super lag on SF Dantooine

Sattee

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This feels like it did last time this happened. What was it? E months or 8 weeks ago?

Why do these same things keep happening

I think it´s because the servers can´t handle the burden of calculating cxp and conquest points for every kill to all players and constantly updating the conquest leaderboards. And friend of mine is programmer and he confirmed this :)

The whole game is laggy.

Logged in for 45 minutes yesterday, crafted crap and messed on the GTN... Had lag delay continuously. Will test it out today.

Seems fine today, at least in my SH I notice no lag moving stuff around. It doesn't hinder my ability to craft anyway, or buy up low marked GTN items then resell them for huge profits. SWTORing ftw.

Edited by Lhancelot

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

I wanted to let everyone know that the team is aware of the issue and actively investigating solutions. Some adjustments were made last night that seem to have helped in some areas but not others, so we're continuing to pursue solutions to fully address the issue. I'll be sure to update you later today as we learn more. In the meantime, please continue to share any lag you're noticing on Dantooine or elsewhere (or any improvements)!

Hello everyone!

I wanted to let everyone know that the team is aware of the issue and actively investigating solutions. Some adjustments were made last night that seem to have helped in some areas but not others, so we're continuing to pursue solutions to fully address the issue. I'll be sure to update you later today as we learn more. In the meantime, please continue to share any lag you're noticing on Dantooine or elsewhere (or any improvements)!

Taris was laggy all day yesterday (Republic Version). Both during prime time and off peak hours.

Hello everyone!

Here's a solution, turn off Conquest XP for killing adds! Players have been saying this ever since the start of the week, the servers cannot handle the calculations and it is slowing them down. How hard is it to turn them off and KEEP them off?!

Hey Dan really appreciate the heads up! Thanks! Update did the heroics a couple hours ago seemed less laggy. Still there but less. As others in several threads have pointed out it seems to be affected by instance size.. what if instances were capped to 50 instead?

The ability delay on Starforge server has the game nigh unplayable. I was getting a 2 second delay on Nar Shaddaa while doing heroics, 59 people in instance.

Whatever was updated with the last restart has NOT fixed the issue.

• Dev Post
Throughout today the team has made some back-end changes to help alleviate the issue. While we've noticed an initial positive effect from this, I will closely be monitoring the Forums over the weekend. Please continue to let us know if there are issues or if its gotten better. If you are still having issues, please include the area and server to help us narrow our scope. I will be sure to pass it on to the team and we can act accordingly.

Hello everyone!

Revert back to the previous conquest system. Why investigate it and leave many folks with an unplayable game. Your player base have already done the work for you and youre not listening.

Throughout today the team has made some back-end changes to help alleviate the issue. While we've noticed an initial positive effect from this, I will closely be monitoring the Forums over the weekend. Please continue to let us know if there are issues or if its gotten better. If you are still having issues, please include the area and server to help us narrow our scope. I will be sure to pass it on to the team and we can act accordingly.

Thank you for keeping us posted! ^.^

Here's a solution, turn off Conquest XP for killing adds! Players have been saying this ever since the start of the week, the servers cannot handle the calculations and it is slowing them down. How hard is it to turn them off and KEEP them off?!

I like getting conquest for doing content. Additionally, if we're ever going to have that system function, they have to be able to test it under load. I'm willing to wait a few days so long as they can fix the problem eventually and actually communicate with us while it's broken.

I like getting conquest for doing content. Additionally, if we're ever going to have that system function, they have to be able to test it under load. I'm willing to wait a few days so long as they can fix the problem eventually and actually communicate with us while it's broken.

I’ve no issue with testing it out under load. What I do have a problem with is beta testing something during double xp/CXP weeks.

If they are going to do changes like this, bring them in when double points isn’t on or offer double points again as soon as they fix it.

This sort of thing happens nearly everytime they have an event like this. I can only imagine how many people come back to the game and get quickly turned off by it again.

You shouldn’t run these events unless you know the game is 100% solid. You don’t use the time to load test to see if the players can break it.

The week should be about getting players to come back and fall in love with the game again. Not come back and remember all the bad crap that made them leave in the first place.

I’ve no issue with testing it out under load. What I do have a problem with is beta testing something during double xp/CXP weeks.

If they are going to do changes like this, bring them in when double points isn’t on or offer double points again as soon as they fix it.

This sort of thing happens nearly everytime they have an event like this. I can only imagine how many people come back to the game and get quickly turned off by it again.

You shouldn’t run these events unless you know the game is 100% solid. You don’t use the time to load test to see if the players can break it.

The week should be about getting players to come back and fall in love with the game again. Not come back and remember all the bad crap that made them leave in the first place.

The events are the reason the load on the servers are so high, though, and if it only breaks when the population is like this, then what else can they do? I don't think the servers would be struggling so much if there weren't so many people around. It's a lose/lose situation if you're Bioware.

The events are the reason the load on the servers are so high, though, and if it only breaks when the population is like this, then what else can they do? I don't think the servers would be struggling so much if there weren't so many people around. It's a lose/lose situation if you're Bioware.

They are loaded enough under normal circumstances to test features like this new conquest system. They don’t need to be super loaded to test for bugs or lag issues.

Like I said, I’ve no problem testing this stuff when double xp isn’t on. But when it’s on, the game should be stable or it’s actually driving off players who are coming back to play double xp. The more times that happens, the more it enforces their negative opinion about the game. Eventually they don’t bother coming back for any reason. Sometimes it only needs to happen once to solidify their opinion. But you can nearly guarantee that if it happens multiple times, those who have left before, won’t come back the next time.

Most retail businesses know that you don’t run promos if you’ve got no stock or you aren’t set up for it or the products are poor quality. It leaves a bad taste in consumers mouths and drives down the brands name. Do it too many times and people ignore the business or brand entirely. That is retail management 101.

Essentially games are a consumer retail product. If the customer has too many negative experiences, they are driven away. Of course a brand can sometimes get those customers to come back and they get a chance to build some good will. But if they do come back, you want to make sure that experience is good and not bad or you do more harm to the brand than if you hadn’t run the promo.

They are loaded enough under normal circumstances to test features like this new conquest system. They don’t need to be super loaded to test for bugs or lag issues.

Like I said, I’ve no problem testing this stuff when double xp isn’t on. But when it’s on, the game should be stable or it’s actually driving off players who are coming back to play double xp. The more times that happens, the more it enforces their negative opinion about the game. Eventually they don’t bother coming back for any reason. Sometimes it only needs to happen once to solidify their opinion. But you can nearly guarantee that if it happens multiple times, those who have left before, won’t come back the next time.

Most retail businesses know that you don’t run promos if you’ve got no stock or you aren’t set up for it or the products are poor quality. It leaves a bad taste in consumers mouths and drives down the brands name. Do it too many times and people ignore the business or brand entirely. That is retail management 101.

Essentially games are a consumer retail product. If the customer has too many negative experiences, they are driven away. Of course a brand can sometimes get those customers to come back and they get a chance to build some good will. But if they do come back, you want to make sure that experience is good and not bad or you do more harm to the brand than if you hadn’t run the promo.

I came back fairly recently to kill some time. Turns out I took killing time too literally. This is some M. Night Shyamalan stuff. Double XP... with a twist. The infrastructure was dead the whole time.