Game Update 1.1: ‘Rise of the Rakghouls’ Coming Jan. 17th!

CourtneyWoods

Damnit. For once I have a Wednesday morning off work, and it's precisely that time I will be eating an 8 hours long maintenance... I'm cursed, seriously.

Me 2. My carefully, intentionally reserved game time is now screwed up.

We are also aiming to inform players of the precise duration of any weekly maintenance period at least 24 hours before the maintenance begins.

They only informed us the rescheduled down time a dozen hours before the patch. Now I have turned down a friend's invitation and am NOT able to play the game during the long hours. I feel really bad...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then people start complaining about no content.

Well with the companies capacity I'd say it should be possible to do both. The first issue with graphics etc should've been made prior to release unfortunately. I guess they continue to do content right now and hopefully in maybe version 2.0 they do a makeover.

It's a bit laughable right now as it is with many things. :(

End game wasn't tested on PTR. Following our current experience with end game content and Bioware's inability to test for bugs, I'm betting that almost every current Operation bug will still exist as well as more existing because of new bosses. Patch does relatively nothing for end game, or anything at all really. It's a pathetic patch.

End game is never tested in MMOs and it is really annoying to hear about let alone experience.

New content isn't really what's needed right now, but hey...

End game is never tested in MMOs and it is really annoying to hear about let alone experience.

New content isn't really what's needed right now, but hey...

Don't forget that the content teams (writers, actors, area designers, game scripters) aren't the same people who fix bugs (coders).

It would be silly to stop the content teams from working just because the bug fixing teams are flat out.

That is pretty much how in works in any MMO PvP. Not sure what the problem is?

Your solution would be what? That PvP is done without gear?

Or maybe that the gear doesn't have a special stat for literally no reason. PvP gear should be equal to PvE gear...it doesn't need anything other than that.

Write me up some code that would function how you state, make sure it doesn't interfere with anything else, and then I will tell you how difficult it is.

Arm-chair development doesn't mean something is simple in actual development, especially when there are probably hundreds of dependent functions attached.

It frustrates me when people use this argument.

The poster is not a coder, or a member of a team of coders. It isn't their job to fix the issues, but to point them out so that the people who are paid (probably) to work on the code actually work on it...

Stop complaining ?

Nearly 30 days the game is out, and you start complaining like its been a year. :mad:

Yeah, because some of these problems shouldn't be in an MMO released this decade. Not to mention the absence of some features is quite baffling.

Would really like them to bug fix abilities before tinkering with perfectly working ones. Seriously, how long is the SI aoe heal going to be doing half the healing the consular one does?

Stop tweaking SI assassin and other player abilities that work and fix the broken ones!

well this is all nice and all but...

I fail to see any fixes to the mighty codex(well apart from "one" bugged datacron)?

It would seem it has once again been ignored and continue to not work propertly.

And no same gender romances here either... (as they promised to put into the game)

Really cool they added some new content, though the things i was looking forward to being fixed/added the most seem to have been ignored... heh maybe next time ey

Zombie Revolution or whatever is fine and all, but why is Bioware adding new stuff before they even finish what is already there!? The Legacy system is glaringly unfinished and I also would have liked to have the new character creation options from it available before I started creating any alts.

Now they're saying we're gonna have to wait until March for that second experience bar to be worth anything? Is this a joke? The big question mark in the middle of the screen on the Legacy tab is gonna be doubly infuriating now. I feel like after I get my first character to level 50, I would be gimping myself in the future by not waiting until Legacy character creation options are included to create new ones.

I'm seriously considering not even renewing my subscription (which ends next week) until March when the game will actually be complete in my eyes. But by then I will also have Mass Effect 3 to enjoy so I might not even bother...

It frustrates me when people use this argument.

The poster is not a coder, or a member of a team of coders. It isn't their job to fix the issues, but to point them out so that the people who are paid (probably) to work on the code actually work on it...

I use it only when people use statements of "it must be an easy fix", especially when it's a 'from authority' argument.

You might want to re-read the post I replied to and then tell me about frustration. Here, I'll help you with the adjustments so you can see why I did what I did...

