'No active subscription' error

StephenReid

Grow up a bit and put on your big boy pants....

Be constructive, not condesending.

Some people want to try things out first. Why must you trample on other peoples position simply because you don't hold the same view or follow the same practice?

BTW, a good number of people do not have or use credit or debit cards and get by just fine. Is that also a government mandate? That I use plastic or I can't participate in society? Maybe only 5% of people use cash and pay for their subscription with regular purchase of play time cards. Why do they even have the option of using play time cards if a plastic only policy will do?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you still get 30 days free

No, if I don't have a credit card I must incur the cost of the play card to get to the free time. It has become conditional upon meeting two requirements, not simply and solely the purchase of the game.

It's nothing like that at all.

I beg to differ. But it seems I'm wasting my fingers. Nuff said on my part I think.

Really upset with the whole situation, even though it's a really simple solution (for those who have CC's). Essentially, if you don't have a CC, which I suggest you get one (if you can)..then you aren't really getting the 30 day's free because you then have to go out of your way to go buy a game time card (that is if they aren't sold out). But like I said, for those who have CC's, sub, un-sub, play. Cheers!

No, if I don't have a credit card I must incur the cost of the play card to get to the free time. It has become conditional upon meeting two requirements, not simply and solely the purchase of the game.

Any way you look at it it's a free month. As others have said, if you don't have a Credit Card there are plenty of pre-paid credit card companies. Otherwise the information was out there and if you didn't want to make that investment of a game card then that was your choice.

PayPal doesn't require a credit card (it can be done with a bank account link), and SWTOR takes PayPal.

Therefore you don't need to have a credit card, and you don't need to incur the cost of a play card.

This has to be the most absurd thing I've ever seen, reading that I have 27 days left of subscription and knowing that I can't access it because I need to place my credit card details. If anyone's got a frantic parent like me, convincing them that this won't charge them yet is hard. Way to make it harder on everyone.

This is really unacceptable. I have paid for 30 days of game time and your company has refused to give them to me unless I give you more money. I have filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's office, and urge everyone else to do the same with their respective Attorney General's office.

Also the fact that I wasted 2 hours this morning trying to pay and couldn't is terrible. Then this evening I tried to login and pay again and it took me another hour till I finally managed to get it and now it's time for work so I lost a whole day of gameplay time due to this.

Edited by Doldarius

This is really unacceptable. I have paid for 30 days of game time and your company has refused to give them to me unless I give you more money. I have filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's office, and urge everyone else to do the same with their respective Attorney General's office.

lol what a waste of time. It's clearly stated on the box. It's been explained here. You're not required to give them more money nor will they charge you more money until the 30 days are up. You are required to have a valid credit card or a game time card though. If you don't have a credit card then you might have to pay money for a game time card but that's not Bioware's fault.

This is horse ****. I set up my subscription just so I could complain for my brother and me. If we both paid for a game and it comes with 30 days, why can we not log into the game to play??? Why must we set up a subscription to play the time that we have already paid for? Are you hoping to screw a few people over in the future and make them pay for an extra month?

Also, I have 30 days to play that came with the purchase of your game. Today is 2011/12/22, and the game officially launched on 2011/12/20. Why does my account say that I have 26 days left? I'm no rocket scientist...oh wait I am...30 minus 2 (or minus 3 depending on the time of day) does not make 26 days remaining. Why are you trying to get more out of us? The greed is what is screwing over this country (USA of course), and the greed is what will make this game fail.

I have been trying to convert a guy at work (also a rocket scientist) from Rift to SWTOR for the past month. He agreed to it today. I have just called him and told him not to get this game until the developers start doing what is in the best interest for their customers...not for their pockets. If you would just do what is right, then the people will pay for the game. Else (you start trying to screw people over like this) you will not make back the money that has been invested.

Love,

BlueCrusader

This is the most messed up thing Bioware could have done to their players.

If you advertise (well to be fair, they've been doing lots of shady advertising with SWTOR) free game time, it should be just that.

How are people supposed to justify to their significant others that they need to use the credit card yet again because the $150 initially put down wasn't enough good faith.

This is purely a greed thing. They want to be able to say "well we have so and so many subscriptions".

Hell, I entered my credit card and it said it didn't want to accept it. Really? My 8 cents on it not good enough?

I charged it through my paypal, which required a credit card (the very same credit card bioware rejected) and was able to "subscribe".

Which is funny, because I had 27 days time worth of "play". Not once leading up to this did I think that I was going to have to input a payment method in order to access what I ALREADY BOUGHT.

I'm ranting for the tens of thousands of people affected by this and staring at this thread cursing. Couldn't even let us post on the forums without a credit card on file? I gave you $150. Come off your business high horse and start addressing the needs of the consumer instead of misleading them.

(oh and I canceled the subscription as soon as it went though so your plan has failed)

Edited by Reztastic

How are people supposed to justify to their significant others that they need to use the credit card yet again because the $150 initially put down wasn't enough good faith.

You were really going to pay $150 to play for 1 month?

At any rate they need the credit card to make sure that you're a real person. As has been stated multiple times this is an industry standard that isn't limited to gaming, although all the gaming companies do it. Do you go ***** at Netflix that you're required to enter a credit card even though you're supposed to get 10 days free?

