice :p and make additional Expertise and Kill Juice only available on PvP gear that needs to be earned from PvP. That what you want???

Edited by Erasimus

of course this would also mean the weekend warriors would be able to pvp in there raid gear which might be a problem considering the raid gear is much better.[...]

They should totally have some kind of gear stat that's PvP exclusive to prevent that.... They could call it "expertise" or something.

That made me lol. But no, seriously, dont like raiders PvPing in their PvE gear? Quit crying about expertise then... Sheesh.

Edited by Katsuragisama

pvp has to have its own gear. Otherwise those of us who dont raid will be at a disadvantage. PVE is boring to me. I only do PVE Dailies when I need Credits. Yes for a fresh 50 pvp can be hard...but the same can be siad about a fresh 50 doing endgame PVE. So deal with it. Grind your warhero then grind more warhero to switch out mods.

First, BW needs to STOP trying to copy Blizzard and their crappy Warcraft game. So many companies try to do this that the entire MMO industry is in decline. Stop promoting Warcraft.

Now, I keep reading about pvp'ers saying they will be at a disadvantage if people with "raid" gear pvp. This is the reason to validate expertise. I don't believe this. There should be no gear separation. Here is how to get rid of both expertise and pve/pvp gear separation and prevent the "raiders" from having a advantage in pvp.

Take Recruit gear, make the stats equal to Columni. Columni has a set bonus while Recruit does not, like it is now. Battlemaster is then equal to Rakata, each with differant set bonuses. War Hero is equal to Black Hole/Campaign. WH and Camp have differant bonuses while BH has none, like it currently is.

Now with the stats equal you add the weapons/belts/bracers, pick one, to the set bonus. Now you can have a 2,3,4 and 6 piece bonus. Why do this? Because now you can choose which bonus(es) you think fit you best. Want the 2 piece WH with 4 piece Camp? You can go ahead and grind out the pieces. Don't like pvp? Not a problem. Rarely pve? Also not a problem. You keep the gear available through the content like it is right now. Recruit/BM/WH through pvp, Columni/Rakata/BH/Camp through pve.

By doing this you eliminate the separation. So now IF a pvp player decides to run some Ops or HM flashpoints they can without being told they are worthless due to gear. A heavy pve player wants to try his hand at pvp he can without the gear being such a hinderance. It also eliminates the forced gear grind some players have to go through in order to play all content.

BW should do this so that it can get away from what Blizzard does. Asking them to continue to copy Warcraft is wrong. Warcraft has hurt the genre due to everyone trying to copy and beat it. Something like what I laid out above would be better and differant. Expertise isn't needed and neither is a pve/pvp gear separation.

First, BW needs to STOP trying to copy Blizzard and their crappy Warcraft game. So many companies try to do this that the entire MMO industry is in decline. Stop promoting Warcraft.

Now, I keep reading about pvp'ers saying they will be at a disadvantage if people with "raid" gear pvp. This is the reason to validate expertise. I don't believe this. There should be no gear separation. Here is how to get rid of both expertise and pve/pvp gear separation and prevent the "raiders" from having a advantage in pvp.

Take Recruit gear, make the stats equal to Columni. Columni has a set bonus while Recruit does not, like it is now. Battlemaster is then equal to Rakata, each with differant set bonuses. War Hero is equal to Black Hole/Campaign. WH and Camp have differant bonuses while BH has none, like it currently is.

Now with the stats equal you add the weapons/belts/bracers, pick one, to the set bonus. Now you can have a 2,3,4 and 6 piece bonus. Why do this? Because now you can choose which bonus(es) you think fit you best. Want the 2 piece WH with 4 piece Camp? You can go ahead and grind out the pieces. Don't like pvp? Not a problem. Rarely pve? Also not a problem. You keep the gear available through the content like it is right now. Recruit/BM/WH through pvp, Columni/Rakata/BH/Camp through pve.

By doing this you eliminate the separation. So now IF a pvp player decides to run some Ops or HM flashpoints they can without being told they are worthless due to gear. A heavy pve player wants to try his hand at pvp he can without the gear being such a hinderance. It also eliminates the forced gear grind some players have to go through in order to play all content.

