Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I dressed him up as Krennic and made him choke on his (bar)aspirations.

So from RP pov, having the near death experience is enough as a last warning. He is also too much one of a kind to kill off.

There is no other imperial officer companion with the same vibe, so as a guy i am looking forward to this.

Edited by Kaedusz

Even the most clever people can find themselves in situations they'd prefer not to be in. Quinn is no force user and he's stuck between two very powerful Sith lords...loyalty to either or neither could be a death sentence. No one is above being outplayed...not even Valkorian/The Emperor in this game. It's your prerogative if you want to keep him or not, but to not see the value in his mind doesn't make sense. He proved himself on more than one occasion as a master strategist. He just happened to be a little too close to his own situation...owing loyalty to one and loving the other...and both are vastly more powerful than he.

Indeed. That's why Nathrrya wouldn't deal the killing blow, even if she could have, she still loved Quinn.

As she said to Obi-Wan "I cried myself to sleep that night because I couldn’t have the man I loved in bed next to me, and I cried more knowing that I would never have him again.”

Yeah yeah love is blind, forgive and forget etc etc, no not really

You said so your self qinn was caught between 2 force users and instead of standing by the SW's side, trusting her, supporting her and having faith in her abilities like a person whom genuinely cared for someone would, he chooses to betray her to baras after he had already seen how baras had used then betrayed the SW and nothing in his head even ticked "hey what if baras would do the say to me", also who cares how strong baras is, the SW was basically the enforcer of the emperor and you dont get really much more powerful and influential than that, and quinn was there, he saw the SW get contacted by those 2 sith of the emperor so he knows it true

Relationships are built on trust ad and together they could have orchestrated a plot to use baras's lingering trust of quinn against him, but no he betrays you; trys to kill you, not sleeping around on you or something where you can say oh forgive n forget, but wants to murder you and your other companions and even has the gall to try and make jaessa betray you as well....when ******* crazy, power hunger darkside jaessa shows more loyalty to you...and that he wants to either kill your other companions or make them betray you that alone is unforgiveable to not only betray you, and the feelings you held for him but also to subvert your authority and kill your other companions, it was espically infuriating for me because i had vette.

Relationships are built on trust and that trust was broken by his betrayal you can forgive and "understand" if you want but now that doubt will now always remain, what if qinn was in KoTFE? Whose to say he wouldnt have sold you out some how to valkorian for another promotion because the thought you were no match for him and he was "caught between 2 sith again", you can imagine that they had all the talks you want but the reality is that the doubt of his loyalty will always remain now.

Atleast arcann has some justification for his character because of his messed up, loveless childhood, and this is a thread for people who are happy quinn is coming back right? Im oh so happy hes coming back, like i said there are some loose ends to tie up.

Subject: I remain your loyal servant

My lord, it’s likely I’m prattling to no one. Still, I had to send something.

You’re not one for minced words, so I’ll be blunt: The Empire needs you. More than that–I need you. Discord reigns in Dromund Kaas. Without your leadership, the crew disbanded, and I have received little assistance from the Dark Council or Imperial military. No one will grant me an audience, much less answer my inquiries.

I should have come with you aboard Darth Marr’s ship–stood in my rightful place by your side. I know I’ve made mistakes, but I thought I had a lifetime to make up for my betrayal. Now I’m faced with the possibility of never seeing you again… and it makes me ill. I cannot accept it.

The shame of my past actions and my love for you will fuel me for eternity. No matter what anyone says–I know you’re alive, and I will find you. Even if it kills me.

My main gets her husband back and I echo wanting the same VA but it's Quinn... will write full coherent explanation as to why this is so good but for now... :t_tongue: this thread is for Quinnmancers- and I get Quinn again!!!

I was floored when I saw this in the stream notes. I really, truly thought that we would not see any of the remaining companions back for at least a year, if that. BW actually TOLD us what companions are coming and didn't hide behind the usual "spoilers" mantra like they usually do. And they told us ahead of time, instead of waiting until 24 hours before the new content dropped to say a peep about it. :eek: Now I actually have something to look forward to! See BW? Telling us what's coming can actually be a good thing.

And Elara too? Quinn and Elara are in my top 5, and considering that none of my top 5 had made an appearance yet, this is very good news.

Can someone explain the whole "Choosing Empire only gets you Imperial companions, etc" thing however? The notes made it sound like that was for Elara and Quinn only but people are talking like this is for all future companions. I thought there would actually be 3 choices, since "Alliance" was mentioned as one of the three powers fighting over Iokath. Is it possible to take the third option?

The notes made it sound like that was for Elara and Quinn only but people are talking like this is for all future companions.

Their statement in the stream was something like: while we don't have specific plans yet, you should expect that some companions in the future will care who you sided with on this choice. They did make it sound like it would mainly be around "die hard" (they used this word, and specifically named Iresso as an example) personalities where the companion had a strong loyalty to their faction.

