Affection and crew skills

MouseNoFour

PLEASE READ MORE THAN THE FIRST 1-2 LINES.

At what level do crew skill efficiency reaches its peak?

Lets say I have a companion at 10,000 affection and initiate a crew skill mission/crafting and complete it shortly thereafter - I will receive the most efficient time possible with that companion.

However, by doing dailies and choosing options that that specific companion does not like - at what point does the loss of affection points start to affect the efficiency of those crew skills? 9,999 or at some number below that?

Edited by MouseNoFour

Somewhere I read that a companion must have 10,000 affection to receive all bonuses, including bonus crit chance, for all crew skills. Anything less and they lose it.

I believe this is true as well, because there is a similar concept for alignment titles. You can get the Pure or Loathsome titles for 10k Light/Dark, but if you dip even 1 point out of that 10k, you lose the title. Would make sense if you lost affection with your companion that you also lose bonuses immediately.

Somewhere I read that a companion must have 10,000 affection to receive all bonuses, including bonus crit chance, for all crew skills. Anything less and they lose it.

I believe this is true as well, because there is a similar concept for alignment titles. You can get the Pure or Loathsome titles for 10k Light/Dark, but if you dip even 1 point out of that 10k, you lose the title. Would make sense if you lost affection with your companion that you also lose bonuses immediately.

Damn... i have a bunch of companions 9,9##. If this is true, then im running with less than maximum efficiency companions. Crap... going to have to bring out about 20 odd companions to get the last few affection points on every one of them.

Utter BS, companions have the crafting bonuses whether they have 10.000, 1.872 or -10.000. Only mission time is effected by affection.

This also means that i cant do daily dialogue with companions out, as the risk of losing affection and therefore crew skill efficiency is there until i can gain the affection back.

Lol... I use dailies to max out affection on all companions! On belsavis one of teh dailies gives 348 affection to the SI healer pet.

You get negative affection in a convo? Hit ESC and restart it.

Dev answer to player question regarding affection/crit chance:

DarthTexas: Can you give some insight to the numbers behind crafting? What is the baseline crit chance for crafting? How does companion affection affect crit chance? Exactly how much of a boost is +1 or +5 critical chance in crafting? Having the Reverse Engineer % chance is a nice step in removing some of the unknowns in crafting; now we just need the numbers on the creation side to be less ambiguous.

Patrick Malott (Systems Designer): The baseline crit chance for crafting is dependent on the difficulty of the crafting action relative to your current crafting skill level. The difficulty is color coded in the crafting GUI.

Orange Difficulty: 10%

Yellow, Green, and Gray Difficulty: 15%

Companion Affection scales Crew Skill chance up to +5% at maximum affection.

A Companion Trait critical chance bonus of +1 or +5 is a percentage. Example: The Imperial Agent companion character Kaliyo grants a +2 bonus to Underworld Trading Critical. This is +2% bonus.

Using Kaliyo at maximum affection as an example, if she ran a green difficulty Underworld Trading mission for you, she would have a 22% chance to score a mission critical success.

Edited by RattyRattail

Yep. We know critical chance scales from 0 to +5% based on affection. We know it's +5% at 10k, what we do NOT know is whether there is a "grace" buffer zone (say, 9,900 to 10k)

One would surmise that if there was one, it would also be there for efficiency, which would be fairly straightforward to test.

Start a mission @ 10k, see how much time it says is remaining.

Cancel mission.

Do dialog option that drops affection

Start exact same mission. See if it starts with more time remaining.

Personally, I don't do dailies, so no ideas which options would give predictable -'s. (and, quite frankly, I don't really care enough to test).