Remove mine from Corruptor Zero, it's a NiM mechanic.

No, I don't wanna easy fights, don't get me wrong.

I loved wipe and wipe on NiM Dread Guards, the challenge is amazing, but Corruptor Zero already have a very high raid damage (I'm healing so I can tell you). It's healable but it's very tight. For me he is harder than some NiM bosses, and way harder than the other ones from DF. It's more than just "follow the mechanic and we'd be ok".

Following the mechanic or not I see 3~4 people dropping to 15% in one shot from adds at the same time. Adds targeting healers doing 20k 1 hit only. Never saw insane raid damage like this in Hardmode.

This fight really seems like a NiM mechanics in HM mode.

You're trying to fix the mines bug, I ask you to remove this mechanic from HM, work on it and put on NiM with other mechanics working 100%.

Going by http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=691930 I think the damage of the mines is broken. There's nothing wrong with the mechanic itself, it's just doing more damage than I think BW intends. The patch where they reduced the damage increase of the stacks is also the patch where the mine started doing a lot more damage. Maybe they did mean to increase the damage and they just said the exact opposite in the patch notes by accident, or it's not intended to do as much damage as it's doing. Given how little effort they seem to put into actually testing the fight in any way, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the wrong damage value. :p

You're trying to fix the mines bug, I ask you to remove this mechanic from HM, work on it and put on NiM with other mechanics working 100%.

This is absurd. Even with the bugged laser mines (which I agree should be fixed), plenty of guilds are still clearing it. As the poster before me mentioned, it was faceroll easy with the "dud" mines. This probably made a lot of casual HM guilds feel entitled to a clear.

If your raid is taking too much damage, I can assure you that you're doing it wrong. Have your dps and heals stack more or less on the boss and you won't even see the mines appearing in many cases because they'll purge instantly. There's plenty of time to move out a little just before the anti-gravity field or use your speed buffs.

Inquisitors use force speed to escape, bounty hunters hydraulic override, warriors use intercede (for juggs), force camo (for marauders), agents roll. You should be able to stack on or very near the boss and get 1 stack max while still avoiding anti-gravity field.

If you're having trouble during the adds phase, your ranged dps should still stay close to the boss and hit the adds from max range. Your melee dps will be able to leap to Corruptor Zero to cleanse themselves. The key is not waiting on it. For slow classes, on my sorc healer I will even stand near the boss and pull someone in if they're far away or having trouble reaching in time.

Here's an example of most of this in action from a heal perspective: http://www.twitch.tv/original_bro/c/3163308

It's actually a sloppy kill with a few people caught in anti-gravity, but the key is stacking on or near the boss.

Corruptor Zero already have a very high raid damage (I'm healing so I can tell you)..

I'm also healing. I can tell you it's fine as is for HM.

Following the mechanic or not I see 3~4 people dropping to 15% in one shot from adds at the same time. Adds targeting healers doing 20k 1 hit only.

If your dps is dropping to 15% from adds, the adds are either not being tanked properly or dps were not topped off going in. In short, this is a l2p issue.

You must be kidding me...Maybe lets remove debuff on Nerfea also or just all debufs on hard modes to make it easier, so even pugs can clear it in 69 gear..

Nerfea? I don't want it easier, I just don't wanna play a boss totally RNG based. And I think 69 is not viable for this fight atm.

When the mine was broken and a non-issue this fight was faceroll easy. It should be temporarily disabled if they cannot fix it properly, but go do SM if you cannot handle the fight correctly. Leave HM as it is for players who like at least some challenge.

I said that I like challenge, why are you telling me to do SM? :confused: :confused:

I cannot handle the fight correctly? It wasn't me who did a buff instead of a nerf to the broke mechanic, who's wrong here? :confused:

I'll use some of your strategy and see how it goes.

who's wrong here? :confused:

You are, the mechanics are working perfectly, they only issue you might have with the mine is that it does to much AoE damage, and that is a L2P issue since it comes down to players not moving to the boss fast enough. If adds are doing 20k damage, that means that it'¨s more then one or two focusing down a player and that is tanks not doing their job since they should take the damage. I challenge you do give me a proof of this 20k hit you took as a healer, I think you are totally wrong here just like you are with your entire message in this thread.

I loved wipe and wipe on NiM Dread Guards, the challenge is amazing, but Corruptor Zero already have a very high raid damage (I'm healing so I can tell you). It's healable but it's very tight. For me he is harder than some NiM bosses, and way harder than the other ones from DF. It's more than just "follow the mechanic and we'd be ok".