I think you either use a small bucket, or you overlook what sounds to me as very simple fixes.

To name one that is highly annoying yet can not take more than 5 minutes to identify and fix :

the GTN interface ALWAYS adds a default "1" to the price when you delete the suggested price for an item listing.

Now how difficult can it be to get rid of that 1?

That's not someone going "I wish they could fix this, it shouldn't be that hard", it's "this is an easy fix and shouldn't take x amount of time to do".

Edited by DrkCntry

so far i see not an improvement sadly the error 9000 is gone now its 4001 and the server list is gone .

So I ask the Dev can you not for once solve problembs instead create new ones

Its your Job to deliver a working The Old Republic but so far you make wrong choices each week.

Several Members told you of the Problem but you ignore them.

I wonder how your Superiors will like it when you do not get the subscribers they want to see .

Cause In the last weeks the stability of The Old Republic is weakened each week because some people do not remove the bugs in the core programming witch they are suppose to do

Bioware you are loseing it if you do not act alot of people will go back to WoW and it will be your fault alone Why ?

Because you promissed the Best Star Wars MMO ever

Well all i can see is that the more updates you do the situation gets worse and since you do not read the post from people and find a solution for them instead you add new content

Have you not learned from SWG and SOE mistakes do you need to repeat them ?

Sorry I still wait for the so called "Great Quality" you promised us but the action follow your words are not encouraging

I say it again Stop being Beginners and show the So Called Expert Expirence you told us in the last Years

Now would be a good time to stop make false Promises and show true Actions

Or do you realy want to let the Old Republic fail ?

Your Move and do it right this time Please

well thats what i been asking to do the bug sorted out befor adding new content founder medal nice.

But if they do not focus on the problem they face it will be pointless I been here since december 13th and my client never crashed until yesterday.

So i call this 8 hour maintance a setback instead an improvement

And Bioware should stop posting false facts and promising something that is far from the Real thing like high res textures on a promotion video and ingame its the same textures as beta and if they do aa it should not kill 50% of the textures

Sorry but I been in 50 MMO and if i say something on E3 and now here its time to prove this word where true und stand to it with actions and the action are not that what i said back then its pointless to ask for patience If the person in charge of the section in development fails

he/she has 2 options make it better and fast or clear his or her position

Failure is not an option Not Here not in any Job

All of the PvP weapons sold by Korus, the PvP Weapons Vendor on the Imperial Ship, have gone from 330 Warzone Commendations to 550 Warzone Commendations with the new patch. This is an attempt by Bioware to screw with the economy of the game and force players to "Grind" for gear. I'm sure in the future we'll be seeing more of this economic manipulation. This is exactly why gamers have left other games, like WoW, and why gamers are leaving this game now. Will the Game Dev's ever learn that it's just this kind of behavior that ruins the game by forcing players to "Grind" for gear, rather than rewarding good game play and skill. I for one am considering leaving and finding some other game.

All of the PvP weapons sold by Korus, the PvP Weapons Vendor on the Imperial Ship, have gone from 330 Warzone Commendations to 550 Warzone Commendations with the new patch. This is an attempt by Bioware to screw with the economy of the game and force players to "Grind" for gear. I'm sure in the future we'll be seeing more of this economic manipulation. This is exactly why gamers have left other games, like WoW, and why gamers are leaving this game now. Will the Game Dev's ever learn that it's just this kind of behavior that ruins the game by forcing players to "Grind" for gear, rather than rewarding good game play and skill. I for one am considering leaving and finding some other game.

then goodbye one sith less to worry about.

I find it good that they raise it because your faction is favoured by Bioware so why you complain in the first place when you have the advantages

I see now that FAILURE is the Bioware Motto. Oh and they also add False Hope and Promises to it too.

if you find a 100% flawless Stroy driven MMO with Scifi Background then post it here otherwise keep complaining

No MMO is bug Free at least after 50 MMO's I have not found one that could deserve that

if you find a 100% flawless Stroy driven MMO with Scifi Background then post it here otherwise keep complaining

No MMO is bug Free at least after 50 MMO's I have not found one that could deserve that

No body is favored you sad little pathetic Jedi.