So, understanding that all we have is some general statements about what they think they'll do in the future, the crystal ball would seem to say: "some but not all."

Edited by aethell

I was floored when I saw this in the stream notes. I really, truly thought that we would not see any of the remaining companions back for at least a year, if that. BW actually TOLD us what companions are coming and didn't hide behind the usual "spoilers" mantra like they usually do. And they told us ahead of time, instead of waiting until 24 hours before the new content dropped to say a peep about it. :eek: Now I actually have something to look forward to! See BW? Telling us what's coming can actually be a good thing.

And Elara too? Quinn and Elara are in my top 5, and considering that none of my top 5 had made an appearance yet, this is very good news.

Can someone explain the whole "Choosing Empire only gets you Imperial companions, etc" thing however? The notes made it sound like that was for Elara and Quinn only but people are talking like this is for all future companions. I thought there would actually be 3 choices, since "Alliance" was mentioned as one of the three powers fighting over Iokath. Is it possible to take the third option?

Well, that's the thing...I wish we could explain in more detail but they didn't explain it in detail to us. Eric just kind of dropped a comment about getting the companion depending on which side we choose...because on Iokath there will be other groups looking into the superweapon there, the republic, and the empire and the alliance...depending on whom we choose to support, it seems that we get a companion, whether it is Quinn I'm assuming for the Empire and Elara for the Republic. It seems like an 'either/or, not both' situation.

And I think, for many of us, we're worried about how our choice will impact future companions. They used the example of a Jedi could choose to support the Empire if they wanted to...but will that gate future republic companions behind that choice? This would be a disaster honestly. We should be able to choose companions based on our preference at that moment, rather than by what we decided before. Like if, say, as Jedi, we choose to support the Empire and get Quinn...what will happen in the future? Does that mean Scourge is cut off from us? Or Zenith or others? We don't know. It may be a nonissue, but they left us dangling and now we're wondering...it would be super nice if Eric or someone in the know would clarify this for us. I know I'd appreciate knowing that in advance.

You said so your self qinn was caught between 2 force users and instead of standing by the SW's side, trusting her, supporting her and having faith in her abilities like a person whom genuinely cared for someone would, he chooses to betray her to baras after he had already seen how baras had used then betrayed the SW and nothing in his head even ticked "hey what if baras would do the say to me", also who cares how strong baras is, the SW was basically the enforcer of the emperor and you dont get really much more powerful and influential than that, and quinn was there, he saw the SW get contacted by those 2 sith of the emperor so he knows it true

Relationships are built on trust ad and together they could have orchestrated a plot to use baras's lingering trust of quinn against him, but no he betrays you; trys to kill you, not sleeping around on you or something where you can say oh forgive n forget, but wants to murder you and your other companions and even has the gall to try and make jaessa betray you as well....when ******* crazy, power hunger darkside jaessa shows more loyalty to you...and that he wants to either kill your other companions or make them betray you that alone is unforgiveable to not only betray you, and the feelings you held for him but also to subvert your authority and kill your other companions, it was espically infuriating for me because i had vette.

Relationships are built on trust and that trust was broken by his betrayal you can forgive and "understand" if you want but now that doubt will now always remain, what if qinn was in KoTFE? Whose to say he wouldnt have sold you out some how to valkorian for another promotion because the thought you were no match for him and he was "caught between 2 sith again", you can imagine that they had all the talks you want but the reality is that the doubt of his loyalty will always remain now.

Atleast arcann has some justification for his character because of his messed up, loveless childhood, and this is a thread for people who are happy quinn is coming back right? Im oh so happy hes coming back, like i said there are some loose ends to tie up.

I agree with all of this. There is no justification for Quinn's betrayal.

But he's easily the most handsome and charming li we get as female characters, ok? We gotta head canon the **** out of this so just let us.

I think which side we choose will determine how the fraction will greet us in the future. You can't side with Quinn and get the weapon for the empire then think Kira will be like hey buddy....we aren't fighting on the same side but I like you. They don't know you. People change in 5 yrs. 6 yrs.

Okay...my responses in blue.

Yes really, if you love, the ability to forgive is important. If you can't forgive and move on, that's up to you, but for myself, I see Quinn's value, and I love his character.

Yes, I did say that, and stand by it. Part of the problem was weak writing on Bioware's part. They didn't consider all of the variables, which would have made the end part make more sense. There should have been the option for Quinn to confess and for him and SW to work together, but because of the way the game is, they only had 'x' amount of outcomes. I don't fault the character for not getting that option, but the person writing the story. Every outcome was not considered and logically this is what should have happened. So the game and writing had limitiations. Also it doesn't matter how strong Baras was as opposed to the SW...he's still quite capable of choking someone (Quinn) out over the holo.