Following the mechanic or not I see 3~4 people dropping to 15% in one shot from adds at the same time. Adds targeting healers doing 20k 1 hit only. Never saw insane raid damage like this in Hardmode.

You are doing something wrong then - either you as a healer or your group as a whole. I say this as a healer. The fight was a joke to begin with in terms of healing and could have easily been done with one healer..there was hardly any damage. So now that it is slightly more challenging ppl want to QQ about it? If people are getting that low in that fight even currently - something is wrong. As for the adds...Option A) Your tank sucks at picking up what he should. Option B) Your DPS suck and everything is lingering WAY too long. Option C) You're healing is questionable. Option D) Some combination of the three. FYI - Threat Drops are your friend. Good Luck.

I would not insist the mines to be a NiM mechanic to begin with. Despite BW unintentionally breaking the purpose of the Concussion Mines, it is still do-able in HM. My guild managed to adapt to a new strategy every week (at the rate of bugs) just so we can overcome its challenge.

We made a jokingly assumption that the next patch, the adds are the Concussion mines itself (Hehe). But still, if BW can find a way to fix the fight, then the fight is adequately "Hard" itself.

I love to see other NiM mechanics other than the Concussion Mine in Corruptor Zero though so let's not go with the "remove the mine" option unless BW can come up with alternate solutions to the problem.

NO.

Mines are buggy but it is fine for hard mode.

If Bioware had not said that this was an unintended function this could be left this way.

Regardless of class make up, you are able to get out of lazer phase, with mines going out w/ zero deaths.

It just requires coordination. Not even cooldowns.

Nerfea? I don't want it easier, I just don't wanna play a boss totally RNG based. And I think 69 is not viable for this fight atm.

I said that I like challenge, why are you telling me to do SM? :confused: :confused:

I cannot handle the fight correctly? It wasn't me who did a buff instead of a nerf to the broke mechanic, who's wrong here? :confused:

I'll use some of your strategy and see how it goes.

Well, I was simply responding to the title of this thead:

"Remove mine from Corruptor Zero, it's a NiM mechanic. "

So I said fix the bug, but do not lower the challenge by permanently nerfing (as your title was asking for).

Please make a more accurate title for the thread if that is not what you meant.

I think first of all check the gear requirement of DF HM, you will see it's harder than TFB and SAV, and it's same requirement as Nim, so I say to feel like a nim boss, that's normal, second, that mine is bugged again, now he uses it on soft enrage, which is hilarious, since everyone has to run from him and can't get close to cleanse the debuff without dying

Saying it's a NiM mechanic is a bad way to approach the issue. See because NiM DF isn't out yet, the only thing you do by mentioning it in your OP is create a tangent topic.

I'd change the thread to be: Decrease AoE damage from HM Corrupter Zero.

And even then this would be my response: No! My guild cleared HM DF this week and honestly didn't wipe more than a couple times on CZ. His mines are not NiM level.

I agree it shouldn't be removed, but fixed to happen less frequently and not during the laser phase. Punishes melee dps alot since they are needed on adds and back on the boss at a moments notice. If a leap is ever misused, you're usually coming back to the boss with 3-4 stacks which leads to a wipe and strains the healers even further.

I agree it shouldn't be removed, but fixed to happen less frequently and not during the laser phase. Punishes melee dps alot since they are needed on adds and back on the boss at a moments notice. If a leap is ever misused, you're usually coming back to the boss with 3-4 stacks which leads to a wipe and strains the healers even further.

I would like to heavily disagree with this post, I normally player Gunslinger but I have cleared it on my sentinel as well as few times and it all comes down to knowing when then the Mine cast is done, wait before you jump and then jump away to adds when boss has done it. Then you won't have to wipe the raid :p

Honestly the mines aren't much of an issue. Maybe add some red text or something, but we just have people call them out.

Now we did have an issue with the adds where they were spawning, all targetting one healer, and flooring them immediately. Also had to stop having our tank bubbled on the pull for the same reason (occasionally happens on Brontes fingers as well). We fixed this by having gunslingers throw flash grenades and it isn't an issue.

Honestly they just need to fix the damn mines going out during lasers phase, and him occasionally popping down from unified beam while still immune to damage.

For NiM I'm betting there will be multiple mines, droid adds will be un-CCable, and mines going out during unified beam will no longer be a bug.