BW should do this so that it can get away from what Blizzard does. Asking them to continue to copy Warcraft is wrong. Warcraft has hurt the genre due to everyone trying to copy and beat it. Something like what I laid out above would be better and differant. Expertise isn't needed and neither is a pve/pvp gear separation.

lets see; someone that pvps all day long will eventually get to war hero gear; yes? some may take a very long time others not so much; but all will get there. Now Raiders will QQ because they "have to pvp" to get gear to raid.

Expertise (or other like stats) are there to create a diffence between PVE and PVP gear. so raiders wont have a gear advantage in PVP and PVPers wont have gear advantage in raids. So it is to create two gear grinds.

is there a better way? hopefully. however I have yet seen that idea on these or any other internet forum. perhaps some dev out there will get there. and no, i dont think Anet and GW2 is that dev or game

WOW now all of the raiders will be dominating pvp instead of those whom PVP, that is a lousy direction that they are taking.

as opposed to the highly complex nature of swtor? lol

^^ This sums it up

An yes we should have two sets of gear. Pvp gear and pve gear. Makes since to do so an give a nice time sink for devs. Though in don't think it's long enough for the amateurs at BW. Takes them months to toss in minor fixes so, ya.

lets see; someone that pvps all day long will eventually get to war hero gear; yes? some may take a very long time others not so much; but all will get there. Now Raiders will QQ because they "have to pvp" to get gear to raid.

Expertise (or other like stats) are there to create a diffence between PVE and PVP gear. so raiders wont have a gear advantage in PVP and PVPers wont have gear advantage in raids. So it is to create two gear grinds.

is there a better way? hopefully. however I have yet seen that idea on these or any other internet forum. perhaps some dev out there will get there. and no, i dont think Anet and GW2 is that dev or game

You miss the point. You equal the gear but give them differant set bonuses. Raiders will NOT cry about pvp'ing because they don't have to. They can continue doing what they do now. Same with pvp'ers. They won't have to worry about a pve guy coming in with a supposed advantage. The pve guys will pve, the pvp guys will pvp. Those of us who do both can get whatever gear we want and won't be discriminated against like the current system does.

Having two gear grinds is a completely stupid system. SWG did not have this. No expertise, no gear separation. My idea is not perfect and needs refinement, but the overall idea is what we should have. Throw out expertise, even the stats on pvp and pve gear and give them differant set bonuses. If some pvp guy wants to run a few raids he can without being told he is useless because of his gear. I have had this happen to me several times. Even for story mode EV/KP. How is my idea bad?

Wouldn't giving the exact same amount of expertise on all pvp gear solve the problem? That would instantly make recruit more viable, and the stat difference between recruit and the higher tiers is so large that you still want to upgrade as quickly as possible. Additionally it would make designing the next tier of gear easier.

Before u quote emperor blizz u should look into what they are ALSO adding into the mix which is going to make people rage even more and ask resilience to be brought back.

Blizz is also introducing "PVP POWER" which if you played beta and prolly don't, u would know PVP Power increase the damage you deal with all attacks. If you stack PVP Power that lovely icelance thats wrecking your fat whore mouth now for 20-30k will now hit you for 60-70k+. -This isexactly why i unsubbed from WoW, after seeing the stupid numbers my frost mage was spewing. That along with 2 CD resets, 3 damage mitigation, and just plain stupid ****, i determined Its not worth my time if i wont have a challenge on my mage anymore.

Give it a week.

This is why they keep nerfing all classes damage with every panda spell update they release.

As i recall bloody murder was screamed in this game when BW announced everyone was getting nerfed.

Boomkin PWNAGE muahahahahaah!!!

pvp has to have its own gear. Otherwise those of us who dont raid will be at a disadvantage. PVE is boring to me. I only do PVE Dailies when I need Credits. Yes for a fresh 50 pvp can be hard...but the same can be siad about a fresh 50 doing endgame PVE. So deal with it. Grind your warhero then grind more warhero to switch out mods.

Actually it doesn't. Resilience was a half assed solution to a problem because other solutions were beyond the technical limits of the time. But in this day and age? Let me ask you something: Would it not make more sense to scrap pvp gear all together and in warzones just completely standardize stats across the board for each specialization right down to the health point? Completely removing the impact gear would have on a fight, shifting the emphasis completely to player skill? A fresh fifty and a vet in full raid gear of identical specialization would have the exact same stats, their gear being completely irrelevant.

To this, I point to the above comment.

Edited by Khraizin