Relationships are built on trust Yes, I realize that because I've been married in real life to the same person for 27 years, so real life experience affects my perception of this story.

ad and together they could have orchestrated a plot to use baras's lingering trust of quinn against him, but no he betrays you; trys to kill you, not sleeping around on you or something where you can say oh forgive n forget, but wants to murder you and your other companions and even has the gall to try and make jaessa betray you as well....when ******* crazy, power hunger darkside jaessa shows more loyalty to you...and that he wants to either kill your other companions or make them betray you that alone is unforgiveable to not only betray you, and the feelings you held for him but also to subvert your authority and kill your other companions, it was espically infuriating for me because i had vette.

As I said above, the story should have been more fleshed out, you can't blame Quinn for the writers and game makers shortfall and choice limitations in the game. Also, you have watched or done all of the outcomes with all of the characters to have seen these outcomes. I've watched them on youtube, but to play it right, I took Quinn with me on the station and his remorse is palpable.

Quinn writes to you before KotFE starts in earnest and the letter quite solidly shows that he is loyal to his SW love. I have no doubt that if someone tried to force him to betray her, he would rather die this time around.

There is no justification for killing millions of innocent people. You don't know what Quinn's childhood was...it's not like the writer's elaborated on it. Arcann wasn't being forced by anyone to kill planets...he was doing it because he's a dick. We're going to have to agree to disagree on this, because there is nothing you can say to me, that will sway my devotion for Quinn, nor my happiness at his return, and I suspect it's the same for you, in the opposite way...so cheers.

Edited by Lunafox

At first I thought of the many ways I could kill him...then I really thought about it...he was always so cute. Theron or Quinn...hmm...my mara will have a big decision ahead. Each time I think about it I think oooh I wonder what they're reunion will be like. Oooh :D how can you resist him? As I was waiting at the eye doctors I thought more on it and visions of his cutscenes entered my mind. :cool:

I agree with all of this. There is no justification for Quinn's betrayal.

But he's easily the most handsome and charming li we get as female characters, ok? We gotta head canon the **** out of this so just let us.

There is ALWAYS "justification" -- you may not agree with it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Quinn himself admits Baras "forced his hand", even if he never describes the nature or degree of force that was brought to bear. But this is a world where a Sith can "force" you with nothing more than a wave of his pudgy hand, too. It could be THAT simple, or it could be far more complex a level of force, too. Or even both, who knows? The story only leaves that particular detail perfectly blank, is all.

Or heck, we can just flat-out assume it's all about his looks. Rather than just maybe, maybe we're trying to make sense of the story. Because after spending months and months thinking about it after my initial playthrough (I was so bothered I deleted my first-ever Warrior character, mind you) - and since the entire incident doesn't make dang sense otherwise - I finally decided Quinn was telling the truth when he says, "He's forced me."

It just gave my Warrior even more incentive to slice open Baras' belly, is all.

Like the title says, Thanks for Malavai Quinn. I can't wait to get him back. I'm so excited. I do hope the VA is Richard Teverson (same as before), it wouldn't be the same without him.

Thanks for Quinn. <3

I'm here to join in on the love in!

I bet it would be too much to ask for him to come back playersexual, but a girl can dream.

I have a burly marauder that would drop Vette in a minute if that happened, but sadly there is no precedent for a LI being opened up to a wider audience. :(

...!

Just giving you a wave! I have a couple of characters in CotP, but I have to get my son to bed right when you run the guild activities so I never get to do them. They always sound like fun too :(

You're right, Kaliyo is much much worse. DarthLunafox says: Death to Kaliyo!!! *Xena warrior scream* :D

When it came down to it, Kaliyo came off as such a pitiably pathetic person, I just couldn't do it. I had wanted to kill her for so long, and then I didn't. Wimp! I recently made an instant 60 to go through the story and kill off as many companions as I can for achievements. I think I'll be able to kill her this time!

Snip.

I really don't think you are factoring in the Imperial/Sith culture in the way you are viewing the wrath's relationship with Quinn.

Edited by Damask_Rose

I'm here to join in on the love in!

When it came down to it, Kaliyo came off as such a pitiably pathetic person, I just couldn't do it. I had wanted to kill her for so long, and then I didn't. Wimp! I recently made an instant 60 to go through the story and kill off as many companions as I can for achievements. I think I'll be able to kill her this time!

I really don't think you are factoring in the Imperial/Sith culture in the way you are viewing the wrath's relationship with Quinn.

Welcome! And you brought snacks! You I like. You can sit here, next to me. *pats cushion* :D

She does come across that way at times, but I try to remind myself, she's just playing me. I killed her on one, and killed Catman on the other and on another both were allowed to live but were relegated to my s**t list. I actually enjoyed killing Catman more, oddly enough. So...there are achievements for killing comps eh? Might have to go on a wee murdering spree soon, just to see how the other half live.

Just giving you a wave! I have a couple of characters in CotP, but I have to get my son to bed right when you run the guild activities so I never get to do them. They always sound like fun too :(

They're typically a blast. We have some awesome people in the guild, so spending time together ends up being stellar fun. Or maybe I'm just biased, hehe.