Edited by Dasffion

Pretty awful business practice, really.

To have purchased the collector's edition of the game, where it clearly says "30 days game subscription included with purchase" right on the box, then come to find that you need an ADDITIONAL commitment in order to use your 30 days, that's not something that makes me happy. Not at all.

It doesn't say "30 days free with additional time purchase", it literally says 30 day subscription included with purchase.

30 minutes wasted waiting on phone support, finally hung up. In-game customer support contacted, then sends me a copy/pasted standard email that doesn't address my issue at all. Could not even post a message in this forum without giving them my credit card and paying an additional subscription fee.

First impressions are everything, Bioware. Shame on you.

You were really going to pay $150 to play for 1 month?

At any rate they need the credit card to make sure that you're a real person. As has been stated multiple times this is an industry standard that isn't limited to gaming, although all the gaming companies do it. Do you go ***** at Netflix that you're required to enter a credit card even though you're supposed to get 10 days free?

I love when people pick one sentence of an entire essay to pick apart and over-analyze. The game time was advertised as part of the package. At no time did they say, oh by the way, we are going to want your personal info AGAIN until maybe today or yesterday?

Unlike at netflix, they already have my card on hand because I bought the Collectors Edition from them, hence the good faith part.

Pretty awful business practice, really.

To have purchased the collector's edition of the game, where it clearly says "30 days game subscription included with purchase" right on the box, then come to find that you need an ADDITIONAL commitment in order to use your 30 days, that's not something that makes me happy. Not at all.

It doesn't say "30 days free with additional time purchase", it literally says 30 day subscription included with purchase.

30 minutes wasted waiting on phone support, finally hung up. In-game customer support contacted, then sends me a copy/pasted standard email that doesn't address my issue at all. Could not even post a message in this forum without giving them my credit card and paying an additional subscription fee.

First impressions are everything, Bioware. Shame on you.

You must have missed the part where it says "Valid Credit Card or Paid Game Card (If Available), Internet Connection and Paid Subscription Required to play game." After that it says 30 day subscription included with purchase. You're still required to have an internet connection and a Valid Credit Card or Paid Game Card.

I feel like I'm repeating myself.

I love when people pick one sentence of an entire essay to pick apart and over-analyze. The game time was advertised as part of the package. At no time did they say, oh by the way, we are going to want your personal info AGAIN until maybe today or yesterday?

Unlike at netflix, they already have my card on hand because I bought the Collectors Edition from them, hence the good faith part.

You bought your Collector's Edition for Origin (I'm assuming), not from Bioware. They have the same parent company but are separate entities.

I only commented on the one sentence because the rest of it has already been covered.

Edited by Dasffion

lol what a waste of time. It's clearly stated on the box. It's been explained here. You're not required to give them more money nor will they charge you more money until the 30 days are up. You are required to have a valid credit card or a game time card though. If you don't have a credit card then you might have to pay money for a game time card but that's not Bioware's fault.

You're not getting it. The real problem is that it is an incredibly misleading business practice.

On the box, reading it right now, it says "30 day subscription with purchase".

If you cannot enter your codes and play, after buying the game with that message on the box, it's a serious problem.

You're not getting it. The real problem is that it is an incredibly misleading business practice.

On the box, reading it right now, it says "30 day subscription with purchase".

If you cannot enter your codes and play, after buying the game with that message on the box, it's a serious problem.

You must have a very different box than I do I've posted several times what mine says and it clearly says you must have a Valid Credit card or paid game card to play.

EDIT: If you'd read the thread you would have seen this post earlier

In addition on the front of the box, and on the back it says "Valid Credit Card or Paid game Card (if Available), Internet Connection and Paid Subscription Required to play game. 30 day subscription included with Purchase."

What this means is you still need a Valid Credit Card or Paid Game Card to play the game but the Paid Subscription for the first month was included.

Edited by Dasffion

You bought your Collector's Edition for Origin (I'm assuming), not from Bioware. They have the same parent company but are separate entities.

I only commented on the one sentence because the rest of it has already been covered.

You seem to do a lot of assuming, especially that last part. Any one that has paid any kind of attention to this game knows that Origin has not handled the Collectors Edition.

I bought the Collectors Edition from Bioware through the retailer of their choice.

This makes the rest of your arguments suspect, at best.

You seem to do a lot of assuming, especially that last part. Any one that has paid any kind of attention to this game knows that Origin has not handled the Collectors Edition.

I bought the Collectors Edition from Bioware through the retailer of their choice.

This makes the rest of your arguments suspect, at best.

Seriously? You bought it through another retailer and you think that Bioware has your credit card info now? I'm done talking to you.

And yes, Origin did have the Collectors Edition.

Me giving you my game key should be the equivalent of activating a 30-day pass. Nice little trick you guys snuck in. Getting people to give you their CC and forget before your subscription renews is real classy.

When you see 30-days free, its human nature to expect FREE. Not this free with a CC.

Edited by ThePiePieper

Seriously? You bought it through another retailer and you think that Bioware has your credit card info now? I'm done talking to you.

And yes, Origin did have the Collectors Edition.

I'm sure you'll respond to the others complaining about the misleading.

Spin public opinion or whatever your purpose here is. Bye.